Next Last
omg

United States

#1 Jan 8, 2013
Another one?
Trust me

El Dorado Springs, MO

#2 Jan 8, 2013
http://www.houstonherald.com/news/former-tcsd...

No one is going to hire "Miss" Dunn when she is suing her former employer.
Todd

Mountain Grove, MO

#3 Jan 8, 2013
Trust me wrote:
http://www.houstonherald.com/n ews/former-tcsd-lieutenant-sui ng-county-commission/article_e efc15b6-599c-11e2-92d1-001a4bc f887a.html
You're mistaken. She is very well respected and the county is wrong on this one. Just not fair and very political in nature.
oh really

El Dorado Springs, MO

#4 Jan 8, 2013
yes they will ....a labor pay dispute has nothing to do with her ability to do the job.

I have a background in labor pay disputes and labor board disputes and....you cannot pay one person that was terminated vacation pay and then withold it from the next person.

you must treat all employees fairly AND the same or it's called discrimination. any policies have to be carried out fairly , from one employee to the next.
Trust me wrote:
http://www.houstonherald.com/n ews/former-tcsd-lieutenant-sui ng-county-commission/article_e efc15b6-599c-11e2-92d1-001a4bc f887a.html
Just ask

Houston, MO

#5 Jan 8, 2013
She is suing for 2013 vacation time, Carl fired her in 2012, if u think that's fair then I would like an application where u work
not so

El Dorado Springs, MO

#6 Jan 8, 2013
it was accrued from 2012....she has a good suit.

I'll bet she wins.
Just ask wrote:
She is suing for 2013 vacation time, Carl fired her in 2012, if u think that's fair then I would like an application where u work
Just ask

Houston, MO

#7 Jan 9, 2013
not so wrote:
I'll bet she wins.
<quoted text>
She was compensated for 2012, she wants money for 2013 go read the county personnel manual she don't have a case, I would rather they go bankrupt fighting it than give her another dime
yep

United States

#8 Jan 9, 2013
Just ask wrote:
<quoted text>
She was compensated for 2012, she wants money for 2013 go read the county personnel manual she don't have a case, I would rather they go bankrupt fighting it than give her another dime
Regardless of what you think , they cannot pay one and not the rest. Granted that is what the manual says but they blew that when they gave in and paid jones after he was fired. The new year begins dec 26 and she was working at that time. You work a year then are eligable in the new year so she worked in their 2013 year. Just because you or someone doesnt like her doesnt make it fair not to compensate her.
Oh brother

Wheatland, MO

#9 Jan 9, 2013
If it was earned in 2012 then she deserves it. If it was added for the new year then she doesn't. Where they shot themselves in the foot is when they paid the Jones guy his and then denied her. Could be seen as discrimination, and that could be a whole new case she might have. The egos of not only the commissioners but other arrogant men in charge in this town need to be put in check to make them realize they can't play God with lives of others just for their own satisfaction.
those in the know

Osceola, MO

#10 Jan 9, 2013
Jones wasn't fired, he resigned. Jones worked the
year he was paid for.
Melissa doesn't deserve one more red cent of our tax dollars. You say she's well respected. I say almost 8000 voters disagree.
bob

El Dorado Springs, MO

#11 Jan 9, 2013
Thanks for explaining Melissa... .Now go lay down. Its over for you.
true

El Dorado Springs, MO

#12 Jan 9, 2013
this is true...Melissa has a good suit and they need to treat everybody fairly or risk a discrimination suit later on.
yep wrote:
<quoted text>
Regardless of what you think , they cannot pay one and not the rest. Granted that is what the manual says but they blew that when they gave in and paid jones after he was fired. The new year begins dec 26 and she was working at that time. You work a year then are eligable in the new year so she worked in their 2013 year. Just because you or someone doesnt like her doesnt make it fair not to compensate her.
i know

United States

#13 Jan 9, 2013
those in the know wrote:
Jones wasn't fired, he resigned. Jones worked the
year he was paid for.
Melissa doesn't deserve one more red cent of our tax dollars. You say she's well respected. I say almost 8000 voters disagree.
He was fired and deserved it as well as his mother deserved being fired they are both worthless
yep

Branson, MO

#14 Jan 9, 2013
guess what...sigman rehired his worthless mother...the inmates will be happy they have someone to sneak in tobacco to them..
Spin

United States

#15 Jan 9, 2013
Plus steal whatever she " Glenda" can get her hands on. Smokes aren't the only thing she and Pam sneak the prisoners, a blow takes the edge off.
frankly

Cameron, MO

#16 Jan 9, 2013
not so wrote:
I'll bet she wins.
<quoted text>
If she is trying for 2012 she should of took it off before 12-31-2012 if not you loose it that is just how it is,,,now in the case of the other one that was fired he had time coming to him that he had not taken off yet so it was owed to him
Gotta wonder

El Dorado Springs, MO

#17 Jan 9, 2013
Well at least it's only small claims court so it won't cost the county a fortune. It will be interesting to see how it turns out. I, for one, hope she looses.
Check it out

Wheatland, MO

#18 Jan 9, 2013
Spin wrote:
Plus steal whatever she " Glenda" can get her hands on. Smokes aren't the only thing she and Pam sneak the prisoners, a blow takes the edge off.
Where do you think she gets the cigarettes.....ummm she works at Corner Express. Duh
Stupid

Wheatland, MO

#19 Jan 9, 2013
yep wrote:
guess what...sigman rehired his worthless mother...the inmates will be happy they have someone to sneak in tobacco to them..
Plus hiring another Jones who just happened to be a ring leader of the parades during the election. But that doesn't make Sigman involved in all that....yea right. Step one of many to prove his capabilities.
true

El Dorado Springs, MO

#20 Jan 9, 2013
she DID take the time off BEFORE 12/31.
frankly wrote:
<quoted text>
If she is trying for 2012 she should of took it off before 12-31-2012 if not you loose it that is just how it is,,,now in the case of the other one that was fired he had time coming to him that he had not taken off yet so it was owed to him

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Houston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Levi hutsell 4 min big boy 3
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 45 min Brain Dead Liberals 97,292
Gross 2 hr sad 2
MO Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 6 hr hahaha 3,194
Houston Walmart hunnies (Aug '13) 7 hr slap 52
MO Ferguson Police Chief Just Shocked Everyone Wit... Tue Go Blue Forever 590
Bad Parenting Story Tue artic touch 5
Houston Dating
Find my Match

Houston Jobs

Houston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Houston News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Houston