Need a great mechanic to do ALOT of expensive work any ideas?

Posted in the Houston Forum

Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Oct 22, 2012
DevilInsideThis

El Dorado Springs, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

Lets start this off by I'm not starting this thread to start bashing or slandering anybody. I am going to have a new 350 crate motor and tranny rebuild on my truck also 1600 dollars in tires and new suspension and possibly new gears. Please let me know what a name and phone number and your opinion on them or experience. I would preferribly not do any business with any shops here in town. I live in Houston, Mo and would really value your opinions. And I don't care if its a local shade tree mechanic especially if he does honest fair work.
Mr B Gone

Plattsburg, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

Louie Vestal in Licking...should be in the phone book.
i do

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2011

Robert Branum, he lives in houston
i know

Dadeville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2012

Judged:

Carter's automotive in Houston, he works out of his house on Dooley street (he used to be in Cabool), hes very good and has lots of experience with rebuilds, he is also reasonable in price.
I know also

Marshfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2012

You can try Daryl Shafer he's from Summersville, does very good work.
NOT impressed withCarter

Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2012

Judged:

i know wrote:
Carter's automotive in Houston, he works out of his house on Dooley street (he used to be in Cabool), hes very good and has lots of experience with rebuilds, he is also reasonable in price.
You do NOT want Jerry Carter. He has lots of experience with rebuilds, but he has been known to be drunk while working on them. He does not have a good reputation for his automotive skills! I would recommend you use almost anyone besides Jerry Carter!
Some Facts

El Dorado Springs, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2012

I know you dont want to do business in Houston but I love Jayes Automotive, I use to go to Steves Tire and decided that I would like a better job. They are great to work with and will fix any problem. I know they have been there anytime I needed anything done.
huh

Plattsburg, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2012

Judged:

NOT impressed withCarter wrote:
<quoted text>
You do NOT want Jerry Carter. He has lots of experience with rebuilds, but he has been known to be drunk while working on them. He does not have a good reputation for his automotive skills! I would recommend you use almost anyone besides Jerry Carter!
I wasnt talking about Jerry Carter, i was talking about L.M. carter
if your still looking

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2012

If you are still looking for a good mechanic go to ok tire in houston and ask for ronnie he is real good with motors and gurantees his work. He has been working on cars for years. When ever i need something fixed on me autos that is who i go to.
I know of one

Branson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2012

I can't think of the guys name but anyone in summersville would tell you. Theres a guy there that does insane work! And yes he is a drunk. But im telling you seriously he is incredible! You could ask anyone there. They all laugh and say the same thing. Actually think he works better when drinking. lol. i know this sounds dumb but i promise you its true. good luck finding someone!
Justin Canfield

Houston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2012

I recomend L.M. Carter have lived down the street from him and see many cars in and out i also take ALL my work to him never had a problem.
Maria

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

Yeah, Stop trying to be cheap by having people work there butts off for your cheap self!
Doris

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

I agree with Maria, stop being cheap and taking advantage of people! Mechanics do have mouths to feed too!! Why dont you go to a Benz dealership and try buying one with old chevy car money lmao!!! NOT... or sell your car dirt cheap!!!!
good honest mechanic

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

John phillips in raymondville is all around the best ! He has a shop at the intersection. Stays loaded with work so he's doing something right.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Houston Forum right now

Search the Houston Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 1 hr REAL AMERICAN PATRIOT 95,776
texas co sheriff 2 hr TheAnswer 2
Where's Dusty? 10 hr Seriously 1
New prosecuting attorney! Great news Tue My Say 320
Houston License Office (Apr '11) Tue tml 22
needing a job Mon Unknown 5
brittians auto Jul 28 mad 1
•••
•••
•••
Houston Dating

more search filters

less search filters