Wreck on 63 Hwy at Souls Habor

Posted in the Houston Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sorry

United States

#1 Sep 18, 2009
There was an accident involving KIDS on 63 Hwy at Souls Habor. Two Teen girls were killed. Red PT Cruiser was TBoned by Cabool Teen.

To everyone involved I am so sorry for your losses from this tragic incident.
only one

Branson, MO

#3 Sep 18, 2009
only one girl was killed
Sincere condolences

Maysville, MO

#4 Sep 18, 2009
I just called someone who said it was Angela or Andrea White. I couldn't make out the first name. She died instantly and her female passenger is at the hospital according to the source.

It's really sad when death comes so early to those who have just started to live. Sincere condolences to everyone touched by the tragedy.
so sad

Maysville, MO

#5 Sep 19, 2009
Andrea White died instantly and Lyndsey was hurt bad when Andrea's PT Cruiser was Tboned (broadsided) by Amanda Carnal's little brother as they pulled out of a residence on Hwy 63 over by Soul's Harbor Church in Houston, MO.
He has a broken arm, almost compound fracture, surgery monday... horrible accident, thankfully he was wearing his seat belt. Amanda said there was nothing he could have done to avoid it. He was driving his truck, a dodge 1 ton dually, and it doesn't stop quickly. Andrea was driving the PT Cruiser and Lynsey is now in Houston Hospital. The hospital waiting room and all outside is clogged with crying teenagers and those who love everyone involved. So very sad. The news is on facebook and here is the news in the Houston Herald.
http://houstonherald.com/articles/2009/09/19/...
broken hearted

Springfield, MO

#6 Sep 19, 2009
where on facebook?
hello

Osceola, MO

#7 Sep 19, 2009
May the God of comfort help you during this difficult time and may the love of those around you help you through the days ahead. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family.
mrbgone

El Dorado Springs, MO

#8 Sep 19, 2009
So sad...my heart and prayers are with the families of these young people.
so sad

Mount Vernon, MO

#9 Sep 19, 2009
You have to be friends with the ppl who are posting about the crash. Anthony Carnal and Lindsey Tarrants are going to be okay. Andrea White is Pat and Mark White's daughter.

Thanks for the kind comments - I know their families appreciate the support and love, this is really hard coming just after the death of David Foster.

Here is what is in the newspaper......
A Houston High School student was killed Friday night in a crash near a church on South U.S. 63, said the Missouri State Highway Patrol.

Dead is Andrea J. White, 17, who was the driver of a 2001 Chrysler PT cruiser that was pulling onto the highway and was broadsided by a 2004 Dodge pickup operated by Anthony W. Carnal, 20, of Cabool, said Tpr. Curtis Hubbs of the patrol. The car went off the road and overturned. The truck came to rest in a ditch.

The accident near Souls Harbor Family Worship sent emergency units to the scene, including the Texas County Rescue Squad and Houston Rural Fire Department.

A passenger in the car, Lyndsey S. Tarrants, 17, had moderate injuries and was taken to Texas County Memorial Hospital. Carnal's injuries were minor, and he also was taken to TCMH.

Traffic packed up for a time following the 9:25 p.m. accident, which is Troop G's 29th fatality of the year. A trio of patrol officers determined that Miss White was not wearing a seat belt, and Carnal was using one.

Services for Miss White are pending by Evans Funeral Home. She is the daughter of Mark and Pat White of Houston.
Sad and Confused

El Dorado Springs, MO

#10 Sep 19, 2009
He could have done alot to avoid the accident, he should not have been passing on a curve going over 85 mph. I hope he pays dearly for taking sweet, innocent Andrea White.
so sad wrote:
Andrea White died instantly and Lyndsey was hurt bad when Andrea's PT Cruiser was Tboned (broadsided) by Amanda Carnal's little brother as they pulled out of a residence on Hwy 63 over by Soul's Harbor Church in Houston, MO.
He has a broken arm, almost compound fracture, surgery monday... horrible accident, thankfully he was wearing his seat belt. Amanda said there was nothing he could have done to avoid it. He was driving his truck, a dodge 1 ton dually, and it doesn't stop quickly. Andrea was driving the PT Cruiser and Lynsey is now in Houston Hospital. The hospital waiting room and all outside is clogged with crying teenagers and those who love everyone involved. So very sad. The news is on facebook and here is the news in the Houston Herald.
music lover

Maysville, MO

#11 Sep 20, 2009
Sad and Confused wrote:
He could have done alot to avoid the accident, he should not have been passing on a curve going over 85 mph. I hope he pays dearly for taking sweet, innocent Andrea White.
<quoted text>
That's a blind curve there, and he likely didn't see them pulling out on the highway. I really wish the high school would offer a crash avoidance course. I took one about 100 years ago when I was in high school, and it STILL helps me.
music lover

Maysville, MO

#12 Sep 20, 2009
and I think the real message is KIDS - YOU GOTTA WEAR YOUR SEATBELTS!!! The penalty of not wearing one could be the death sentence.
hmm

Ozark, MO

#13 Sep 20, 2009
where did you get your information that he was passing on a curve going over 85 mph?
Sorry

United States

#14 Sep 20, 2009
Sad and Confused wrote:
<quoted text>
NO Facts or Fault has been published yet, so lets all wait to lame blame or fault. Thats why the call them ACCIDENTS!! I no people are grieving, but I also know that this young man didnt set out to hurt anyone, and now has to live with the fact the someone was killed in this ACCIDENT, I think that is itself is a big PUNISHMENT!!
Concerned

Cameron, MO

#15 Sep 20, 2009
I agree! The ONLY thing that should matter right now is helping the friends and family of these children involved. They are called accidents because no one intended on crashing their car into someone and killing them! People always look for someone to blame because they are angry and upset to lose a child,friend or whomever this sweet girl was to them. I know it has got to be weighing on this boys mind, let's not foget about him he will need support it is hard to deal with the fact that your truck hit someone and a death resulted from the accident, even if he was doing nothing wrong and there was nothing he could do it will haunt this boy. Can we please leave the negative and hurtful things alone in this time of tragedy and pain. Please lets focus on the memories of a wonderful girl. My condolences to the family and friends to all involved. I was going to post yesterday, I just couldn't think of anything to say in such a time of pain,hurt, and confusion. God bless and be with everyone involved!
Sorry wrote:
<quoted text>
NO Facts or Fault has been published yet, so lets all wait to lame blame or fault. Thats why the call them ACCIDENTS!! I no people are grieving, but I also know that this young man didnt set out to hurt anyone, and now has to live with the fact the someone was killed in this ACCIDENT, I think that is itself is a big PUNISHMENT!!
to sad and confused

Mount Vernon, MO

#16 Sep 20, 2009
Tthe rumor mill in town is saying all kinds of stuff, even going so far as to mention vehicular manslaughter, making up 'facts' and placing blame.

Folks are hurting and one of the steps of dealing with death is anger and striking out.

Take it as ONLY rumor. WAIT until the TRUTH is posted in the newspaper. A life is lost and two others altered forever by this sad occurance - don't make it worse by perpetuating unfounded gossip.

What is needed is love and prayers, not blame and spreading tales.
what ever

Houston, MO

#17 Sep 20, 2009
Sad and Confused wrote:
<quoted text>
go to the MSHP web site and read the report it has nothing in the report about him passing on a curve and how do u know how fast he was going????
big picture

El Dorado Springs, MO

#18 Sep 20, 2009
my condolences.

ok. it is an accident. everyones life has been changed because of it. eye witness accounts and ppl who worked the site is how we know he was passing. i am not placing blame. here r some things to consider. they probably didnt see him when they pulled out because he was behind a car either passing or getting ready to pass. so yes he had right of way. there are the two things that coincided to cause the wreck.

the next issue is the seatbelts. even with seatbelts at those speed it doesnt matter when u r tboned. seatbelts dont always save. i kno from experience. i have been injured because of a seatbelt (which i always make sure to properly wear.) I ended up with a neck injury and a concussion soley from the seat belt. this is all besides the point. things happen. it was a coincidence that both people made a mistake. it is for a reason and i guarntee some where down the line that i life will be saved due to this accident.

to all three families and ppl involved, i am deeply sorry.
crazy

Springfield, MO

#19 Sep 20, 2009
First of all, prayers go out to everyone involved.

Now to address the "passing on a curve" issue...that's bull! If the pickup would've been passing, then the girls had two vehicles to see...and didn't. And how did one vehicle hit the girls without the other one, if they were side-by-side passing????

I know people are hurting, but the driver of the pickup is a very good young man! He's a hard worker and very respectful to every one. Plain and simple...it doesn't matter at this point how he was driving...if the girls would have waited for the car, or cars, to pass by, then there wouldn't have been an accident! He didn't run off the road and hit the girls! Nor did he hit them in their lane. I was at the accident....the girls simply pulled out into traffic! It was terrible..and the young man will be unfortunately haunted by this for a very long time. I'm very sorry for the family of the young girl which was killed, but it wasn't anyones fault but hers.
family from TX

Longview, TX

#20 Sep 21, 2009
please do NOT place blame for an accident period ...
it doesn't help .......... the boy or the girls
in your defense of the young man, don't make it worse by blaming anyone else ... please .....
May God bless these young people.... and their families .... they ALL have much to deal with that none of us can possibly understand ....
Sorry

United States

#21 Sep 21, 2009
Lay NO BLAME anywhere!! This was a terrible ACCIDENT and we already have to Lay one to REST!!! And out of respect for her LETS ALL STAY POSITIVE from here on out!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Houston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Town needs to know! 1 hr Unknown 3
Shawn Smith (Oct '13) 18 hr Highlander 7
Ashley Swenson Wed squirt 10
MidTown Bar And Grill Dec 17 true 40
Anybody having issues with Centurylink internet? (Mar '12) Dec 17 bitch 38
Radio Station Scandal Dec 16 patty 22
keisha?? Dec 15 curious 1
Houston Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web