District wants clarification on Schoo...

District wants clarification on Schools Rating System

There are 3 comments on the The Deming Headlight story from Mar 27, 2011, titled District wants clarification on Schools Rating System. In it, The Deming Headlight reports that:

Educators await an explanation on the A-B-C-D-F Schools Rating System. Senate Bill 427, sponsored by Vernon D. Asbill, R-Carlsbad, passed the New Mexico Senate and House this month.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Deming Headlight.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#1 Mar 29, 2011
Edu-crat snippets and their meanings:
Howie Morales, D-Catron, is a former classroom teacher with a Ph.D. in Education. He breaks it down for us by speaking very slowly for our benefit. It’s a new grading scale -- separating A from B, B from C, etc.

He’s right, how will us non-Ph.D.s in Education ever grasp such a thing.

"There just needs to be a lot of work done," said Mary Lou Cameron, Deming's associate superintendent of community resources and support services.

I’ve got no less than eight words in my title. If you think I’m up for doing a lot of work for this paycheck, you got another thing coming.

School districts, Cameron said, have taken years and years trying to educate the public on AYP, and the public often still does not grasp it.

Parents are so stupid; it’s amazing they even figure out how to breed. And when they do, they make kids which just makes a lot of work for me. C’mon, golden retirement….
ancient one

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Mar 30, 2011
Good grief did the writer graduate from DPS. If so he surely did not learn to write a comprehensive sentence.

It seems as if DPS brags that they have a very high graduation rate but when you read the the little score sheets about NCLB it shows that very few kids can read well or do advanced math. If they can't read they surely can't learn other subjects as reading is necessary all thru life.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#3 Mar 31, 2011
My post was lousy, too. The cut-n-paste function didn't work and I was unclear where I was inserting my own translation. For the record, this is what I'm trying to convey:
If we got rid of all the Edu-crats, we could do a whole lot more actual teaching with a whole lot less money. All tasks and problems are far simpler than Title-Collectors would have us believe. Ph.D. s in Education? Get real. You can either teach or you can't. I actually hate Laura Bush's NCLB program.(constrains the syllabus and holds achievers back) So a simple grade card is the answer and I could develop a crude one in an afternoon - for free.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

House Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lawyer sues 100 ABQ businesses claiming advocac... Apr 19 coyote505 8
News State Police seize equipment at Key Research (Jul '07) Apr 18 Graddaughter of W... 5
News Torn apart by money - Ruidoso News (Sep '10) Apr 3 Pragmatist 7
News New Mexico airline service threatened if White ... Mar '17 lambert 1
News New Mexico may ban minors from indoor tanning Mar '17 lambert 3
News State senator to file bill requiring presidenti... Feb '17 well 54
News Travelers series continues: Magoffin sculpture ... (Jul '09) Dec '16 El Chico 7

House Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

House Mortgages