Crenshaw gets probation - Ruidoso News

Full story: Ruidoso News 18
Richard Lance Crenshaw has been sentenced to five years probation by District Judge Karen Parsons. Full Story
WOW

Lubbock, TX

#1 Jan 12, 2011
So this scumbag has been " stealing and "washing" checks all over Southern New Mexico for several years. "

Judge Karen dismisses 39 counts & lets him off with probation?!?!?! Lets him plead "no contest". Really????

How in the world does this awful Judge keep her job?
Just the Facts

Ruidoso, NM

#2 Jan 12, 2011
Before your so critical of the Judge, remember the plea agreement is worked out between the DA and the defendants attorney. You have to wonder what was wrong with their case to plea down like they did.
Wrong

Lubbock, TX

#3 Jan 18, 2011
The Judge can throw out the plea.

Judge Karen was also the one who gave this scumbag PROBATION and let him plead no contest like it was a speeding ticket.

If you think she is doing agood job you are not paying attenion. Her court is joke & it has been for years.
Just the Facts

Alto, NM

#4 Jan 18, 2011
Nothing I said is incorrect. You sound like you have an ax to grind.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#5 Jan 20, 2011
I think the judge should have intervened in this case and not allowed that plea deal. A very bad example to set.
Just the Facts

Ruidoso, NM

#6 Jan 20, 2011
When a DA plead bargains a criminal case it is generally because there could be issues with taking it to trial. Most Judges defer to the DA for that reason.

As far as this particular case, I do not know anything one way or another about this specific case.
Yeah

Ruidoso, NM

#7 Jan 20, 2011
WOW wrote:
So this scumbag has been " stealing and "washing" checks all over Southern New Mexico for several years. "
Judge Karen dismisses 39 counts & lets him off with probation?!?!?! Lets him plead "no contest". Really????
How in the world does this awful Judge keep her job?
thats so cool
Wrong again

Lubbock, TX

#8 Jan 21, 2011
So you no nothing about the facts of the case, yet you defend the Judge blindly.

The pitiful Judge Karen once again let a multiple & repeat felon off just because the DA did not want to do their job. This is pattern that this Judge & the DA have had for a long time. They refuse to prosecute criminals to the fullest extent of the law. The crime in Lincoln County is horrendous all we get is a halfass job from those who should be helping to stop it.

So, yeah , I guess I do have an "axe to grind".
Lance Crenshaw

Lovington, NM

#9 Feb 15, 2011
I would like to comment on Judge Parsons sentence involving my case. Granted, I committed numerous crimes, but Judge Parsons gave me a second chance to get my life back on track. I was overcome with extreme drug addiction, which fueled my crime spree. I have now been sober for over 8 months, and am in my second month at the "Opportunity House", a rehabilitation program for criminals like myself; to help us get a second chance at life. I am not a bad person, I just made really bad decisions. People in life who are blessed enough to get second chances usually don't mess up again, and I plan on staying on the road to redemption. Thank you all for your time.
Crime and Punishment

Alto, NM

#10 Feb 15, 2011
Lance Crenshaw wrote:
I would like to comment on Judge Parsons sentence involving my case. Granted, I committed numerous crimes, but Judge Parsons gave me a second chance to get my life back on track. I was overcome with extreme drug addiction, which fueled my crime spree. I have now been sober for over 8 months, and am in my second month at the "Opportunity House", a rehabilitation program for criminals like myself; to help us get a second chance at life. I am not a bad person, I just made really bad decisions. People in life who are blessed enough to get second chances usually don't mess up again, and I plan on staying on the road to redemption. Thank you all for your time.
You are very wrong. Statistics show that most criminals who are given a second chance DO mess up again, especially addicts. While I wish you good luck, I believe the judge gave you far too lenient a sentence.
Righteous One

Ruidoso, NM

#11 Feb 15, 2011
Lance Crenshaw wrote:
Stop your pleading. In this area, we reserve forgiveness only for minor crimes like murder. Right, Cody?
If you want our compassion, you should have taken out your sister.
keep your head up

Gilbert, AZ

#12 Feb 18, 2011
Lance Crenshaw wrote:
I commend you Lance. Everyone deserves a chance to turn their lives around. Thank you for being open and transparent. I wouldn't bother with the haters on this blog site. They are suffering from pain and unforgiveness themselves...they get their thrills by being nameless faceless jerks. You keep looking forward and don't let anyone get you down. I don't know you personally, but I have read this blog site off and on....the writers here are always attacking someone. People do recover...maybe your testimony can help some people on this site and encourage them to get a life and some help as well.
ghost

Germany

#13 Feb 18, 2011
keep your head up wrote:
<quoted text>
I commend you Lance. Everyone deserves a chance to turn their lives around. Thank you for being open and transparent. I wouldn't bother with the haters on this blog site. They are suffering from pain and unforgiveness themselves...they get their thrills by being nameless faceless jerks. You keep looking forward and don't let anyone get you down. I don't know you personally, but I have read this blog site off and on....the writers here are always attacking someone. People do recover...maybe your testimony can help some people on this site and encourage them to get a life and some help as well.
Aren't you one of the nameless, faceless jerks? Lance has nothing to hold his head up about, at least at this time. He hurt many people with his crimes and he should be deeply ashamed. He got let off way too easily and I can think of no reason for it.
J LAW

Alto, NM

#14 Feb 18, 2011
Get ready, Hon. Karen Parsons; here comes the truth train! In the text that follows, I don't intend to recount all of the damage caused by Hon. Parsons's assanine rulings but I do want to point out that if Hon. Parsons honestly believes that some of my points are not valid, I would love to get some specific feedback from her. My chief objective is to reveal the nature and activity of her yes-men and expose their inner contexts as well as their ultimate final aims. For proof of this fact I must point out that if we do nothing, she will keep on imposing a one-size-fits-all model on how criminals should be coddled. We must understand that when Hon. Parsons's pathological rulings are translated into plain, words-mean-things English, she appears to be saying that honor counts for nothing. For me, this iconoclastic moonshine serves only to emphasize how Hon. Parsons doubtlessly intends to ascribe opinions to our county that even hardened criminals don't hold. The direful sequence of that result, so flagrantly ungrateful and revolting in itself, is that insolent, jejune scofflaws will displace meaningful discussion of an issue's merit or demerit with hunch and emotion any day now. So you see, there are other strains of phallocentrism active today, and the siren calls of those movements may mesmerize unscrupulous trollops whose puerile behavior blinds them to judicial lessons.
illiterate jibe law

United States

#15 Feb 19, 2011
say what? hardly understand this jumberish, is she about to step on your toes somehow? my guess would be yes.
Lance Crenshaw

Littleton, CO

#16 Feb 29, 2012
It's been a year since I last posted on this site, and things are going really well. I am close to being done with payment for restitution to the victims and people I affected. I have a great job, a caring and loving family, and living the sober life is very rewarding. Thank you once again Judge Parsons for my second lease on life.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#17 Mar 5, 2012
as long as you made a turn around your ok in my books man
justmeeeeee

Albuquerque, NM

#18 Mar 5, 2012
This is newMEXICO, the judicial system in this so-called-state is a joke!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

House Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ruidoso Police Department: Scammers use reliabl... Oct 7 promciterid 1
FBI identifies human remains found on Navajo Na... Sep '14 RezDine 6
Homelessness identified as top issue in Farming... Jun '14 indian 23
Video: Morning News June 12, 2014 Jun '14 too 1
Pecos Basin water studies continue Jun '14 Carlsbad Resident 1
Century-old eastern NM post office closes (Jun '09) May '14 Neil 3
Sound Off: May 6 May '14 BLOODONHISHANDS 1
House Dating
Find my Match

House Jobs