Dogs in restaurant patios under bill ...

Dogs in restaurant patios under bill to governor

There are 95 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Mar 16, 2011, titled Dogs in restaurant patios under bill to governor. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

Pet owners can take their dogs with them to restaurant patios under legislation that's heading to Gov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
ThomasA

Gadsden, AL

#82 Mar 24, 2011
Fed Up wrote:
<quoted text>
Just give it time. It should be the resturant owners decision anyway. If I don't agree, I don't have to go.
And thats Mrs. Smart Guy, thank you.
The restaurant owner makes the final decision AFTER he knows all the local health codes for non-service animals are met and his insurance company is involved with safety and health standards because it will only take seconds for a situation to get costly enough in court to cost the person his investment. You can post all the warning signs you want but the fact that the dogs are knowingly welcomed and allowed puts the establishment in financial risk. The courts normally favor the bite victims with big $$$$$. Peace!
Darren

United States

#83 Mar 24, 2011
Yes. The government has too much control. If someone wants to allow dogs in their place go for it. I'll go to the places without. The government shouldn't waste time even discussing such a thing. The government is our worse enemy. They are cutting deals and making "agreements" to strip You of freedom. They give out the free money to keep You from noticing.
Onate

Albuquerque, NM

#84 Mar 24, 2011
Just think,if we could stuff those dogs with tobacco, we'd be able to smoke at restuarants again.
Willie

Los Angeles, CA

#85 Mar 25, 2011
Who wants to be enjoying a nice meal when a dog fight erupts?
Michael Vick

United States

#86 Mar 25, 2011
Willie wrote:
Who wants to be enjoying a nice meal when a dog fight erupts?
Me
Feces friendly Governer

Santa Fe, NM

#87 Apr 16, 2011
So people can't smoke on patios but dog sh#t is fine?

Who voted this idiot Governor into office?

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#88 Apr 16, 2011
If she intends to allow this she better make damn sure aggressive dogs are not allowed.

Oh and to all you pet owners, bath your woof woof before going to a restaurant with it, I don't wish to smell a dirty dog as I eat.

And I do like doges, well some breeds, not those over grown mouse, not aggressive ones and for sure barking dogs that just won't shut up and the owners do nothing to make it stop.

That spoils the meal and you will be handed the bill to pay as I leave the food and walk out.
CornDogz

Arlington, TX

#89 Apr 17, 2011
Feces friendly Governer wrote:
So people can't smoke on patios but dog sh#t is fine?
Who voted this idiot Governor into office?
Not if you tin foil hat types eat it fast enough. Dogshit and smoke are two totally different issues.

Seriously, this is an restaurant issue. If people don't like the dogs there, they shouldn't eat there - and the restaurants may well feel that in their bottom line.

Location hidden

#90 Apr 17, 2011
CornDogz wrote:
<quoted text>
Not if you tin foil hat types eat it fast enough. Dogshit and smoke are two totally different issues.
Seriously, this is an restaurant issue. If people don't like the dogs there, they shouldn't eat there - and the restaurants may well feel that in their bottom line.
There are certain types of restaurants I can see allowing dogs, open patio with a way in not going through the main inside part would probably work fine.

But why just dogs, what about cats, parrots and other types of pets?

If the Governor plans to sign the bill make it more "pet" friendly for all types of pets.

With the exception of as I said in another post the aggressive dogs.

Can anyone picture a couple with a pit bull (not picking on them, just an example) and a family eating in the patio, one of their little children goes over to pet the dog and gets attacked, now both the dog owners and the restaurant are going to be sued and the next thing you know people are going to demand that law be changed to NO pets allowed.

If apartment and home owners who rent can restrict breeds why not include that in this bill?

SanchoManyGoats

Havre, MT

#91 Apr 17, 2011
yea i want to bring my favorite Goat, Misty, she likes to lick my plate!!!
Sancho Manygoats

Denver, CO

#92 Apr 18, 2011
SanchoManyGoats wrote:
you pinche impersonator how did you know I let my goats lick the plate???

Location hidden

#93 Apr 18, 2011
SanchoManyGoats wrote:
Thought your goat was named Denish!!!!
Sancho Manygoats

Denver, CO

#94 Apr 18, 2011
Bluntly Spoken wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought your goat was named Denish!!!!
If I had a goat named denish I would give it to some hungry mexicans
Once Again

Farmington, NM

#95 Apr 19, 2011
Dogs in Thai places are pretty standard.......Oh, but that's on the menu.
CornDogz

Arlington, TX

#96 Apr 19, 2011
Once Again wrote:
Dogs in Thai places are pretty standard.......Oh, but that's on the menu.
Only in our war zone, oops, I mean our International District.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

House Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News handicapped space (Nov '15) Thu another 36
News WNMU Mariachi Ensemble Wins Awards, Readies For... Jul '16 Chano 3
News Bill ending social promotion stalls in New Mexi... (Feb '16) Mar '16 Caroline 27
News New Mexico bail bond amendment passes House Jud... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Corky 7
News Homelessness identified as top issue in Farming... (May '14) Jan '16 Go figr 29
News New Mexico Dems eye changes after historic loss... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Joseph 2
News Column: Opponents of solar tax credit didn't do... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Solarman 1

House Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

House Mortgages