Dogs in restaurant patios under bill ...

Dogs in restaurant patios under bill to governor

There are 95 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Mar 16, 2011, titled Dogs in restaurant patios under bill to governor. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

Pet owners can take their dogs with them to restaurant patios under legislation that's heading to Gov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Otis

United States

#1 Mar 16, 2011
Can we just for once focus on real issues.the 3 ring circus in Santa fe continues.
Still Standing

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Mar 16, 2011
This is a real issue. For the state to become known as pet friendly can generate a lot of tourism dollars from those crazy dog people that have extra bucks to see New Mexico. I personally wold eat inside away from the dogs.
You are not allowed

Huntsville, AL

#3 Mar 16, 2011
Still Standing wrote:
This is a real issue. For the state to become known as pet friendly can generate a lot of tourism dollars from those crazy dog people that have extra bucks to see New Mexico. I personally wold eat inside away from the dogs.
They'd make you stay outdoors because you're a dog. Only service dogs are allowed indoors. Not services like those you provide either.
Still Standing

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Mar 16, 2011
You are not allowed wrote:
<quoted text>
They'd make you stay outdoors because you're a dog. Only service dogs are allowed indoors. Not services like those you provide either.
That wasn't very nice of you to say, you don'tn even know me.
Just say no to dogs

Brighton, MI

#5 Mar 16, 2011
I don't want to be eating in a restaurant and have some strange dog come up to me and lick my leg. You have to go through the main restaurant to get to the patio in most restaurants. That means dogs will be walking through crowded restaurants. It's bad enough that I have to put up with unrestrained dogs on the walking trail, pooping on the path and going up to people to sniff and lick them. Do I have to put up with it in restaurants too???
Dog Lover

Santa Fe, NM

#6 Mar 16, 2011
I would rather eat around most dogs than most people. At least then I could eat my meal, be entertained and not listen to jerks talking too loud on their cellphones or to each other!
Willie

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Mar 16, 2011
If the food is bad, the dog is right there to finish it off for ya.
Just say no to dogs

Brighton, MI

#8 Mar 16, 2011
Dog Lover wrote:
I would rather eat around most dogs than most people. At least then I could eat my meal, be entertained and not listen to jerks talking too loud on their cellphones or to each other!
At least people don't sniff your crotch and hump your leg...in public.
Manimal

United States

#9 Mar 16, 2011
True dogs are better than most people, I don't have a dog anymore because my job takes me away from it. But having animals around is a great thing, its their planet too.
Just say no to dogs

Brighton, MI

#10 Mar 16, 2011
Manimal wrote:
True dogs are better than most people, I don't have a dog anymore because my job takes me away from it. But having animals around is a great thing, its their planet too.
Well, when the dogs start building restaurants then they can eat in them and keep us out. Until then, dogs GO HOME!
Still Standing

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Mar 16, 2011
Just say no to dogs wrote:
<quoted text>
At least people don't sniff your crotch and hump your leg...in public.


Maybe not but I have seen people do other vile things in public. Most dogs that are taken into public by their owners are well behaved. They are usually more pleasant to be around than grumpy grouchy animal haters.
OneWhoKnows

Salt Lake City, UT

#12 Mar 16, 2011
I would rather have a dog under the table than a Kid wining, sniveling and making a Sean. I will say that I have a standard Poddle who is smarter than most people. And a lot better behaved than most children.
Still Standing

Albuquerque, NM

#13 Mar 16, 2011
True, I have never seen a dog pee on the floor in a restaurant, but I have seen a child do it.
Chango eats free

Havre, MT

#14 Mar 16, 2011
Yea cool, i'll bring my Pit-bull in to the local diner,, when its Poodle time,, that should be fun... oh and it will be poo-poo thirty... appetizer anyone?
bullpucky

Albuquerque, NM

#15 Mar 16, 2011
can't smoke there, but have to put up with hair shedding slobbering dogs. Figures .. Thay will have to have a way to ensure the dogs are current on all their shots.
OldVet

Salt Lake City, UT

#16 Mar 16, 2011
bullpucky wrote:
can't smoke there, but have to put up with hair shedding slobbering dogs. Figures .. Thay will have to have a way to ensure the dogs are current on all their shots.
Now that's funny, I can assure you most dog's you will ever see on a "patio", are with out a doubt a lot cleaner, more well behaved and nicer to be around than the children that are there, and a lot of the patrons in general. As for the "pit-bull" Guy, people like you should not be allowed to own a pet. Obviously your Pit Bull is smarter than you. Are you sure the Children, disease carrying little urchins that they are have THERE shots? People who don't like pets are not the best people to be around anyway as far as I'm concerned. A dog will love you even if you are a 'dickhead'....think about that.
Alice

Farmington, NM

#17 Mar 16, 2011
bullpucky wrote:
can't smoke there, but have to put up with hair shedding slobbering dogs. Figures .. Thay will have to have a way to ensure the dogs are current on all their shots.
I bet you won't find a dog hair in your food but you dang sure will find a human hair in your food. As for the slobbering, well I've seen some pretty gross looking , slobbering smelly people hanging out in the parking lots of some of the restaurants around here. Most dogs don't slobber anyway.
Naybor

Placitas, NM

#18 Mar 16, 2011
If this law comes to be, I will be bringing along a pocket full of chocolate or other "treats" to feed to those hapless mutts while I dine. Wouldn't it be terrible if one of them ate something that they should not have?
Farmington Resident

Albuquerque, NM

#19 Mar 16, 2011
Just say no to dogs wrote:
I don't want to be eating in a restaurant and have some strange dog come up to me and lick my leg. You have to go through the main restaurant to get to the patio in most restaurants. That means dogs will be walking through crowded restaurants. It's bad enough that I have to put up with unrestrained dogs on the walking trail, pooping on the path and going up to people to sniff and lick them. Do I have to put up with it in restaurants too???
Read the article again.... It says ON A LEASH!

“come to Richie,, ”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#20 Mar 16, 2011
OldVet wrote:
<quoted text>Now that's funny, I can assure you most dog's you will ever see on a "patio", are with out a doubt a lot cleaner, more well behaved and nicer to be around than the children that are there, and a lot of the patrons in general. As for the "pit-bull" Guy, people like you should not be allowed to own a pet. Obviously your Pit Bull is smarter than you. Are you sure the Children, disease carrying little urchins that they are have THERE shots? People who don't like pets are not the best people to be around anyway as far as I'm concerned. A dog will love you even if you are a 'dickhead'....think about that.
so in one post you want to make it against the law for dumb asss to own a dog, Children are deseased urchins , People who dont like pets are no fun, and a dog will love you even if your a "dickhead" haha,, well you got one right,,

okok,, just playin Cool,, but NO Dogs in restaurants, dont need dog hair flyin around , its not Kosher, haha, and besides that pit will munch the other dogs , then we will have dog fights while we eat? Hey,, that could be fun... interesting for sure... okok,, I like dogs, but dont bring them in the restaurants, its trouble, poop trouble,, ill throw up in front of everyone if a dog does that when im eating,, haha, woo...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

House Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NM bill outlaws smoking in vehicles with kids (Feb '09) Jun '17 sadeyes982003 362
News Lawyer sues 100 ABQ businesses claiming advocac... Apr '17 coyote505 8
News State Police seize equipment at Key Research (Jul '07) Apr '17 Graddaughter of W... 5
News Torn apart by money - Ruidoso News (Sep '10) Apr '17 Pragmatist 7
News New Mexico airline service threatened if White ... (Mar '17) Mar '17 lambert 1
News New Mexico may ban minors from indoor tanning (Mar '17) Mar '17 lambert 3
News State senator to file bill requiring presidenti... (Jan '17) Feb '17 well 54

House Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

House Mortgages