Lecture: Hunger crisis in Palomas

Lecture: Hunger crisis in Palomas

There are 8 comments on the The Deming Headlight story from Apr 3, 2011, titled Lecture: Hunger crisis in Palomas. In it, The Deming Headlight reports that:

Families sort food items donated to La Luz de la Esperanza Palomas Outreach in Palomas, Chihuahua, Mexico, 35 miles south of Deming.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Deming Headlight.

mark

Boulder, CO

#1 Apr 4, 2011
I would encourage everyone to help out a little bit. I will look through my cupboards to see if I could give something that I would not miss. Not all can do this, but many can and should.
Southbound

Federal Way, WA

#2 Apr 4, 2011
Too bad the Columbus mayor is locked up, he could send them some guns so they could hunt for food....Damn Feds!
Tommy Rot

United States

#3 Apr 4, 2011
Its too bad the people accused of smuggling guns into Mexico, did not put their effort into a little humanitarian aid for someone just across the border. They wouldn't be in a jail cell and the people in Palomas would have benefited.
Old Timer

United States

#4 Apr 4, 2011
Glad to see some compassionate people on this Forum that want to help. These people are in a bad situation in Palomas through no fault of their own for the most part. I count my blessings that I'm not in their position and needing just the basics, certainly things like food. I also will make another donation, which I did not too long ago, but always can make room for a bit more to give these people. Drop off point for non-perishable foods is at Diaz Farms at the north end of town.
Border Friend

Silver City, NM

#5 Apr 6, 2011
I wish to thank all who attended and who expressed deep concern and interest in the humanitarian work of Mexican-American Esperanza Lozoya and aid to Palomas to support her work there among the poor!

Thank you for the wonderful food you collected for those in need in Palomas!

All who joined the Outreach mailing list will be added very soon.

best wishes to all, and special thanks to the Center for Latin American and Border Studies for hosting the talk!

coordinator for the Palomas Outreach,
Victoria Tester at
[email protected]
Old Timer

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#6 Apr 6, 2011
Border Friend wrote:
I wish to thank all who attended and who expressed deep concern and interest in the humanitarian work of Mexican-American Esperanza Lozoya and aid to Palomas to support her work there among the poor!
Thank you for the wonderful food you collected for those in need in Palomas!
All who joined the Outreach mailing list will be added very soon.
best wishes to all, and special thanks to the Center for Latin American and Border Studies for hosting the talk!
coordinator for the Palomas Outreach,
Victoria Tester at
[email protected]
Does this mean the food drive for Palomas has ended ? If not, then is Diaz Farms still taking contributions or has the pick-up location changed. There's still myself and one other person that would like to donate more food so please let me know.
Border Friend

Silver City, NM

#7 Apr 6, 2011
Old Timer wrote:
<quoted text>
Does this mean the food drive for Palomas has ended ? If not, then is Diaz Farms still taking contributions or has the pick-up location changed. There's still myself and one other person that would like to donate more food so please let me know.
Thank you so much!!!!

The food drive for Palomas is an ongoing one, it is continually collected from Diaz Farms for ongoing the Outreach's food distributions! Our red barrel at Diaz Farms is there for that purpose. If it is full, Diaz Farms employees will direct on on where to put the food, as they happily keep up with any overflow. We deeply appreciate your support, and thank you on behalf of the families of Palomas!!! if you'd like to be on our Outreach mailing list to be notified of our ongoing work, please e-mail me at [email protected] and let me know.
The list is anonymous; Your information will be shared with no one.

Best wishes! Coordinator for the Palomas Outreach
Old Timer

United States

#8 Apr 6, 2011
Border Friend wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you so much!!!!
The food drive for Palomas is an ongoing one, it is continually collected from Diaz Farms for ongoing the Outreach's food distributions! Our red barrel at Diaz Farms is there for that purpose. If it is full, Diaz Farms employees will direct on on where to put the food, as they happily keep up with any overflow. We deeply appreciate your support, and thank you on behalf of the families of Palomas!!! if you'd like to be on our Outreach mailing list to be notified of our ongoing work, please e-mail me at [email protected] and let me know.
The list is anonymous; Your information will be shared with no one.
Best wishes! Coordinator for the Palomas Outreach
Thank you for the info. Soon I'll go shopping again and will drop it off at Diaz Farms all boxed up for you. Don't need to be on your mailing list as long as I keep seeing your articles in the local Deming Headlight. Glad to help and thank you for being there for these people, I'm sure they appreciate your help.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

House Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lawyer sues 100 ABQ businesses claiming advocac... Apr '17 coyote505 8
News State Police seize equipment at Key Research (Jul '07) Apr '17 Graddaughter of W... 5
News Torn apart by money - Ruidoso News (Sep '10) Apr '17 Pragmatist 7
News New Mexico airline service threatened if White ... Mar '17 lambert 1
News New Mexico may ban minors from indoor tanning Mar '17 lambert 3
News State senator to file bill requiring presidenti... Feb '17 well 54
News Travelers series continues: Magoffin sculpture ... (Jul '09) Dec '16 El Chico 7

House Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

House Mortgages