Stalled gun control bill returns to the legislative process, this...

There are 15 comments on the Feb 12, 2013, The Daily Lobo story titled Stalled gun control bill returns to the legislative process, this.... In it, The Daily Lobo reports that:

The once-defeated Firearms Transfer Act has returned to active debate in the Legislature after it was revised to focus exclusively on gun shows.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Lobo.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
time

Santa Fe, NM

#21 May 1, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
The right to bear arms was never meant for some personal, selfish desire, and not strictly for one's own personal protection, though that is also valid. It is a based on a social obligation to defend your family and your community. This is called good citizenship.
to join the well-regulated state militia. The British are coming back.

“Fear is the Mind-Killer”

Since: Jun 08

Albuquerque, NM

#22 May 1, 2013
Funny, I was speaking of universal principles. Do you then deny you have an obligation to defend your family, community, and country in times of crisis? Or do you not have a reality of the potential for violence anywhere?
time wrote:
<quoted text>
to join the well-regulated state militia. The British are coming back.

“Each Thought Creates A Reality”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#23 May 1, 2013
Posse Comitatus. From English Common Law.

Location hidden

#24 May 2, 2013
http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news/news/stat...

Now we will be able to predict and prevent violence with a simple call funded by federal monies.

Sheriff Bradshw of Palm Beach:
Bradshaw is readying a hotline and is planning public service announcements to encourage local citizens to report their neighbors, friends or family members if they fear they could harm themselves or others.

The new stigma and erosion of civil liberties for those with a mental illness. And predicting future behaviors? Lots of luck.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#25 May 2, 2013
Willothewisp wrote:
you really are clueless, right?
LOL, was thinking that as well!

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#26 May 2, 2013
Willothewisp wrote:
http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com /news/news/state-regional-govt -politics/bradshaw-gets-1-mill ion-for-violence-prevention-un /nXbs4/
Now we will be able to predict and prevent violence with a simple call funded by federal monies.
Sheriff Bradshw of Palm Beach:
Bradshaw is readying a hotline and is planning public service announcements to encourage local citizens to report their neighbors, friends or family members if they fear they could harm themselves or others.
The new stigma and erosion of civil liberties for those with a mental illness. And predicting future behaviors? Lots of luck.
That should be real productive, and useful </sarcasm>. Yessir, the scumbag attorney's will have a field day with that!
INFIDEL

Grants, NM

#27 May 3, 2013
The hilarious thing about gun control is this...
The right to keep and bear arms is expressly for the purpose of resisting tyranical government. On the day that tyranny does come to The United States that tyrannical government will almost certainly be conservative in nature and it will be the liberals who need the guns for their resistance. So the foolish disarm themselves while the equally foolish conservatives struggle to keep the liberals ready to resist conservative domination. How funny...

If you like guns go out and buy as many as possible. If you don't, then don't.

Albuquerque, NM

#28 May 3, 2013
INFIDEL wrote:
The hilarious thing about gun control is this...
The right to keep and bear arms is expressly for the purpose of resisting tyranical government. On the day that tyranny does come to The United States that tyrannical government will almost certainly be conservative in nature and it will be the liberals who need the guns for their resistance. So the foolish disarm themselves while the equally foolish conservatives struggle to keep the liberals ready to resist conservative domination. How funny...
If you like guns go out and buy as many as possible. If you don't, then don't.
Conservatives (Classic Liberals) don't do tyranny, silly. Our ethics don't allow for it. The belief in limited government, limited taxation, rule of law, makes it impossible to create any form of tyranny, as such a government would be powerless, and not have enough revenue, to do anything other than it's job.

All empires, and all tyrannies, have been Left-wing. And all exist only because of high taxes. It takes a lot of money to get people to oppress others. Empire's are very expensive.

This is all easily verifiable in history. You, sir, need to get an education.
INFIDEL

Grants, NM

#29 May 8, 2013
I understand your point because I am the tupe of true conservative you mantion. But all propagada aside, conservatives (myself included)almost always support authoritarian leadership. As a true conservative whom I supposed to vote for, the republicans who want to control my private life and foist their moralistic BS at every turn or the democrats who want to pick my pocket to feed their parisite welfare state. Gary Johnson did everything a true conservative is supposed to do. He cut taxes, cut spending, reduced regulation and in short was a true conservative. As soon as he set his sights on wasted government spending in the so called drug war the republicans cut his throat. So I stand by my original point... it will be the liberals who need guns to resist oppression in the end yet they fight to disarm themselves.
Battle

Santa Fe, NM

#30 May 8, 2013
of the crazies to see who is more extreme and disconnected from reality. Love it.

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#31 May 8, 2013
Battle wrote:
of the crazies to see who is more extreme and disconnected from reality. Love it.
Isn't that pretty much what every election is anymore<G>? Rarely is it the best, usually the least worst.

Albuquerque, NM

#32 May 8, 2013
INFIDEL wrote:
I understand your point because I am the tupe of true conservative you mantion. But all propagada aside, conservatives (myself included)almost always support authoritarian leadership. As a true conservative whom I supposed to vote for, the republicans who want to control my private life and foist their moralistic BS at every turn or the democrats who want to pick my pocket to feed their parisite welfare state. Gary Johnson did everything a true conservative is supposed to do. He cut taxes, cut spending, reduced regulation and in short was a true conservative. As soon as he set his sights on wasted government spending in the so called drug war the republicans cut his throat. So I stand by my original point... it will be the liberals who need guns to resist oppression in the end yet they fight to disarm themselves.
And that is simply not true. You are not, and cannot be a "conservative" (and again, this really means Classic Liberal) and support any kind of authoritarian government whatsoever. Even the word "leadership" is inappropriate, as government does not lead, it serves. We expect service from our institutions, not leadership, for we the people lead our own lives in a free society.

History also does not support your claim, nor does current events. The current platform of the Democratic National Convention is almost universally in agreement, and the platform, of most secular terrorists organizations. They believe it is morally acceptable to impose their beliefs on others, and have a history of using deadly force for the "greater good" to compel compliance.

The essence of conservative values is that we cannot impose anything on anyone, and that everyone is responsible for their own success and failures in life, and have no right to expect anything from anyone except the very basics of social obligations all societies are due.

It is simple a free society (with cultural morals) v. a controlled or managed society (often based on some unproven ideology). Remove the isms and ideology, and it becomes clearer.
Only

Santa Fe, NM

#33 May 8, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is simply not true. You are not, and cannot be a "conservative" (and again, this really means Classic Liberal) and support any kind of authoritarian government whatsoever. Even the word "leadership" is inappropriate, as government does not lead, it serves. We expect service from our institutions, not leadership, for we the people lead our own lives in a free society.
History also does not support your claim, nor does current events. The current platform of the Democratic National Convention is almost universally in agreement, and the platform, of most secular terrorists organizations. They believe it is morally acceptable to impose their beliefs on others, and have a history of using deadly force for the "greater good" to compel compliance.
The essence of conservative values is that we cannot impose anything on anyone, and that everyone is responsible for their own success and failures in life, and have no right to expect anything from anyone except the very basics of social obligations all societies are due.
It is simple a free society (with cultural morals) v. a controlled or managed society (often based on some unproven ideology). Remove the isms and ideology, and it becomes clearer.
in Yahoo-land. All you have to do accept his random premises and rigidly follow his twisted logic from there.
Gustavo

United States

#34 May 8, 2013
The latest development in the manufacture of guns: Build your own gun with a 3-D printer. Wonder if I can sneak one of these onto an airplane?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/andygreenberg/201...

Location hidden

#35 May 8, 2013
A study shows that gun crimes have plunged (39%) but Americans still think it's up. What is down is up and the corollary. I wonder why that is...?

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/...

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_GUN...

And from the Bureau of Justice Statistics: Fell 39% from 1993 to 2011 (from 18000+ to 11,000+).

I guess thinking about it does keep the elephants away.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

House Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Editorial: Pearce still throwing sand in gears ... Mar '15 unreal 1
News New Mexico House committee advances bill giving... Feb '15 your 2
News Legislators take Martinez to court over veto (Jun '11) Feb '15 Ron Giles 15
News New Jersey Governor Chris Christie stumps for M... Nov '14 XandO 8
News Balance of power in NM House could shift for fi... Nov '14 whack 1
News FBI identifies human remains found on Navajo Na... (Aug '14) Sep '14 RezDine 6
News Homelessness identified as top issue in Farming... (May '14) Jun '14 indian 23
More from around the web

House People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]