Gov. signs bill in Alamo

Gov. signs bill in Alamo

There are 21 comments on the Alamogordo Daily News story from Apr 5, 2011, titled Gov. signs bill in Alamo. In it, Alamogordo Daily News reports that:

Gov. Susana Martinez, right, signs the Criminal History Record Check Updates Bill into law early Tuesday evening at the Otero County Courthouse.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alamogordo Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
liliputian lady

Alamogordo, NM

#1 Apr 6, 2011
Good to see that Rep. Herrell has made the most of her time in Santa Fe! Not bad for a rookie.

“Pro-Constitution , Anti-Obama!”

Since: May 10

Capitan, NM

#2 Apr 6, 2011
Love the law!

“Freedom is never free”

Since: Jan 09

El Paso, Texas

#3 Apr 6, 2011
"The law enforcement bill allows for $1.5 million in federal money to be used to update and maintain an electronic service"

Does it really take a million dollars to "update" and "maintain" an electronic service?

This is one of those $150 for a toilet lid type of expenditures.

But one thing I am starting to fond odd about all these bills is that for someone who was against Richardson using the state jet and said it was a complete waste....Um she is seriously getting around the state signing a lot of bills.

I'd think staying in Santa Fe would save money instead of her prancing around the state getting media time.

It's all about self-promotion.
would it not

Alamogordo, NM

#4 Apr 6, 2011
Would these records not already be entered on www.nmcourts.gov where a staff member could occasionally search for free?
alamo senior

United States

#5 Apr 6, 2011
Hurray for this new governor. She is a breath of fresh air. She's trying to make a difference. A far cry from the previous whiskered nitwit.

“Pro-Constitution , Anti-Obama!”

Since: May 10

Capitan, NM

#6 Apr 6, 2011
Anyone who doesnt support this law really is a crime lovin, hug a thug!
The

Santa Fe, NM

#7 Apr 6, 2011
alamo senior wrote:
Hurray for this new governor. She is a breath of fresh air. She's trying to make a difference. A far cry from the previous whiskered nitwit.
difference being that we become a Texas colony exploited for our natural resources.
Because

Santa Fe, NM

#8 Apr 6, 2011
Chaos Undercover wrote:
Anyone who doesnt support this law really is a crime lovin, hug a thug!
if you ask questions about anything you are not a good citizen.

Grow up, Butters.
Slambo

United States

#9 Apr 6, 2011
would it not wrote:
Would these records not already be entered on www.nmcourts.gov where a staff member could occasionally search for free?

NM Court IT bureau has no idea how to gather data, much less share it effectively. Dream on.

The same goes for any state agency IT bureau. All are manned by hacks, and bad hacks at that.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#10 Apr 6, 2011
justice is just a choice wrote:
"The law enforcement bill allows for $1.5 million in federal money to be used to update and maintain an electronic service"
Does it really take a million dollars to "update" and "maintain" an electronic service?
This is one of those $150 for a toilet lid type of expenditures.
But one thing I am starting to fond odd about all these bills is that for someone who was against Richardson using the state jet and said it was a complete waste....Um she is seriously getting around the state signing a lot of bills.
I'd think staying in Santa Fe would save money instead of her prancing around the state getting media time.
It's all about self-promotion.
And if you watched the news, you would know she has not used the Richardson Jet at all, in fact it has not been used since he left office.

Her normal mode of transportation is a Ford Expedition with a state police driver, and she is savings tons of $$$ compared to your beloved Bill Richardson.

At least this governor stays in the state and does state work. Not like you know who....

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#11 Apr 6, 2011
The wrote:
<quoted text>
difference being that we become a Texas colony exploited for our natural resources.
And you still voted for a governor who was not a native born son, Why do you liberals hate so much?
ABQlib

United States

#12 Apr 6, 2011
"This is a bill that will give the tools to law enforcement," she said. "It will allow them to continue to run criminal history during employment of state agencies to individuals where they are responsible for the care of those individuals.

"It's where they're already required to have background checks and continued to have updated criminal checks throughout their employment.""This is a bill that will give the tools to law enforcement," she said. "It will allow them to continue to run criminal history during employment of state agencies to individuals where they are responsible for the care of those individuals.

"It's where they're already required to have background checks and continued to have updated criminal checks throughout their employment."
My god, this woman is inarticulate. What an embarrassment for our state.
bud

Cloudcroft, NM

#13 Apr 6, 2011
Glad the gov can help Alamo and Oterogetto police can not protect us,they can have a drug deal going down right in front of them nd do nothing,nor can they find a barking dog,maybe that is why drug deler like it in this county and Alamogetto
NewMexican

Ashburn, VA

#14 Apr 6, 2011
Sounds like Gov. Martinez is at least trying to effect positive change. I do wonder why anyone with a felony would be employed by a State agency in the first place, but then it will take time to change the former policies and lack thereof when former Gov. Richarson was in office. The best to Gov. Martinez for her ability to demonstrate her integrity. Without integrity how can anyone be trusted or respected? Finally a Gov. who has self respect and integrity. I salute the good Gov. with all due respect. Keep up the good work Gov. Martinez!
Funny

Alamogordo, NM

#15 Apr 6, 2011
Land Locked Sailor wrote:
<quoted text>
And you still voted for a governor who was not a native born son, Why do you liberals hate so much?
I love seeing posts like this one. It just goes to show the art of critical thinking and logic are as foreign to some as a third nipple. You go LLS...keep rockin' cause you're funny.

“Freedom is never free”

Since: Jan 09

El Paso, Texas

#16 Apr 6, 2011
Land Locked Sailor wrote:
<quoted text>
And if you watched the news, you would know she has not used the Richardson Jet at all, in fact it has not been used since he left office.
Her normal mode of transportation is a Ford Expedition with a state police driver, and she is savings tons of $$$ compared to your beloved Bill Richardson.
At least this governor stays in the state and does state work. Not like you know who....
My post was really in jest.

And I have no love for Richardson so keep that to yourself.
WARRIOR

Washington, DC

#17 Apr 7, 2011
This Governor is sexy!
WARRIOR

Washington, DC

#18 Apr 8, 2011
Be carefull LLS because when they have lost the debate and the facts are proven as such and they have nothing left they will always and I mean always throw out the race card!
not another

Albuquerque, NM

#19 Apr 8, 2011
liliputian lady wrote:
Good to see that Rep. Herrell has made the most of her time in Santa Fe! Not bad for a rookie.
Oh, gee, not another political kiss-up are you?...
liliputian lady

Alamogordo, NM

#20 Apr 8, 2011
As I posted on another thread: I will not get pulled into personal attacks. Is it impossible to admit that somebody MIGHT be doing good in Santa Fe? And if you think all politicians are corrupt, why don't you run, or at least go to meetings to be better informed?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

House Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NM bill outlaws smoking in vehicles with kids (Feb '09) Jun '17 sadeyes982003 362
News Lawyer sues 100 ABQ businesses claiming advocac... Apr '17 coyote505 8
News State Police seize equipment at Key Research (Jul '07) Apr '17 Graddaughter of W... 5
News Torn apart by money - Ruidoso News (Sep '10) Apr '17 Pragmatist 7
News New Mexico airline service threatened if White ... (Mar '17) Mar '17 lambert 1
News New Mexico may ban minors from indoor tanning (Mar '17) Mar '17 lambert 3
News State senator to file bill requiring presidenti... (Jan '17) Feb '17 well 54

House Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

House Mortgages