Coyote killing ban defeated in House

Feb 26, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Deming Headlight

The state House of Representatives on Tuesday defeated a bill to ban the events, such as one last fall in which a gun shop owner collected $50 entry fees and then gave prizes to the team that killed the most coyotes.

Comments (Page 11)

Showing posts 201 - 219 of219
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Each Thought Creates A Reality”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

LOL wrote:
<quoted text>Turn your TV off and learn some real history retard. Those injuns ran thousands off of cliffs and left thousands to rot in the hot sun. That other dumb poster was right on this one. You can not eat 99% of anything you idiot. Any animal killed for consumption will produce only a third meat for eating you dumb ass! No doubt you are a fatty who gets meals from McD's! LMAO!
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/episodes/ameri...

Seems Hunter is correct. But then what does Nature on PBS know. Pelts, train hunts and all.
Prove

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

HUNTER wrote:
<quoted text>Prove me wrong.
you wrong? Are we back to that? That was a lot of posts ago.

Bio 101, NMDGF website, any research on the coyote society?
That

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

HUNTER wrote:
<quoted text>

Really what do I care. All I care about is one shot one kill especially with the price of ammo now days..
is you in a nutshell. You claim you are doing good and are being encouraged by lawful authorities, but you are lying.
Criminal

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

HUNTER wrote:
<quoted text>

Yes..
poaching admitted.

“Reconquista Ahora!”

Since: Apr 13

Tijuana MX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

From Wikipedia,

The stampeding of bison was necessary for Plains Indians pre-horse as they couldn't, obviously, keep up with a galloping bison.

"Later when Plains Indians obtained horses, it was found that a good horseman could easily lance or shoot enough bison with his bow and arrow, to keep his tribe and family fed, as long as a herd was nearby. The bison provided meat, leather, sinew for bows, grease, dried dung for fires, and even the hooves could be boiled for glue."

Seems the "buffalo runs" were stopped after the introduction of the horse, as hunting buffalo became steeped in honor and respect. The consumption and utilization of bison remained unchanged from pre-horse to post-horse.

Again, "hunter", how much of what you kill do you utilize?

“Reconquista Ahora!”

Tijuana MX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

"Hunter", from your own link re: Native hunting & utilization of buffalo. Do you do same?

"But flesh and skin weren’t the only prizes: tribes learned to use virtually every part of the animal, from horns to tail hairs."

“Reconquista Ahora!”

Tijuana MX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

HUNTER wrote:
<quoted text>No excuses, no deflection. I hunt and I kill! You have somebody do your dirty work for you. You could not survive without those who kill like me..
Unbelievable!!! How does your killing of an animal that is simply going about it's natural business of surviving have any effect on my survival.
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

That wrote:
<quoted text>
is you in a nutshell. You claim you are doing good and are being encouraged by lawful authorities, but you are lying.
Prove me wrong. The Game Wardens in my area all carry rifles and shoot coyotes on the spot. I do the same. Call the Roswell District Office and ask them about it if you don't like it. The next two I kill will be dedicated to you..
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

General Zapata wrote:
From Wikipedia,
The stampeding of bison was necessary for Plains Indians pre-horse as they couldn't, obviously, keep up with a galloping bison.
"Later when Plains Indians obtained horses, it was found that a good horseman could easily lance or shoot enough bison with his bow and arrow, to keep his tribe and family fed, as long as a herd was nearby. The bison provided meat, leather, sinew for bows, grease, dried dung for fires, and even the hooves could be boiled for glue."
Seems the "buffalo runs" were stopped after the introduction of the horse, as hunting buffalo became steeped in honor and respect. The consumption and utilization of bison remained unchanged from pre-horse to post-horse.
Again, "hunter", how much of what you kill do you utilize?
Come with me and find out..
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

General Zapata wrote:
"Hunter", from your own link re: Native hunting & utilization of buffalo. Do you do same?
"But flesh and skin weren’t the only prizes: tribes learned to use virtually every part of the animal, from horns to tail hairs."
Looks like you can read. We have been doing the same all my life. It's my heritage..
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

General Zapata wrote:
<quoted text>
Unbelievable!!! How does your killing of an animal that is simply going about it's natural business of surviving have any effect on my survival.
I guess you kill your owns meat for consumption. I guess you kill the rodents (by either hunting them or with pesticide) that eat your fruit and vegetable crops. You see for everything you eat some animal or insect has to die.
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

I took 2 more coyotes and a bobcat this morning. I couldn't believe that cat came running in the way he did when I hit my rabbit call. He must have been hungry.
Interesting

Cloudcroft, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

HUNTER wrote:
I took 2 more coyotes and a bobcat this morning. I couldn't believe that cat came running in the way he did when I hit my rabbit call. He must have been hungry.
Seeing as how bobcat is not in season right now I wonder how G&F will like this?
TRAPPER

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

I ushally only shoot em in the winter but now that the pups are about 7 weeks old it will be easy to call em in just for the fun of it
didja

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

TRAPPER wrote:
I ushally only shoot em in the winter but now that the pups are about 7 weeks old it will be easy to call em in just for the fun of it
get a boner, you sick pig?
TRAPPER

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

I'm still not shooting them till winter just calling and watching them they will be worth about $50 in the fall
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
Seeing as how bobcat is not in season right now I wonder how G&F will like this?
Bobcat comes in season in November unless you have a special permit. Keep wondering how NMDGF would like it.
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

TRAPPER wrote:
I like to get the pups also. There are so many that need thinned out. I doubt we will ever get rid of all of them. I am trying out a new Sig Sauer 556 in .223 caliber. Pretty sweet so far.
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Well I'm off to the ranch today, wish me luck!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 201 - 219 of219
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent House Discussions

Search the House Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Homelessness identified as top issue in Farming... Jun 26 indian 23
Video: Morning News June 12, 2014 Jun 25 too 1
Pecos Basin water studies continue Jun 22 Carlsbad Resident 1
Century-old eastern NM post office closes (Jun '09) May '14 Neil 3
NM Republican Martinez claims NM governor's seat (Nov '10) May '14 kyle richards 232
Sound Off: May 6 May '14 BLOODONHISHANDS 1
Terry Sweet (Aug '06) Apr '14 Rudy C 10
•••
•••
•••
House Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

House Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000