Teague's energy vote at issue in 2nd ...

Teague's energy vote at issue in 2nd District (8:08 a.m.)

There are 5 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Oct 26, 2010, titled Teague's energy vote at issue in 2nd District (8:08 a.m.). In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

The southeastern New Mexico oilpatch is the setting for Harry Teague's rags-to-riches biography.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

BLOOD ON HIS HANDS

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Oct 26, 2010
Whats the issue - Fatigue believes in Crap and Trade -
he has already said so and will vote that way when it
comes down to it.

Crap and Trade (Cap and Trade in Progressive Dumb as
Crap lingo) will raise your home energy prices by as
much as 2 times, will increase the price of gasoline
substatially, places specific limitations on households
in energy consumption and will in the end be the difference
between being able to be comfortable in your home - which
by the way will be monitored by a single entity to ensure
that your not using more than your fair share.

This is the next part of the Global Warming Scam being
foisted on us by Pelousy and company and will lead to
increased energy prices, loss of good paying JOBS, and
another chip away at your personal freedoms all based on
junk science.

Maobama and company tell us that Green Jobs will replace
those jobs lost - that is what they told us about the
Stiumulus Bill keeping unemployment down to 8 percent
then it exploded byond 10% and the real number is closer
to 20%..

FATIGUE has it all messed up - NO VOTE FOR FATIGUE!
L Nelson

Huntington Beach, CA

#2 Oct 27, 2010
Teague should be concidered a hero for sticking up for the health of our children before the health of oil industry profits. Oil companies have enough money, we pay them dearly at the gas pump every day. The amount of profit lost to help save our planet and environment is like a penny to them out of a hundred dollar bill. Cap and trade is about stopping pollution, same idea as unleaded gasoline. It works to curb pollution! It is a good thing! The oil companies are spending big ad money to stop it so they can save a few pennies, not to save jobs that they will give to someone in India whenever possible. Greedy folks that they are. We need heroes like Teague to protect our great land and environment from those that just want to rape it for profit.
IWannaNewPotus

Las Cruces, NM

#3 Nov 2, 2010
Teague is just one of Obama's "Progressive Puppets". If they pass Cap & Trade, the cost of everything energy related will go up from utilities to manufacturing. These costs will be passed on to us, the consumer. Additionally, manufacturers will outsource even MORE jobs than they already have in pusuit of less regulation and lower production costs.

While I'm not real excited about Pearce, I voted for him because I strongly oppose cap & trade just as he does. I also voted for Pearce because Teague voted in favor of the health care up until the final draft. The only reason Teague voted against the final passage was the Dems didn't need his vote for it to pass. The Dems were more concerned about his ability to keep his seat in the mid-term election.

I voted two weeks ago and it was NOT a straight ticket, but I did NOT vote for Teague.

Energy companies are already working on transitioning their business models into something more "environmentally friendly", because they know that the public is demanding it. Companies have to adapt and diversify. One example is R.J. Reynolds (Tobacco) who bought Kraft/Nabisco when they realized that the tobacco industry was in deep trouble over their marketing practices.

Boone Pickens (A VERY wealthy Oil Man) is another example of a vision for the future. Google "the pickens plan".

Some people consider Cap & Trade as a mechanism to penalize those "Big, Bad, Polluting Corporations" without realizing that WE, the CONSUMERS pay for it in the end. Those costs WILL be passed down....

“Just the Facts, Ma'am”

Since: Aug 09

Las Cruces, NM

#4 Nov 2, 2010
IWannaNewPotus wrote:
... Boone Pickens (A VERY wealthy Oil Man) is another example of a vision for the future. Google "the pickens plan"....
While I agree with you regarding Pearce and Teague, T. Boone Pickens only supports wind power because he knows that it has to be backed-up by quick-starting, low-efficiency open cycle gas turbines. As a natural gas supplier, he (like everyone else in the NG business) needs more demand for his product in order for the price to go up. All the better if the government can mandate uses of natural gas, such as for over-the-road trucks and electrical power generation.

Remember a few years ago, when NG supplies were tight and prices were high? electricity prices also were high, because there are so many power plants that use NG, whether for conventional steam plants, open cyle gas turbines, or combined cycle gas turbines.
xot143

Rio Linda, CA

#5 May 19, 2011
BLOOD ON HIS HANDS wrote:
Whats the issue - Fatigue believes in Crap and Trade -
he has already said so and will vote that way when it
comes down to it.
Crap and Trade (Cap and Trade in Progressive Dumb as
Crap lingo) will raise your home energy prices by as
much as 2 times, will increase the price of gasoline
substatially, places specific limitations on households
in energy consumption and will in the end be the difference
between being able to be comfortable in your home - which
by the way will be monitored by a single entity to ensure
that your not using more than your fair share.
This is the next part of the Global Warming Scam being
foisted on us by Pelousy and company and will lead to
increased energy prices, loss of good paying JOBS, and
another chip away at your personal freedoms all based on
junk science.
Maobama and company tell us that Green Jobs will replace
those jobs lost - that is what they told us about the
Stiumulus Bill keeping unemployment down to 8 percent
then it exploded byond 10% and the real number is closer
to 20%..
FATIGUE has it all messed up - NO VOTE FOR FATIGUE!
and all this stuff happened anyway and Teague is gone!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

House Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Column: Opponents of solar tax credit didn't do... Jun '15 Solarman 1
News Editorial: Pearce still throwing sand in gears ... Mar '15 unreal 1
News New Mexico House committee advances bill giving... Feb '15 your 2
News Legislators take Martinez to court over veto (Jun '11) Feb '15 Ron Giles 15
News New Jersey Governor Chris Christie stumps for M... (Oct '14) Nov '14 XandO 8
News Balance of power in NM House could shift for fi... (Nov '14) Nov '14 whack 1
News FBI identifies human remains found on Navajo Na... (Aug '14) Sep '14 RezDine 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

House Mortgages