Obama to award Medal of Honor to NM s...

Obama to award Medal of Honor to NM soldier

There are 12 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Jun 1, 2011, titled Obama to award Medal of Honor to NM soldier. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

President Barack Obama will award the Medal of Honor to an Army sergeant from New Mexico for courage on the battlefield in Afghanistan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

roughrider

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Jun 1, 2011
a living Medal of Honor recipient from New Mexico and the story is hidden deep in the paper with no photo? WTF?? This is huge!!!
your kidding right

Las Cruces, NM

#2 Jun 1, 2011
I agree with you roughrider, geeze a homeboy and they bury it inside? Shame on you, Sun-Snooze
la mosca

United States

#3 Jun 1, 2011
Oh but they will publish the photos of the low lifes that murdered Adam Espinoza.
You Know

Las Cruces, NM

#4 Jun 1, 2011
I had to find this out by going to yahoo. Come on Sun News!!!!!!
AF Wife

Las Cruces, NM

#5 Jun 1, 2011
I would like to know exactly what he did to earn the Medal of Honor. I think that is an important part of the story!
Joe

Birmingham, MI

#6 Jun 1, 2011
AF Wife wrote:
I would like to know exactly what he did to earn the Medal of Honor. I think that is an important part of the story!
Why must you know?
roughrider

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Jun 1, 2011
I would like to know too. This is fascinating stuff!! A New Mexican is recognized for something that is legendary. Huge!! Look around the country.......CMH winners have roads, buildings etc....named after them. I don't know if people realize how huge this is.

“Your DQCC Limit is Maxed!”

Since: Sep 08

In Utero (originally)

#8 Jun 1, 2011
Gosh darn LCSN, if you were going to run a story I would think that you'd use a bit more discernment as to whose to run. Just because it says AP on it doesn't mean it is worthy of print.

A little more meat to the story and the legacy of this young man being honored would have been nice.

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2011/05/ap-lero...
Joe

Birmingham, MI

#9 Jun 1, 2011
Read the article that Sarcastic Bombastic posted. What an amazing soldier and human being!
Hero

Albuquerque, NM

#10 Jun 1, 2011
This is an awesome story.

“Your DQCC Limit is Maxed!”

Since: Sep 08

In Utero (originally)

#11 Jun 1, 2011
At least NBC Nightly News had better recognition of Sgt. 1st Class Leroy Arthur Petry. I'm glad the national news media sees the importance of this honor.

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/army-r...
Annoyed

Albuquerque, NM

#12 Jun 1, 2011
AF Wife wrote:
He saved his fellow soldiers and had his hand blown off by a grenade that the enemy thrown at them. He grabbed it and when he went to throw it back it exploded. He had already been shot and still carried on the fight to protect his soldiers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

House Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bill ending social promotion stalls in New Mexi... Mar '16 Caroline 27
News New Mexico bail bond amendment passes House Jud... Feb '16 Corky 7
News Homelessness identified as top issue in Farming... (May '14) Jan '16 Go figr 29
News handicapped space (Nov '15) Nov '15 Victor 2
News New Mexico Dems eye changes after historic loss... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Joseph 2
News Column: Opponents of solar tax credit didn't do... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Solarman 1
News Editorial: Pearce still throwing sand in gears ... (Mar '15) Mar '15 unreal 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

House Mortgages