Sound Off! (April 5)

Sound Off! (April 5)

There are 146 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Apr 5, 2011, titled Sound Off! (April 5). In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

Come on you Democrats. Fair play, you screamed and cried when they said Obama was not doing anything the first three months of his reign.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Sam

Las Cruces, NM

#1 Apr 5, 2011
When will America demand tax increases for the rich? The divide between rich and poor keeps getting bigger. The rich are doing everything they can to make more and scare the rest of us about tax increases. We are paying the price when they are increasing their greed.
Spell It Out for Me

Las Vegas, NM

#2 Apr 5, 2011
"...Fair play, you screamed and cried when they said Obama was not doing anything the first three months of his reign."

Actually, the President was VERY busy during the first three months of his term. On top of that, the term "reign" is applied to monarchs, not presidents.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_... (2009)
Spell It Out for Me

Las Vegas, NM

#3 Apr 5, 2011
"Ex-LA gang leader gets eight life sentences. Why was that not on the front page instead of a gangsters funeral? Let them see what it is like to be in a gang and what happens."

Sometimes, funerals happen.
LC Today

Brighton, MI

#4 Apr 5, 2011
"Democrats have made concessions on the Republican budget cuts, but the Republican and Tea Party would rather shut down government instead of compromise."

That is not possible since the Democrats do not have the word "compromise" in their dictionary. They don't know what it means.
Spell It Out for Me

Las Vegas, NM

#5 Apr 5, 2011
"I was driving down Melendrez Street on Wednesday and saw all the great recycle bins lined up. My daughter lives on that street, and I am in the county. When are we going to get them in the county? We need them."

Get what? Daughters?
LC Today

Brighton, MI

#6 Apr 5, 2011
Spell It Out for Me wrote:
"...Fair play, you screamed and cried when they said Obama was not doing anything the first three months of his reign."
Actually, the President was VERY busy during the first three months of his term. On top of that, the term "reign" is applied to monarchs, not presidents.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_... (2009)
You got that right. Reign is exactly what he's been doing for almost 4 years now. He believes all that garbage that the Democratic Congress has been feeding him about how important he is. We've changed one part of Congress in 2010, and we intend to change the other part come next year.
Spell It Out for Me

Las Vegas, NM

#7 Apr 5, 2011
"I am dumbfounded at how people are so complacent about this president in the White House. It seems he is figuring out this war in Libya as he goes along."

War's like that, dumbfounded. There is no book on how to wage war on Libya. The Administration needs to plan their next move, based on how the Libyans react. Think about it a little harder and it will make sense to you, too.
Spell It Out for Me

Las Vegas, NM

#8 Apr 5, 2011
LC Today wrote:
<quoted text>
You got that right. Reign is exactly what he's been doing for almost 4 years now. He believes all that garbage that the Democratic Congress has been feeding him about how important he is. We've changed one part of Congress in 2010, and we intend to change the other part come next year.
It's great to have goals -- no matter how unrealistic. LOL.
Spell It Out for Me

Las Vegas, NM

#9 Apr 5, 2011
"Somebody answered the phone at the White House at 3 a.m., but it was not Obama. He was in Brazil. Busy with another act of stupidity."

1. What did your mom tell you about making crank phone calls late at night?

2. Unlike you, the President was asleep at 3am. That is normal human behavior. Perhaps medication could help in your case.
everyman

Albuquerque, NM

#10 Apr 5, 2011
First the red light cameras and now the recycle bins. Most of the money going to Arizona. Whats up with that.
What

Las Cruces, NM

#11 Apr 5, 2011
everyman wrote:
First the red light cameras and now the recycle bins. Most of the money going to Arizona. Whats up with that.
Didn't the mayor promise not to do business with Arizona because of that racist immigration law?

Since: Sep 08

Albuquerque, NM

#12 Apr 5, 2011
"So I don't know where people get the idea that gas will be cheaper if we drill here." They get their misinformation from right-wing propaganda houses financed by carbon based industries. THe propaganda talking points are then disseminated to right-wing hate radio, propaganda web-sites blogs, and FuxNews.

Simple propaganda 101. And the fact that people believe it is proof positive it works.

The Koch brothers alone have given "$85 million to 85 think tanks. Identification of at least $85 million the Koch brothers have given to at least 85 right-wing think tanks and advocacy groups over the past decade and a half." http://thinkprogress.org/2011/04/04/charles-k...
OrvilleWyatt

Santa Fe, NM

#13 Apr 5, 2011
Caller:
"You did it again with your blue recycle bins. It looks like an alien laid blue eggs all over town"

You're thinking of whale eggs. Everyone knows aliens lay purple eggs with shiny chrome spirals.

Caller:
"The original Tea Party was against taxation without representation. The current Tea Party has not figured out the middle class are taxed without representation. The rich are not taxed but have all the representation"

Let's not forget that the current Tea Party was a group of disgruntled Rs who stole the idea from an innovative fundraiser for Ron Paul on Dec. 16th, 2007.

There are plenty of D ignorami who would have you beleive that it was a covert operation by the Kochs, Haliburton, and Satan. Simultaneously they will tell you these people are too stupid to live without a swarm of butlers, chauffers, and accountants, but somehow they can coordinate massive countrywide protests without anyone knowing what they were up too. You have to suspend reality to beleive such incompetant and irresponsible jibberings.

The Tea Party started out Noble, but was stolen by Palinista trash.

A movement to end the Fed AND end the wars AND end prohibition AND end crop subsidies AND end welfare for noncitizens would have succeeded, instead we got a r*tarded set of rebuplican rallies complete with their jewish zombie gawd and talentless country music 'stars'.

Way to trade what you've always said you wanted for the equivelent of a political super bowl ad, Rs.
OrvilleWyatt

Santa Fe, NM

#14 Apr 5, 2011
PlacitasRoy wrote:
" The Koch brothers alone have given "$85 million to 85 think tanks. Identification of at least $85 million the Koch brothers have given to at least 85 right-wing think tanks and advocacy groups over the past decade and a half."
Case in point.

Good morning, bigot! What sort of ingenious plans has your aristocracy got for the products of MY life today? How's the Libyan-war orphan tally goin'?

I heard the first drone pilot or CIA spook to 100 kills gets a free Prius ...

Someone dug up my f'ing awesome irises in mid bloom last night. It was the Kochs. No other plausible explination.

Since: Sep 08

Albuquerque, NM

#15 Apr 5, 2011
To demonstrate how effective these right-wing propaganda houses are, you need to look no further than this morning propaganda piece in this newspaper. Chocked full of half truths, distortions and a couple of outright lies thrown in. And now it has a semblance of respectability having been published by a 'mainstream''legitimate' newspaper.

Their View: Energy policy: Actions speak louder than words
http://www.lcsun-news.com/las_cruces-opinion/...

This piece of propaganda was spewed forth by the sweet and benign sounding "The Citizens' Alliance for Responsible Energy"

From SourchWatch: "The Citizens' Alliance for Responsible Energy is a fossil fuel advocacy organization. The group opposes environmental activism and the pursuit of "green," or sustainable energy development, saying the pursuit of solar and wind power "will end the America we know and love." The group refers to sustainable energy advocates as "Gang Green." .....

The group was founded by Mark E. Mathis, its executive director, a former TV anchor, a radio talk show host and a consultant to the Independent Petroleum Association of New Mexico. A disclosure statement with an opinion column stated that "Citizens' Alliance for Responsible Energy is funded by more than 250 members including New Mexico oil and gas producers."

Full story SourchWatch: http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php...
Spare Us Your Ignorance

Anonymous Proxy

#16 Apr 5, 2011
Spell It Out for Me (IggyKat),

Please spare us your ignorance. Your like a spotted owl, easily identifiable. Your words that only you think are clever or witty are a dead give away. You're officially worse than Placitas Roy these days.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
OrvilleWyatt

Santa Fe, NM

#17 Apr 5, 2011
Sam wrote:
When will America demand tax increases for the rich? The divide between rich and poor keeps getting bigger. The rich are doing everything they can to make more and scare the rest of us about tax increases. We are paying the price when they are increasing their greed.
The only way to really screw the rich you hate so much is to disassemble the juggernaut they use to monopolize force and fraud.

Willing to do that?

Than keep it to yourself, Big Brother always leads to income disparity.

It's YOU who chooses the Iron Fist over the Invisible Hand.
Spank the Ignorant

Las Cruces, NM

#18 Apr 5, 2011
Spare Us Your Ignorance wrote:
Spell It Out for Me (IggyKat),
Please spare us your ignorance. Your like a spotted owl, easily identifiable. Your words that only you think are clever or witty are a dead give away. You're officially worse than Placitas Roy these days.
Or, is it "you're" ignorance? Doesn't really matter, when "you're" ignorant, does it?
Quitchercryin

Sachse, TX

#19 Apr 5, 2011
"With all the electric blackouts and power outages, our electric bill was more this time than it has ever been before. So I don't know if they got a raise or they just raised the rates, because all that time off and I still got a bigger bill."
Did you stop to think about how much more energy you were using during the last billing cycle that the blackouts happened? Blackouts or not, we were in below freezing weather and you probably had your heater on all night and day. A silly blackout of 15min to a couple hours isn't going to suddenly cut your monthly electric bill...

“Heroes aren't born”

Since: Apr 08

They are made!

#20 Apr 5, 2011
One of my family members works for a big oil company here in New Mexico. He is staunchly Republican and when I asked him about creating new energy sources outside of oil, he simply said it was just too costly. The summary of the conversation was basically that big oil doesn't care to try to use any other source of energy or develop any new technologies that may be safer for the environment or make us more dependent on ourselves. When it was mandated that they begin taking a portion of the money that comes in to researching alternative methods, he said, they passed the cost onto the consumer and that we should all just be angry with Obama for mandating this. It was really disturbing to see someone so high up in the industry so indignant to change.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

House Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News State senator to file bill requiring presidenti... Sun I wonder 52
News Travelers series continues: Magoffin sculpture ... (Jul '09) Dec '16 El Chico 7
News Little only Las Cruces-area Republican to win Nov '16 Bloodonhishands 2
News Governor, House GOP slams Senate budget plan, p... Oct '16 Suzanna 14
News handicapped space (Nov '15) Oct '16 Suzanna 45
News WNMU Mariachi Ensemble Wins Awards, Readies For... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Chano 3
News Bill ending social promotion stalls in New Mexi... (Feb '16) Mar '16 Caroline 27

House Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

House Mortgages