Estevez to seek district attorney job...

Estevez to seek district attorney job in 2012

There are 23 comments on the Silver City Sun-News story from Feb 18, 2011, titled Estevez to seek district attorney job in 2012. In it, Silver City Sun-News reports that:

Deputy District Attorney Francesca Estevez announced this week that she will be running for the office of Sixth Judicial district attorney in the 2012 election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Silver City Sun-News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
just saying

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Feb 18, 2011
We want George.
Please

Silver City, NM

#3 Feb 18, 2011
just saying wrote:
We want George.
We want anyone that is at least going to try to do their job instead of sitting back and having the officers do their entire job! As a DA or ADA you at least to know how to argue a case or at least know what its like to be in court. Please, someone that takes this position needs to be able to make a simple decision! No one with the exception of Franchesca or George makes decisions when it comes to handling cases. The current DA's office has become to complacent and to lazy and that for the most part is why so many cases are plead....the other reason is that they don't know what they are doing!
If you don't believe me ask any officer or any person that has dealt with our DA's office. WHAT A JOKE!
JACKIE

United States

#4 Feb 18, 2011
I like her.
FeralFlower

Santa Fe, NM

#5 Feb 18, 2011
Hang em high, Francesca!
FeralFlower

Santa Fe, NM

#6 Feb 18, 2011
just saying wrote:
We want George.
Zsoka who?
just saying

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Feb 18, 2011
Fran lets too many of her people off.
Al Reine

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Feb 19, 2011
"Newell reiterated Thursday that she doesn't intend to run in 2012."

Well that's good news. Ms. Catch-And-Release wasn't worth a damn as DA. But the bad news is someone who worked under her and followed her guidelines is running for the job. We need someone from OUTSIDE that incompetent office to run. We need to know more about this woman's political leanings. If she's a far left liberal and criminal advocate like Newell was, then it will be the same old shit with a different name on it.
ronc

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Feb 20, 2011
silver is never going to change same ole corrupted town i know
Just Saying

Fremont, CA

#13 Feb 20, 2011
yes someone who will do the job.
JAMES K

Albuquerque, NM

#14 Feb 21, 2011
GOOD LUCK, SHE HAS THE BALLS TO DO THE JOB WELL!!!
just saying

Albuquerque, NM

#15 Feb 21, 2011
I don't really care what anyone does in the privacy of their own home. In Silver gays are "in your face with their sexuality. Is this everywhere? Why?
birds eye view

United States

#16 Feb 21, 2011
by the way she is not gay but has the guts to try the hard cases and get a conviction where it counts. strong women are not always gay. why do so many people only have negative nasty comments. talk about the reality. she has worked under three da's and she works hard and gets convictions and is fair.
faith martinez

United States

#19 Feb 22, 2011
Shame on you who hides behind the phrase"Ols Man". I would hope an old man would have wisdom to knoiw that all human beings should be judged by the content of their character and the deeds that they do for and with other people, not the color of their eyes, skins, langauage etc. I suppaort Francesca Estevez because she lives her beliefs, she is tough on domestic violence abusers and child abusers, who need to be punished for their deeds, she is also fair . SHe saved my daughter's LIFE!!! and now her abuser is in prison adn she is safe with her daughter and life is good. Thank you Francesca!
birds eye view

United States

#20 Feb 22, 2011
The last writer needs a typing class, but I agree with the tone of the message, this venue should be to discuss the pro's and con's based on her track record, which I hear is excellant. I asked a deputy sheeriff if she "lets to many off" and he told me ( he has been in law enforcedmentr for 18 years and has worked with her all those years) that she will get a conviction for a lesser charge only when the investigataor does not have the evidence FOR THE PROSECUTOR TO FIND THE GUY GUITY BEYOND A REASONABlE DOUBT OR IF A WITNESS IS UNCOOPERATIVE. He said to most others just dismiss willy nilly. I don't know...time will tell BUT PLEASE let's be civil for Gods' sake.
t
The way I see it she is the only experienced candidate that is not afarid to go forward or like antoher writer said in a more vulgar vein "she hasthe ba--s" to fight,.
WTH

Silver City, NM

#22 Feb 22, 2011
Francesca wil make a great District Attorney! I think those of you who discount her just because she is hispanic should go to court and watch her some time, she is tough, and she doesn't just dismiss a charge or make a plea because it's easier. She only does it when she has to. I am white, and I agree that Grant County is not an easy place for white people to live, due to the prejudices of the hispanic people, I definitely support Francesca, though, Hispanic or not. Go get em girl!!!
Word of truth

Silver City, NM

#23 Feb 22, 2011
Al Reine wrote:
<quoted text>
"she will get a conviction for a lesser charge only when the investigataor does not have the evidence FOR THE PROSECUTOR TO FIND THE GUY GUITY BEYOND A REASONABlE DOUBT OR IF A WITNESS IS UNCOOPERATIVE.
Hang on a second. These are the same tired old excuses that Newell used when asked about her "catch-and-release" system. She also said it upsets the ACLU when they have "sweeps" for gang bangers. Boo f-ing hoo...I could care less that the ACLU gets upset.
I would like to know the NAME of the Deputy that supports this candidate. While it may be "distasteful" and "uncivil" to some to bring "special considerations for nationality" into the discussion, they most certainly exist. Is the Deputy also hispanic? If so, we can discount his opinuons rather quickly. The FACT is the hispanics in this area want to control EVERY aspect of the area. The more they can get their people in power, the more they have a foot in the door when they commit a crime or need a "leg up". Let's not gloss over this fact. Let's take a serious look at it. We need someone NEUTRAL in the position of DA, not someone in a particular ethnic group's pocket. This was the same strategy that was used when Maurine Laney was running for judge. Fortunately, she won.
What we REALLY need is an expereinced candidate from OUT OF GRANT COUNTY that ISN'T hispanic and isn't swayed by local ties and alliances. That is probably hoping for way too much, so I guess I will agree with those who posted above that nothing is gonna change in Grant County. What is it The Who sang? "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss". Yep.
Al Reine, what a racist pig you are! Race has nothing to do with this or any other political campaign, its people like you that hide behind a moniker so that you won't give your real name because you are probably a hispanic who never did anything with your life or never amounted to anything so you hate other hispanics who have made something out of their lives. What a low life piece of worthless crap you must be and how you must hate your pathetic life...
Franchesca has made a difference and is one of the very few in that office that have. The others that did make a difference jumped ship a long time ago because of the current administration. Franchesca needs to get a whole new staff when she is elected and then she will do just fine!!
just saying

Albuquerque, NM

#24 Feb 22, 2011
Al there are no Hispanics in Silver. They're all Mexicans. Latinos. Again, Hispanics-white. Latinos-brown. Get it?
gonna tell you

Silver City, NM

#27 Feb 23, 2011
hey al.. i kno exactly who franchesca is and if other people on here are posting about her obviously they do to.. you just obviously dont pay attention.. she is a really great woman and works to get the scum that hurts children and others get what they deserve.. her race has nothing to do with anything so it really dont need to be brought up.. as long as she gets the child abusers and druggies put away she deserves the job and a fair chance.. so instead of being an obnoxious jerk give her a chance..
Raminaar Dixon Wuumen

Silver City, NM

#28 Feb 23, 2011
Good! Maybe now if people are arrested for the murders in Grant County, the suspects will actually be prosecuted and just maybe decent terms in prison will be awarded say like: 30 years to life(without parole)----and or the death penalty(quite speedily executed like our neighbor to the east---Texas,once it has been reinstated) like other God-fearing states of the Union! That would definitely put fat-ass Mary Lynne Newell to shame! I say Mary should flee to Brentwood, Tennessee, like Bully, tail between her legs, and resign(for she is trully undesired and unwanted) or maybe like Ben Ali, Hosni Mubarak, and Qadhafi, and flee into exile!:))))
Clear

Rio Rancho, NM

#32 Mar 1, 2011
Explain please?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

House Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bill would require post-high school plan Jan '18 yuk - yuk - yuk 14
Terry Sweet (Aug '06) Oct '17 Donna Merritt 11
News NM bill outlaws smoking in vehicles with kids (Feb '09) Jun '17 sadeyes982003 362
News Lawyer sues 100 ABQ businesses claiming advocac... (Apr '17) Apr '17 coyote505 8
News State Police seize equipment at Key Research (Jul '07) Apr '17 Graddaughter of W... 5
News Torn apart by money - Ruidoso News (Sep '10) Apr '17 Pragmatist 7
News New Mexico airline service threatened if White ... (Mar '17) Mar '17 lambert 1

House Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

House Mortgages