Louisiana deputies: Woman, 2 daughters stabbed to death

Full story: The Daily Advertiser

<![CDATA[LOCKPORT, La. (AP) -- Authorities say a woman and her two daughters were stabbed in their apartment, which was then set ablaze. A Lafourche (luh-FOOSH) Parish sheriff's office spokesman says investigators have not arrested anyone in the deaths early Sunday of 29-year-old Jacqueline Gautreaux Nieves (NYEV-ehs), 20-month-old Isabella Nieves or 6-year-old Gabriella Nieves. Deputy Brennan Matherne (muh-THERN) says Nieves' husband is being questioned as a person of interest. He says investigators believe the fire was set, possibly to cover up the stabbings. Investigators don't know if more than one attacker was involved. He says the coroner has sent the bodies to Jefferson Parish for full autopsies Monday. Those will tell whether the three died before the fire. Matherne says Lockport police tell him this is the first homicide there in about 40 years.
Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Nov 6, 2012
larry w hearn

New Orleans, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

there was a coment that the last murder in lockport was 40 years ago.....do you know how i could find out yhe name of that victim?
Karen Peters

Cut Off, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Call the Lockport Police Dept. It seems like it should be public information and they would be able to tell you. I've been told that the murder that Warren Vedros (Chief of Police) referenced was at the old Ideal barroom. I hope this helps.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Houma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 20 min Not Landrieu 2,960
Debate: Marijuana - Houma, LA (Aug '10) Jul 31 kyle lopez 85
Desktop and portable computers - with and witho... Jul 29 aceofspades 1
Trail rides carve out new territory in St. Land... Jul '14 whoooaa now 1
Sen. Landrieu adds money to upgade FEMA flood m... Jun '14 22 Ski Doo 1
Billards May '14 lawlsaur 1
Large Louisiana men claim restaurant banned the... (Jan '08) May '14 Barry white 78

Search the Houma Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Houma Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Houma People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Houma News, Events & Info