Villager Deborah Cole files to run fo...

Villager Deborah Cole files to run for county coroner

There are 13 comments on the Hot Springs Village Voice story from Jul 11, 2006, titled Villager Deborah Cole files to run for county coroner. In it, Hot Springs Village Voice reports that:

Deborah Cole of Hot Springs Village has declared her candidacy to replace Garland County coroner Gene Shelby, a physician who is leaving the job to run for state representative.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hot Springs Village Voice.

parent and citizen

Hot Springs National Park, AR

#1 Sep 18, 2006
I am curious how a woman convicted of child endangerment and contributing to the delinquency of a minor who was witnessed giving alcohol to minors at her home a couple of years ago, could be allowed to run for government office
Concerned

United States

#2 Dec 16, 2008
Maybe your daughter was the problem and everyone in the Village knows the truth about it...thats how that woman ran for office...the truth
family member

Laredo, TX

#3 Feb 20, 2009
f*** you guys! she is a great mother! and her daughter has nothing to do with this! shea and deborah are the most loving people i have ever met. they have lived at our house for about 3 months now. we love them to death! f*** both of you and whoever agrees with these b*t**es!
lynda

#4 Mar 28, 2009
I do not think so!!!!!!!!!!
This so called person wants to run for office, NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!
Being the most loving or not, This woman might or might not be honest about her personal background.
I am a tax paying person... I would demand a lie dector test and a drug test for this person before I would even let her run for office.
Our childrem are a reflection of us [ being the parents of tomorrow's adults] wouldn't you the TAX payers want our City Officers be honest about things. So let us the tax payers demand a lie dector test and a drug test for our city officals!!!!!!!!!
advocate

Batesville, AR

#5 Nov 4, 2010
lynda wrote:
I do not think so!!!!!!!!!!
This so called person wants to run for office, NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!
Being the most loving or not, This woman might or might not be honest about her personal background.
I am a tax paying person... I would demand a lie dector test and a drug test for this person before I would even let her run for office.
Our childrem are a reflection of us [ being the parents of tomorrow's adults] wouldn't you the TAX payers want our City Officers be honest about things. So let us the tax payers demand a lie dector test and a drug test for our city officals!!!!!!!!!
This is so far fetched. whomever you are living in another county passing judgment without the facts. If she is so honest ask her to take a lie detector test....knowing her and her family and all the chidren she mentored she would pass.(both) What have you done lately for your community
advocate

Batesville, AR

#6 Nov 4, 2010
It all boils down to he said she said. That girl has more gutts than the rest of them. Do you have any idea why she was running for that position. If so lets see if you have the facts
Another Concerned

#7 Aug 9, 2012
This is so great! Deborah Cole-Easley (as noted on her business card) stated she was in the witness protection program to me. Why on earth would she be running for office. Don't you want to be rather low key for that? It was nice finding the article on her. It indeed gave me reassurance as to my own suspicions about this woman. I would say they were correct. A wolf in sheep's clothing.
magicmike

Little Rock, AR

#8 Aug 10, 2012
You all sound like a bunch of southern fried hicks. Grow up people. Who in the hell would even think suggesting taking a lie detector test to run for public office would remotely look intelligent? And people wonder why the south gets talked down so badly
southern fried hicks

#9 Sep 1, 2012
Who even cares? A lie detector test isn't going to tell anyone anything anyway. They are not admissible in court for a reason. They are unreliable. Who in the hell would want this woman running for any public office. Read the article.

"She was arrested in January and April after her fianc's death, once for driving under the influence and another time for contributing to the delinquency of minors."

Not to mention the fact she doesn't even have her facts straight. She's naming names and people haven't even spoken to her. I can't image what kind of reputation the company she is supposed to be running has.

"But the coroner's office records show it was not Smedley, a former paramedic, who handled the case. "I don't even know what she's talking about," he said."

"Cole didn't mention her arrests until asked by the Voice. The police report said she drove her Honda SUV through the stop sign at DeSoto and Calella and was stopped at the Townhouse Center. "Mrs. Cole had slurred speech and impaired motor control," the report said.

"I had two glasses of wine with a chicken salad," she said. But a breath test at the Garland County Sheriff's Office indicated a blood alcohol level of 0.230, well above the .08 level considered to be driving under the influence.

"But Cole, who told officers she was an employee of the Property Owner's Association, was charged with eight counts of contributing to the delinquency of minors for supplying them with liquor. She pleaded no contest."

Read it. It's all I need to see to know how I would vote and I don't need a lie dectector test. Opportunist!

southern fried hicks

#10 Sep 1, 2012
Serioiusly, read the article.

"When police continued to keep her under observation, said Cole, she complained to other law-enforcement agencies but was told they had no jurisdiction in the matter. She named Saline County Sheriff Phil Mask as one of those she had talked to. "She is mistaken. She has not spoken to me. I've never heard of Deborah Cole," Mask told the Voice."

She sounds like a real winner!!
magicmike

Little Rock, AR

#11 Sep 4, 2012
It's very simple. As long as she's not a felon she can run for office. If she has a past you don't like then don't vote for her.
southern fried hicks

#12 Sep 24, 2012
Ya, Think!!!
I AM THE TRUTH

Mount Pleasant, AR

#13 Mar 26, 2014
Concerned wrote:
Maybe your daughter was the problem and everyone in the Village knows the truth about it...thats how that woman ran for office...the truth
I personally know her and her daughter and anyone else that does too knows that ABSOLUTELY, UNEQUIVOCALLY, NO QUESTIONS ASKED, NO DOUBTS both those bitches are CRAZY. And if you haven't known them that long, just wait, they'll show you. According to her shes been in the witness protection, lived with a major kingpin in a drug cartel, John Cooper hired people to inject her fiancee with enough drugs to od and then they made it look like he did it to himself and thats just the tip of the iceburg. I was one of those minors and yes she smoked pot WITH us, gave us alcohol and pain pills, and let teens have sex in her DAUGHTERS bed as long as we washed the sheets afterword. Sounds like such a good "mentor" right? So y'all can act like you know her all you want but you don't know shit. I was there, I lived it. So there's your truth for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hot Springs Village Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Govt Investigates Whether We Need A Tariff On R... 2 hr Seriously ??? 1
Just moved here and would like to donate to rep... 10 hr Al Rosestein 3
Who knows 23 hr Reverend Saint Prick 2
National Park Medical Center - Filthy Feb 19 Mr. Clean 2
npmc Feb 19 John 1
Travel lodge or econolodge Feb 15 Pirate 2
Are there different parking rules for obese bla... Feb 15 Brent 4

Hot Springs Village Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance