do people who live in the village kno...

do people who live in the village know how to drive?

Created by beavis on Feb 26, 2010

20 votes

Click on an option to vote

yea,20 under the speed limit!

nope...they shouldnt be alowed

out of the gates

Pest

Mountain Pine, AR

#1 Mar 2, 2010
Its not that they dont know how to drive they just dont have anywhere they have to be.
tommy

United States

#2 May 1, 2010
they should only be allowed out of the village one day a week so that us people can drive safely.... besides that we could get where we was going a lot faster.
People in the Village

Monett, MO

#3 May 2, 2010
Tommy Tommy Tommy,

We know your Mom told to be nice to us old people.

You wouldn't have anywhere to get to as You stated if we were not paying for all the roads outside of the village with our tax dollars!!!!!

Well a Pothole here & a pothole there here a pothole & there a Pothole everywhere a pothole....LOL

Inside the Village we take care of our own Pothole roads.:)
tommy

United States

#4 May 2, 2010
your so concerned about pot holes.....that must be why you drive 20 under the speed limit.
Sammy

Mountain Pine, AR

#5 Jul 21, 2010
I have been making a lot of trips out by the Village lately and it seems they have gotten worse. What is with people that have to pull out in front of you and drive 25mph are they just being jerks because they live in the Village. Example I was going by Wal-Mart and there was a vehicle in front of me and no one behind me we were doing between 45 an 50 now mind you there was no one behind me and this person pulled out of the red light did not stop to get in-between me and this other vehicle I had to lock up my breaks and swerve into the turn lane of oncoming traffic to avoid hitting them thank goodness no one was coming then they proceed to drive 25mph and this happens on a regular basis they donít use their turn signals until they have come to a stop in the middle of the road and I donít mean the turn lane I mean the driving lane and some stop and sit there you have no idea what they are doing I am beginning to think that they really think they own the road up that way good thing I am not a cop that would have been a load of tickets but then again if I was they probably would not have done that. The speed limit should have never been dropped to 45 they should have left it at 55 that was the whole point of widening the road and putting in the turn lane it was not for them it was for everyone else trying to get around them when they were turning but it does not help when they donít use the turn lane.
Sammy

Mountain Pine, AR

#6 Jul 21, 2010
People in the Village wrote:
Tommy Tommy Tommy,
We know your Mom told to be nice to us old people.
You wouldn't have anywhere to get to as You stated if we were not paying for all the roads outside of the village with our tax dollars!!!!!
Well a Pothole here & a pothole there here a pothole & there a Pothole everywhere a pothole....LOL
Inside the Village we take care of our own Pothole roads.:)
I was reading you post here and it seems to me you think the people from the Village pay for our roads here in Garland County well look up where the actual funding came from for HWY 7 North and then look and see how many roads actually get fixed in Garland County from what I hear the Village is not doing too well and they are trying to raise POA fees to cover expenses and if that does not work they may have to become incorporated and you know what that means.

Waterloo, Canada

#7 Jul 21, 2010
Happens all the time. They need to lock the gates and throw away the key!!
STANISLAUS DREUCKEBDODEVI

Cabot, AR

#8 Jun 18, 2011
They don't want to incorporate because they would have to take down the gates. Fairfield Bay gets $2 MILLION a year from State turnback from sales tax, and they don't have any gates. But you can't talk to these folks in Hot Springs Village about getting any State turnback money, because they don't want to take down the gates. The POA has about run out of resources, and now they are resorting to sending out letters to property owners, telling them that their property is "overgrown with weeds," and that, if the property owner doesn't get it taken care of, the POA will, and charge them $300 ! I know 2 different people who got such a letter, and neither property was overgrown with weeds. One is a real old man who has back and leg trouble, and now you can see him out in his yard in the late evenings, spraying weed killer on everything. His yard has very little grass, and what is there is now turning yellow! I guess that's the POA's view of "beauty." The other yard is owned by 2 brothers, one of which lives in Memphis, and they only come over once every month or so, to go out on the lake. Neither yard has much growing, at all, except large pine trees, and there isn't much that will grow under pine trees! The POA would love to collect $300, if they could. I know of another fellow who had the wind to blow a tree down into his driveway. He got out his chain saw and cut up the tree, putting it across the street into some "common property" where the POA had put some other trash. When someone complained and a policeman came out (apologizing for having to bother him), this property owner took it to the POA and sued them and won (I heard). The POA won't come out and clean out ditches any more. They say they are "stacked up until December" on requests! They want to take in the $$$ but not provide the service! They are ALWAYS crying MONEY, in all their fancy glossy brochures they mail out. They seem to have plenty of money to buy stamps, send out glossy brochures and $300 letters, and pave streets that don't need paving! Another friend has some dogs, and he found out that he couldn't put up a fence unless he paid $45 for an Application (whether it was approved or not), went down to the POA and got down on his knees and begged, then if it was approved, the fence had to be "decorative" (whatever that means) and not over 3 feet tall! He has 3 dogs that can jump higher than 3 feet, so this would be of no benefit to him, as they could easily jump over a 3 foot fence! Nobody tells you any of this while they are selling property to you; you find it out later, that it's all in the "covenants" you signed! Be aware, if you are considering Hot Springs Village! It's nice in a lot of ways, but the POA is a bunch of redneck ignoramusses! They are all from the "good-old-boy" system from years gone by! The POA's main interest is protecting Cooper's interests (the developer)- this came out in some of their literature recently (they finally admitted it)! They are not concerned about the property owner, unless they can sell one of their "repossessed lots" to them and TAKE IN SOME MORE $$$!!
ExYankee

Kenton, OH

#9 Feb 13, 2014
Sounds to me like a bunch of people who have nothing better to do than complain. HSV is doing just fine, thank you. For some of you whizzing up and down 7 in a big hurry... where are you going? You don't pay any attention to the speed limit sign anyway. The Village brings in a lot of tax money for both Garland and Saline counties and the schools in Jessieville and Fountain Lake wouldn't be nearly as good if those good folks in HSV hadn't served on school boards over the last 20-30 years. Why do you think so many people are moving from LR to HSV... it's a very good place to live and the schools supported by HSV are much better than most of the LR schools. I suggest several of you just crawl back under your rock and stay quiet. Some of the rest of you are lying when you say "I know of this guy, or I know of this letter... etc".... Nothing worse than a bunch of gossip from people who don't live there.
Love the Village

Benton, AR

#10 Dec 29, 2016
Have to laugh at those "funny" posts from those degrading the Villagers. Those speeding up and down 7 are the hillbillies in a hurry to get nowhere. Take Strawberry Road west to get to HS, and avoid all us "old geezers"... LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hot Springs Village Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
We weren't told the crime here was this bad 34 min Kenny 8
News Group Appealing Gambling Decision (Jul '06) May 26 little gurl 3
Jonathan Martin attorney - caught on Ashley Mad... May 26 Laura 11
Arnold and Judy Moody May 25 Free 3
Megaphone Announcement May 24 Shamica 3
Bookie money May 23 Kenny 2
HSV Voice Newspaper May 7 Questionnaire 1

Hot Springs Village Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance