wondering

United States

#1 Jul 10, 2011
The Hot Springs Village POA recently laid off several employees, I was wondering if things are really that bad there. Most of the layoffs were from the Public Works dept. Has any of the services in the village suffered (water, sewer, garbage etc).
JoeB

Hot Springs National Park, AR

#2 Jul 12, 2011
I donít know if it has affected the services or not but I do know that some of the employees never know if they are going to have a job from week to week or even day to day. There has to be something to it if they are talking about it. I have noticed they are putting up all new reflective street name signs but I believe that is to be in compliance with the local emergency management (so the signs can be read at night) for fire, police and ambulance. But where is that money coming from! I hope a grant or something because I would hate to know I lost my job over some street sign.
wondering

United States

#3 Jul 12, 2011
I'm not sure if the village can receive state or federal money because its a private community? A friend of a friend said he had a sewer leak that ran for 3 days in his yard because they didn't have enough people to fix it. He lives right on lake Balboa. He said it ran into the lake all weekend. Eewww! The POA may have made the cuts in the wrong depts.
JoeB

Hot Springs National Park, AR

#4 Jul 13, 2011
You would not be referring to the fact that they have too much dead weight sitting on their you know what in the offices there and getting paid for it would you or that the higher ups are only worried if they are going to get a raise this year or if they can find their buddy a nice job of driving around to tell them yea its broke and it needs to be fixed. Yea they have lots of volunteers to do things but nothing like they use too but then again itís not any different than any other city right now that is facing financial difficulty and you are right they have made cut backs in the wrong places and they even had an employee get killed about a month ago during the clean up from the storm.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hot Springs Village Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Poinsett County students attend teen summit 10 hr guest 1
Review: Breshears Florist & Nursery May 2 Violetaster259 1
Floury & HSPD involved or turning blind eye? (Jul '14) May 2 kristie72150 8
Branded Ink Royal AR. Apr 25 Benny Blanco 3
STARTING OVER MINISTRIES SCAM - do not fall for... (Sep '14) Apr 25 Hillary 16 not 3
Windows USA treating employees unlawfully Apr 24 Truth 3
Disgusted With The Hot Springs Village T.H.A. ??? Apr 7 rational_person 1
More from around the web

Hot Springs Village People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]