Why do i miss hot springs so much?

Why do i miss hot springs so much?

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Jonesboro, AR

#1 Jan 18, 2011
What is it about this place? It's been about 8 months since i was last here and the person who i spent time with here could be a real bich and a big spender and a real bich about that too. But when my thoughts direct my memory to hot springs sometimes it hurts like helll. I don't get it. I've never felt this way about any time or place before.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#2 Jan 20, 2011
guest wrote:
What is it about this place? It's been about 8 months since i was last here and the person who i spent time with here could be a real bich and a big spender and a real bich about that too. But when my thoughts direct my memory to hot springs sometimes it hurts like helll. I don't get it. I've never felt this way about any time or place before.
This town and people sucks! let me rephrase that, Arkansas sucks Big!
Hot Springs is full of business owners who uses the crap out of employees without decent compensation for their hard work and loyalty, it is just too easy for them to fire and rehire a starving person to do the job for 7.25 an hour witch most other states you would make 3 times that for the same job! Many business here only pay the state minimum without any pay raises unless state minimum goes up than there are forced to pay that, also many business here also hire so many that you only get a part time job, it is a tax credit thing to hire unemployed to get them off government assistance it also gives the employer a do what I say leverage or your fired, It is also a state where the employer don't have to pay workman's comp so if you get hurt on the job your screwed
So Leave or Do Something

Hot Springs National Park, AR

#3 Jan 20, 2011
Arkansas Sucks Big wrote:
<quoted text>
This town and people sucks! let me rephrase that, Arkansas sucks Big!
Hot Springs is full of business owners who uses the crap out of employees without decent compensation for their hard work and loyalty, it is just too easy for them to fire and rehire a starving person to do the job for 7.25 an hour witch most other states you would make 3 times that for the same job! Many business here only pay the state minimum without any pay raises unless state minimum goes up than there are forced to pay that, also many business here also hire so many that you only get a part time job, it is a tax credit thing to hire unemployed to get them off government assistance it also gives the employer a do what I say leverage or your fired, It is also a state where the employer don't have to pay workman's comp so if you get hurt on the job your screwed
There are agency's and lawyers all over who would love to take your case if you can prove it. All employers are required to provide Workman's Compensation with three or more employees, a State Law.
Only certain industries are subsidized for hiring people and only in certain areas, and that is Federal issue not State, which goes to businesses everywhere not just here. Get a Lawyer, call the Labor Board, call Workers Comp Commission - tell them, then the people who are doing what you are saying can run reputable businesses like the rest of us.
So you came to a small town away from all the big cities and expect to be compensated the same? This is a tourist town not an industial driven town. Here - people exsist here, they don't get rich here, they retire here, this isn't where the money is.
I have worked coast to coast, you can make alot more money in other places, but I still came back here because there is no place like it anywhere else.
Nobody wants this town to be like all the rest of the cities, they suck! You want to make money? Leave or do something about, because we don't want or need your kind in Hot Springs.

Location hidden

#4 Jan 20, 2011
So Leave or Do Something wrote:
<quoted text>
There are agency's and lawyers all over who would love to take your case if you can prove it. All employers are required to provide Workman's Compensation with three or more employees, a State Law.
Only certain industries are subsidized for hiring people and only in certain areas, and that is Federal issue not State, which goes to businesses everywhere not just here. Get a Lawyer, call the Labor Board, call Workers Comp Commission - tell them, then the people who are doing what you are saying can run reputable businesses like the rest of us.
So you came to a small town away from all the big cities and expect to be compensated the same? This is a tourist town not an industial driven town. Here - people exsist here, they don't get rich here, they retire here, this isn't where the money is.
I have worked coast to coast, you can make alot more money in other places, but I still came back here because there is no place like it anywhere else.
Nobody wants this town to be like all the rest of the cities, they suck! You want to make money? Leave or do something about, because we don't want or need your kind in Hot Springs.
you must be one of those business owners I was talking about and you are wrong about workman comp I had to get a workman comp relief to go to work putting on siding it cost me 50.00 if I get hurt I am not covered
Not one of those

#5 Jan 20, 2011
<quoted text>
you must be one of those business owners I was talking about and you are wrong about workman comp I had to get a workman comp relief to go to work putting on siding it cost me 50.00 if I get hurt I am not covered
If you had to get a "waiver" (relief), you are a sub-contractor by definition. If you are using any company provided truck, tools or equipment, you are an employee and that "waiver" is worthless to your employer. No, I'm not one of those. I pay above the average with benifits and manage to maintain my employees.

Location hidden

#6 Jan 20, 2011
Not one of those wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had to get a "waiver" (relief), you are a sub-contractor by definition. If you are using any company provided truck, tools or equipment, you are an employee and that "waiver" is worthless to your employer. No, I'm not one of those. I pay above the average with benifits and manage to maintain my employees.
Yes that is correct in a since!You see how the contractors use the law is only for their benefit so not to pay payroll taxes and workman comp along with the additional cost of insurance! let me explain! Most states like AZ,Ca, NV, Or, WA, Id, Co. ect ect... to be a sub contractor you need to be licensed insured and bonded also as a subcontractor you can not earn more than 20% of your yearly income from one contractor also saying if you have any employees you also need to provide workman comp! Now for here to be a subcontractor you just need to have an agreement with the contractor that will work as a sub and provide a waver of workman comp it is just a scam to cheet the worker and fatten the business owners pocket book ask any of these subs if they have a license or a yellow page add or an office a business phone or insurance ask them what would happen if they got hurt on the job and could not work for a month or two ask them where they work!!!!

Location hidden

#7 Jan 20, 2011
Not one of those wrote:
<quoted text>
I am happy that you do pay above the average I just hope you are at lest paying a livable wage since the average is not a livable wage here! it is good that you do have benefits and hopefully your employs earn enough to pay for their portion and able to pay the difference to the medical system if the occasion ever occurs. I also hope they are long term employees cause you are a great boss and not because it is no better else where! if all this is plus, for your employees and your self I am very happy for you and your crew you are one of the extreme few here in town and I wish you success and happiness
Not one of those

#8 Jan 21, 2011
<quoted text>
I am happy that you do pay above the average I just hope you are at lest paying a livable wage since the average is not a livable wage here! it is good that you do have benefits and hopefully your employs earn enough to pay for their portion and able to pay the difference to the medical system if the occasion ever occurs. I also hope they are long term employees cause you are a great boss and not because it is no better else where! if all this is plus, for your employees and your self I am very happy for you and your crew you are one of the extreme few here in town and I wish you success and happiness
The rules you quote from other states are basically the same here in AR. What you are experiencing are contractors who are abusing the system and exploiting workers. I have seen the same thing in almost every other state in the union. If you haven't run into this before you were lucky, these are the types of contractors that I have to compete with, cooking the books, under-bidding projects, exploiting the help, and generally keeping themselves in business the only way they know how, cheating people. Everybody loses.
Real employers follow the rules by knowing the law then you have to surround yourself with able, professional workmen. To keep them you have to take care of them. My newest skilled employee has been with me 2-1/2 years then up to 12 years. Ups and downs happen, its the nature of the biz.
I'm sorry you found these a$$-clowns around here. I have seen some that have skated through for many years without getting caught, I've seen some loose everything because of their greed. Eventually they get whats coming to them.
Don't let it sway your opinion of what the rest of us are like, they are everywhere.
I can do that

#9 Jan 21, 2011
Not one of those wrote:
<quoted text>
The rules you quote from other states are basically the same here in AR. What you are experiencing are contractors who are abusing the system and exploiting workers. I have seen the same thing in almost every other state in the union. If you haven't run into this before you were lucky, these are the types of contractors that I have to compete with, cooking the books, under-bidding projects, exploiting the help, and generally keeping themselves in business the only way they know how, cheating people. Everybody loses.
Real employers follow the rules by knowing the law then you have to surround yourself with able, professional workmen. To keep them you have to take care of them. My newest skilled employee has been with me 2-1/2 years then up to 12 years. Ups and downs happen, its the nature of the biz.
I'm sorry you found these a$$-clowns around here. I have seen some that have skated through for many years without getting caught, I've seen some loose everything because of their greed. Eventually they get whats coming to them.
Don't let it sway your opinion of what the rest of us are like, they are everywhere.
I have put out over 200 apps in this area trying to find work I also have a waiver of workman compensation and all the contractors has asked me if I have one or will get one this is the norm here! the very few 5 or 6 that don't require this only pays $8.00 to $10.00 per hour! personal I don't care I just need a job any job!
In Nevada where I am from it is a felony not to be fully licensed insured and bonded and have workman compensation "there is no such thing as a waver" and if you get caught with out any of the requirements you can serve up to 5 years in state prison! Nevada has a very active law and uses it to the fullest most contractors here would be in jail with in 2 weeks in Nevada!
But I can complain like I said I need a job any job you kind of get to that point when you are great full to eat 3 meals a week
YeahRIght

#10 Jan 22, 2011
200 apps and haven't found a job, posting on here and nobody is hiring. Complaining about Arkansas.
Why did you come here anyway?
Felony record??? Background checks bringing up something?? Can't pass a drug test?? I know at least 6 guys hiring that aren't like you say they are, you are an A-HOLE for coming here wanting it to be like where you come from. GO BACK!

You are a whiner, a liar and a loser. There are jobs all over Hot Springs to someone that will work, you have to be lying or not trying.
I can do that

#11 Jan 22, 2011
YeahRIght wrote:
200 apps and haven't found a job, posting on here and nobody is hiring. Complaining about Arkansas.
Why did you come here anyway?
Felony record??? Background checks bringing up something?? Can't pass a drug test?? I know at least 6 guys hiring that aren't like you say they are, you are an A-HOLE for coming here wanting it to be like where you come from. GO BACK!
You are a whiner, a liar and a loser. There are jobs all over Hot Springs to someone that will work, you have to be lying or not trying.
Instead of downing some one you don't even know and assuming the worst tell me who is hiring and let them do the background check and drug test I will past it all I don't drink or use drugs and in my entire life only had one traffic ticket! So who are those 6 guy's or is that just BS. I will even go as far as paying you 25% of my first 2 checks if you can get me full time employment in the next week!
Hot Springs don't need to change except for more employment opportunities!
You are the type that would laugh and kick a senior citizen that tripped than to help him back up you are a sad person!
What went wrong with your life? where you abandoned as a child, molested, bullied, did you catch your spouse cheating, or your children disowned you! I would help you with your anger problem but I have my own problem trying to find work! so for now I can just hope you get the cure you need and I get the job I need, we both will than be winners!!
Have a good day

Jonesboro, AR

#12 Jan 23, 2011
Well. I really didn't think this kind of conversation would result from my original post. But what else was i expecting? So i take it that Hot Springs might have some nice scenic views like around the downtown area but that's about it.
I guess i missed out didn't I? To think, i could have been in a situation living with someone who liked to spend a lot of money on traveling and things here or about a couple hours west of here all the while trying to find a job at the closest an hour away in Little Rock or Fort Smith.

Jonesboro, AR

#13 Jan 23, 2011
I wonder why my location is showing up as hot springs village instead of tyler, tx now. Internet companies...you never know where they're taking you.
I can do that

#14 Jan 23, 2011
guest wrote:
Well. I really didn't think this kind of conversation would result from my original post. But what else was i expecting? So i take it that Hot Springs might have some nice scenic views like around the downtown area but that's about it.
I guess i missed out didn't I? To think, i could have been in a situation living with someone who liked to spend a lot of money on traveling and things here or about a couple hours west of here all the while trying to find a job at the closest an hour away in Little Rock or Fort Smith.
Hot springs is a beautiful place, The trees hills and water I love the scenery I specially like the view at the gorge! As for work unless you are in the medical field for get it there's nothing I have been looking for months now all I have is a 7 1/2 hour a week job washing dishes for 3 day a week that's right 2 1/2 hours a day 7.25 an hour I also walk a dog 1 hour a day for 5 days at 3.00 an hour! But a friend will be taking me up to Benton where he works maybe I could put my CDL to use up there!
i cant do that

United States

#15 Jan 24, 2011
I can do that wrote:
<quoted text>
Hot springs is a beautiful place, The trees hills and water I love the scenery I specially like the view at the gorge! As for work unless you are in the medical field for get it there's nothing I have been looking for months now all I have is a 7 1/2 hour a week job washing dishes for 3 day a week that's right 2 1/2 hours a day 7.25 an hour I also walk a dog 1 hour a day for 5 days at 3.00 an hour! But a friend will be taking me up to Benton where he works maybe I could put my CDL to use up there!
. Listen were all getting sick and tired of your sobbing pitty party, you have some how managed to get on every forum and change the subject back to you and pittiful you are! Go back home or get over it...and stop flooding this website with your problems!
I can do that

#16 Jan 24, 2011
i cant do that wrote:
<quoted text>. Listen were all getting sick and tired of your sobbing pitty party, you have some how managed to get on every forum and change the subject back to you and pittiful you are! Go back home or get over it...and stop flooding this website with your problems!
It is spelled pity and pitiful " I pity you for not knowing how to spell, amazing you are capable of reading!

And if you don't like reading my post than don't jerk! If I don't like reading something I don't "GET OVER THAT"
i cant do that

United States

#17 Jan 24, 2011
mabee you should get a job as a teacher if your not to busy littering up this website with your trash. im still shocked that your able to pay for iternet but yet you and your family are so cold and hungry. stop wasting our and your time on here and get a job.dont worry the 3rd isnt far off.

Jonesboro, AR

#18 Jan 25, 2011
i cant do that wrote:
mabee you should get a job as a teacher if your not to busy littering up this website with your trash. im still shocked that your able to pay for iternet but yet you and your family are so cold and hungry. stop wasting our and your time on here and get a job.dont worry the 3rd isnt far off.
I see people are still bickering about jobs and job related hardships here...and some say money doesn't matter. Anyway, having a dad to pay for college and your living expenses while going to college and then becoming a teacher is a good idea. Every town has enough tax dollars from the income earners to have teachers. And the only way to become worthful with purpose in life is to be a teacher and teach word for word from school provided lesson plans. I think everybody should be a teacher.
LOL

#19 Jan 26, 2011
guest wrote:
<quoted text>I see people are still bickering about jobs and job related hardships here...and some say money doesn't matter. Anyway, having a dad to pay for college and your living expenses while going to college and then becoming a teacher is a good idea. Every town has enough tax dollars from the income earners to have teachers. And the only way to become worthful with purpose in life is to be a teacher and teach word for word from school provided lesson plans. I think everybody should be a teacher.
~A good teacher has been defined as one who makes himself progressively unnecessary.-Thomas J. Carruthers

While an honorable position to hold, I prefer great teachers over those that teach provided lesson plans.

Jonesboro, AR

#20 Jan 29, 2011
guest wrote:
As you might have noticed from this first post i posted, you might could tell that i was "seeing" somebody here on my visits here. We "saw" each other when i was able to visit here and that lasted about a total of a few months. She could really put the pressure of life on you at times and like i said before she liked to spend a lot of money. I am one who knows that if a person likes you for the money you spend on them then they really don't like you at all so i really don't think it was the relationship is why i miss this place so much. But other than the stress she could cause on you i did enjoy the times here and every time i left to go back home i felt sad even though i was that much farther away from my blood family when i was at Hot Springs.
So just what is it about this place? Is it the water? LOL. If i really was as free in life as some say we are and jobs didn't factor in to where you were located and i could just really be free to go and do what i wanted to then i might would move here and try what living here would be like.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hot Springs Village Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rogers and Dean taking the kids out of state fo... Fri Jeffery 19
What's up with this Dewayne Curry character? Fri Jeffery 1
I am so proud of our country Thu Rinky Dink 14
Ty Rodgers driving a new red flatbed fyi Nov 30 Cruella 5
hot springs village dying Nov 29 Disgusted 11
Rodger punked Dean? Nov 29 Cindy eeaton 14
Attention Lotus Valley Subdivision!!!! Nov 28 Wolve 4

Hot Springs Village Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance