Arkansas sheriff's deputy charged, fi...

Arkansas sheriff's deputy charged, fired for going topless

There are 39 comments on the WKYC-TV Cleveland story from Jun 11, 2006, titled Arkansas sheriff's deputy charged, fired for going topless. In it, WKYC-TV Cleveland reports that:

Going topless has cost an Arkansas sheriff's deputy her job. Dawn Roberson was fired from the Garland County sheriff's department after being charged with indecent exposure and disorderly conduct.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WKYC-TV Cleveland.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bernard

United States

#1 Jun 11, 2006
Once again a women is treated differently by the law for being a woman. If a man can go topless then a woman should be able to do so without being harrassed by the state authorities.
Knock Knock

United States

#2 Jun 11, 2006
Ain't this a shit. It was probably a bunch of old hags whose tits hang down and their old men don't want them anymore. And the husbands were probably actually popping wood......something that hadn't happened in years....what else could the old foogies do but call the police.....
Carrie

Canada

#3 Jun 11, 2006
It's only natural for any authoritive figure to be fired when they're caught in an indecent act.If there's no law then our society will be full of insane idiots running amok shirtless and pantless.
Ryno

Colorado Springs, CO

#4 Jun 12, 2006
She was my brothers supervisor. I'll ask him if he has any pictures
Rodney

Half Way, MO

#5 Jul 14, 2006
I think this may be a case of the police enforcing their private idea of what the law should be, rather than what the law is.

I checked out the Arkansas Code sections concerning "indecent exposure" and "disorderly conduct." Indecent exposure, 5-14-112, requires a purpose to arouse or gratify sexual desure, while the disorderly conduct provision that deals with exposure, 5-71-207(9), is limited to one's "private parts" -- a term which, interestingly, is not defined, but which Arkansas case law seems to equate with the genitals. At the very least, I think this makes the disorderly conduct statute unconstitutionally vague as applied to this situation.

A woman might be arrested in Arkansas for exposing her breast in the act of feeding an infant, but I don't think she'd be convicted. Even in Arkansas, most judges are smarter than most policemen. If a woman can expose her breast to feed an infant, she can expose her breasts because it's summer and she's hot -- at least, there doesn't seem to be any law against it.

Except "John Law," a.k.a. Sheriff Bubba and Deputy Fife. Is it any wonder our respect for law enforcement slips closer to oblivion each passing year?
MRS

Merchantville, NJ

#6 Jul 14, 2006
Knock Knock wrote:
Ain't this a shit. It was probably a bunch of old hags whose tits hang down and their old men don't want them anymore. And the husbands were probably actually popping wood......something that hadn't happened in years....what else could the old foogies do but call the police.....
She must have gotten a rise out of somebody.
Vote for Kinky

United States

#7 Jul 18, 2006
What a boob.
Ryno

Colorado Springs, CO

#8 Jul 19, 2006
I dont see why people make such a fuss abou tit.
Knock Knock

United States

#9 Jul 19, 2006
It's the same people who sit back and bitch about anyone who is pretty or young looking. They get old and bitter and have to make it rough on the younger better looking....not necessarily young...
Ryno

Colorado Springs, CO

#10 Jul 24, 2006
If you've ever seen Dawn Roberson, you wouldnt say she's young, or very attractive. She has kids in their 20's.
sad

Vancouver, Canada

#11 Jul 24, 2006
Rodney wrote:
I think this may be a case of the police enforcing their private idea of what the law should be, rather than what the law is.
I checked out the Arkansas Code sections concerning "indecent exposure" and "disorderly conduct." Indecent exposure, 5-14-112, requires a purpose to arouse or gratify sexual desure, while the disorderly conduct provision that deals with exposure, 5-71-207(9), is limited to one's "private parts" -- a term which, interestingly, is not defined, but which Arkansas case law seems to equate with the genitals. At the very least, I think this makes the disorderly conduct statute unconstitutionally vague as applied to this situation.
A woman might be arrested in Arkansas for exposing her breast in the act of feeding an infant, but I don't think she'd be convicted. Even in Arkansas, most judges are smarter than most policemen. If a woman can expose her breast to feed an infant, she can expose her breasts because it's summer and she's hot -- at least, there doesn't seem to be any law against it.
Except "John Law," a.k.a. Sheriff Bubba and Deputy Fife. Is it any wonder our respect for law enforcement slips closer to oblivion each passing year?
There's a big difference between exposing a breast to feed an infant and going topless. I know it is hard for some men to see that, because of what they want to see. Go to a stripper bar you loser. Get a life.
Ryno

Colorado Springs, CO

#12 Jul 24, 2006
Whats her fuss all aboot, aye?

Teets were made to be shown!!!!
rdarmand

Roland, OK

#13 Jul 26, 2006
sad wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a big difference between exposing a breast to feed an infant and going topless. I know it is hard for some men to see that, because of what they want to see. Go to a stripper bar you loser. Get a life.
Do you know why you responded as you did? Because you think the only reason any woman could have for taking her shirt off is to arouse someone sexually.
Do you know why you think that way? Because that's the effect it has on you, and you can't get past it.
MRS

Mantua, NJ

#14 Jul 26, 2006
rdarmand wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know why you responded as you did? Because you think the only reason any woman could have for taking her shirt off is to arouse someone sexually.
Do you know why you think that way? Because that's the effect it has on you, and you can't get past it.
I can't think of any other reason for walking around topless. But then again, I'm old fashioned.
Just Thinking

Farmington, MI

#15 Jul 26, 2006
MRS wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't think of any other reason for walking around topless. But then again, I'm old fashioned.
Back in the late 70's my wife and I used to camp at a beautiful spot near East Tawas, MI which was owned by the local gas company and nearly everybody went nude around there and nobody was bothered by it in the least. There was no lewd behavior associated with it and entire families camped aroud the area which was at the top of a huge sand dune right on the river. It's too bad that we are so uptight about our bodies.
MRS

Mantua, NJ

#16 Jul 26, 2006
Just Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Back in the late 70's my wife and I used to camp at a beautiful spot near East Tawas, MI which was owned by the local gas company and nearly everybody went nude around there and nobody was bothered by it in the least. There was no lewd behavior associated with it and entire families camped aroud the area which was at the top of a huge sand dune right on the river. It's too bad that we are so uptight about our bodies.
This is too funny. When I was a kid we went to Lake Michigan (somewhere ?)camping. While boating we came across a nudist campground. The whole family got a turn looking though the binoculars to see the campers. I was probably 12 years old and got quite an eye full of "free" people before my Mother stopped us from watching. Maybe I say you?
MRS

Mantua, NJ

#17 Jul 26, 2006
Just Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way I used to be famous for moonlight skinny dipping at Bass River State forest.
Just Thinking

Farmington, MI

#18 Jul 26, 2006
MRS wrote:
<quoted text>
This is too funny. When I was a kid we went to Lake Michigan (somewhere ?)camping. While boating we came across a nudist campground. The whole family got a turn looking though the binoculars to see the campers. I was probably 12 years old and got quite an eye full of "free" people before my Mother stopped us from watching. Maybe I say you?
You never know I guess. It just seemed so natural out there that we just got naked. It was on the eastern side of the state along the Au Sable river and was not and official nudist camp but I'd estimate that there were over a hundred people out there getting sunburned where the sun normally don't shine. It's all in what you get used to I guess. Todays most modest swimwear would get you arrested in 1910 on any beach.
MRS

Mantua, NJ

#19 Jul 26, 2006
Just Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
You never know I guess. It just seemed so natural out there that we just got naked. It was on the eastern side of the state along the Au Sable river and was not and official nudist camp but I'd estimate that there were over a hundred people out there getting sunburned where the sun normally don't shine. It's all in what you get used to I guess. Todays most modest swimwear would get you arrested in 1910 on any beach.
You're not kidding!
rdarmand

Roland, OK

#20 Jul 27, 2006
MRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps that's because your culture has taught you to think of your breasts as sex objects.

Arkansas is a southern state. It's hot in the south, especially this year. When it's hot, the fewer clothes you have to keep on, the more comfortable you are.

I can't believe I have to explain this to adults.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hot Springs National Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
RT & Buck Smith - Father & Son Scumbags 2 hr Sarah 7
News Police: Girl, 4, found zip-tied, beaten thought... Aug 22 joceeghost 4
Child left to die in hot car Aug 19 NO Justice 2
News Couple arrested after girl zip-tied to bed as p... Aug 18 meme 2
does anyone know anything about john gibson aut... (Sep '09) Aug 17 Anonymous 96
golf cart hsv Aug 17 CPIMCIRM 5
Hot Springs Police Department Officer Kenny May Aug 17 Bruh 8

Hot Springs National Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hot Springs National Park Mortgages