Thunderfest 2012 and Thunder On Thunderbird, 4th Of July

Posted in the Horseshoe Bend Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Thunder

Hardy, AR

#1 May 15, 2012
11:00 a.m.- Food and Craft Vendors: There will be several vendor booths set up in the parking lot of "The Eagles Catch" across from Thunderbird Marina, plenty of food choices available; BBQ Ribs, BBQ Chicken, sandwiches, Tacos, Burritos, Hot Dogs Hamburgers, Ice Cream and ice cold drinks will be available. Craft vendors will also be setup in this area , so you can shop, eat and listen to the live bands (starting at 2:00pm) all at the same time.

11:00 a.m.-7:00p.m.- 24 Foot Tall Climbing Wall, Four Stations, so you can race your buddies to the top. Attendant will be on hand to assist and ensure all climbers are safe.

11:00a.m.-6:00p.m.- Paint Ball Shooting Gallery, complete with 3D targets--"Make My Day!"

11:00 a.m.-7:00p.m. Giant Inflatable Slide, Obstacle Course and Bounce House for the kids.

2:00 p.m.- 8:00 p.m.- Live Music: We have three awesome bands scheduled to perform (click on "Music" tab to see lineup and time schedule), There will be all kinds of music. Bring your lawn chairs. You won't even have to move to see the fireworks!!

4:00 p.m.- Hot Dog Eating Contest Sponsored by Highland Town And Country Supermarket. This is an annual favorite, bring your cameras.$5 entry fee (to pay for the hot dogs) sign up at Elks booth the day of the event, nice trophy to the 2012 Champion, and some Pepto.

7:00 p.m.- Boat Parade: Free to enter. Decorate your boat and show your patriotism, sign up at T-Bird Marina, plaque to winners presented by The Cherokee Village Business Association.

8:00 p.m.- Helicopter Fly-Over, be sure to wave! Tune your radio to 98.3 "The River" for Airshow Music.

9:00 p.m.- "Thunder On Thunderbird" fireworks show over beautiful Lake Thunderbird presented by Liberty Bank of Arkansas, in Cooperation with the Cherokee Village Business Association. This will be one of the largest 4th Of July fireworks shows in Arkansas. Please tune your radio to 98.3 "The River" for simulcast music and celebrate America's Independence with us!!

The stage will be set up in the front parking lot of "The Eagles Catch" across from the Thunderbird Marina, so bring your lawn chairs, listen to great music, eat great food and enjoy the awesome fireworks show and never have to move.

LIVE performances!

2:00 - 4:00 p.m.- The Spring River's own Dennis Horton and friends. What a great way to kick off "Thunderfest 2012"!!

4:30 - 5:30 p.m.- The Mike Gray Band - Featuring Ms.Lauren Gray, American Idol Star and "The Voice Of The Spring River".

6:30 - 8:30 p.m.- Tripping Nicky - They play a wide range of music, bring your dancing shoes and be ready to have some fun because this band will definitely get you out of your seat!

Admission is Free!

*Go to rockthunderbird.com for more info.
Ho Dee Doo

Violet Hill, AR

#2 May 16, 2012
I am ready, Light em up
Ho Dee Doo

Salem, AR

#7 May 16, 2012
Thunder wrote:
<quoted text>OK, Just dont bring any of your Colored friends with you. Remember, lets all do our share and keep Cherokee Village white!
I don't have any Colored friends so you don't need to worry about that.
Ho Dee Doo

Salem, AR

#9 May 16, 2012
Thunder wrote:
<quoted text>Thank God for that. We the people of Cherokee Village sure as hell don't need Thunderfest turning into Monkeyfest!
Got that right.

Every down and out ghetto started with one.
Thunder

Camp, AR

#16 May 17, 2012
Need to make one thing perfectly clear here.

Admission in free to Gherokee Village residents ONLY!

Out-Of-Towners WILL be charged $25 admission fee.

Promoter

Mountain Home, AR

#17 May 17, 2012
Thunder wrote:
Not true, admission is free for everybody, there will be a charge for the climbing wall and bounce houses, but admission is free!! Please stop!!
Lisa

Melbourne, AR

#18 May 18, 2012
Thunder wrote:
How much will Out-Of-Towner coloreds be charged ??
Local Boy

Hardy, AR

#19 May 18, 2012
Lisa asked: "How much will Out-Of-Towner coloreds be charged ??"

Most will be charged with "disturbing the peace" and held for 72 hours. A few will be charged with "drunk and disorderly" and held 72 hours. A very select few will be issued "hoodies" and charged with the task of out-running the locals who, after kicking all the sissy's from Memphis's asses, will be really looking to do some head stomping. Bring one if ya' own one otherwise lure a few of those bitches from Memphis on in for a good ole' time.
Village Yankee

Camp, AR

#20 May 18, 2012
Look, I do not believe any of the CV residents need to share their beautiful community with a bunch of Blacks on the 4th of July. The aftermath would be horrific! There would be rapes and muggings all around the village. Home invasions and theft would be at an all time high. Not to mention all the empty chicken buckets from KFC littering the yards and floating in lake Thunderbird. The Town Center would be covered with graffiti, windows on police cars would be broken out. It would be like Armageddon in the Village! rockthunderbird.com you need not promote this sought of event in Cherokee Village!
Ho Dee Doo

Violet Hill, AR

#21 May 18, 2012
I don't ever want to see the Thunder On Thunderbird, 4th Of July stop Its a great Two days, And I thank Jack and the others for all they do.
And I don't ever want to see Thunder On Thunderbird, 4th Of July go ape either. One thing we don't want or need in Cherokee Village and the surroundibg area is a bunch of ghetto bums turning this area into the ghetto they came from. I hope Thunder On Thunderbird, 4th Of July is not on the radio or in news papers in negro areas.

Local Res

Mountain Home, AR

#22 May 18, 2012
I'm confused, why is this fantastic event for our area all of sudden "labeled" as drawing blacks to the area? The guy that does this is a dang genius, created an event from scratch. This area needs people to come spend money and enjoy our area, promoting the area is good, we need that. Talk to K.R. Realty and other big names buying all the run down houses and making them section 8 housing(100's of houses) for the almighty dollar, guess who buys those? Theres alot of people in this community that locals should be pissed at and go after(politically), but the Thunder On Thunderbird guy is certainly not one of, he ought to be given a parade down Main street but this community takes him and others for granted and just cares if theres a blade of grass dead on the golf course. Rock On Mr. Thunder, can't wait to see the show!!
Amandas Hubby

Camp, AR

#23 May 20, 2012
I like Jack Lowe. He is great at promoting all this. His biggest draw back is that he supports interracial marriage and same sex couples. Not good for his image.

“ Dump Obama November 6, 2012”

Since: Jan 11

Flush it.

#24 May 20, 2012
Amandas Hubby wrote:
I like Jack Lowe. He is great at promoting all this. His biggest draw back is that he supports interracial marriage and same sex couples. Not good for his image.
The only part you have right is, He is great at promoting.
The rest is total BS and you know it,
Lisa

Mountain Home, AR

#25 May 24, 2012
Buy them light them fly them bigger the better. Have fun and be safe.

White pride world wide.
fun fo all

Shreveport, LA

#26 Jun 6, 2012
Lisa wrote:
<quoted text> How much will Out-Of-Towner coloreds be charged ??
your grammer skills came from where???
Richard

Cherokee Village, AR

#27 Jun 6, 2012
fun fo all wrote:
<quoted text>
your grammer skills came from where???
Who cares??? We all know what this fine upstanding woman is saying. We do not like certain individuals in our lovely community, Cherokee Village. Especially you people from Memphis. We all know what the majority of your population consist of. Stay out of Cherokee Village you Memphians. You and your majority are not welcomed here.

“ Dump Obama November 6, 2012”

Since: Jan 11

Flush it.

#28 Jun 15, 2012
If we don't get some rain soon and get this burn ban off we are not going to have much of a 4th of July.

Bang
Cross Bow

Cherokee Village, AR

#31 Jun 16, 2012
To all of us with kids or grandchildren - Can't you just see this Happening !

A friend hosted a dinner party for family far and wide and everyone was encouraged to bring all their children as well.

All during the sit-down dinner one four-year-old girl stared at the uncle sitting across from her. The girl could hardly eat her food for staring.

The uncle checked his tie, felt his face for food, patted his hair in place but nothing stopped her from staring at him.

He tried his best to just ignore her but finally it was too much for him.

He finally asked her "Why are you staring at me?"

Everyone at the table had noticed her behavior and the table went quiet for her response.

The little girl said "I'm just waiting to see how you drink like a fish." He said STFU and lets go shoot off some fireworks and have a beer.
Local Res

Salem, AR

#32 Jun 20, 2012
FYI for all the folks in the area, the "Thunder On Thunderbird" fireworks show will go as planned, even during a burn ban. I called and talked to city officials(because I have alot of folks coming in town just for the show) and the event coordinator is working closely with fire depts. and a safety committee and precautions are being taken to allow the fireworks show at T-Bird to go as planned. Citizens will not be allowed to shoot fireworks in the Village if the burn ban is still on but the big show will go as planned. That was as of June 19th.
just sayin.

Ash Flat, AR

#33 Jun 20, 2012
All y'all are idiots. Honestly. Yes, I agree some blacks are bad but that does mean they are all! You can't judge everyone by some of their actions. And all y'all that live in the village and call your selves Christians, judge people more than anyone I have ever met! Get off that fact that you think you're better because honestly you're not!!!!!! And half the while people in that town are just as bad as some of the blacks. Keep that in mind! And y'all ain't anything special! So shut up, stop judging people and grow up! I'm glad I got out of that stupid town when I could before I had to grow up and raise my kids in that stupid hell of a town because it's full of stupid people! So think about all this before you call yourself a "Christian"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Horseshoe Bend Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr guest 30,947
used cars diamond bright auto Fri thiscracksmeup 6
highland school district Aug 27 DNR 4
Izard County Sheriff and HSB Police (Jun '13) Aug 25 juan 25
Fight Aug 25 Benny 1
Fish Aug 25 Pissed 1
Brad Welch (May '13) Aug 23 guest 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Horseshoe Bend Mortgages