High Speed Chase in HSB
Retired Cop

United States

#1 Mar 14, 2013
The Pacesetting Times ran an article about a 90-MPH chase through the city. Are you kidding me? What is the pursuit policy of the HSB police department?

Where is it illegal to park a vehicle on a street and have a conversation with a friend? What was the reasonable suspicion or probable cause for the officer to even approach the vehicle? You can park any place you want and should not be harassed by a police officer just because you parked on an unused street. The police generally just cannot stop and detain you. There has to be a reasonable belief or probable cause that there might be criminal activity involved.

Anyone could have been in the roadway, a citizen, a pet, or even a deer. The outcome could have been catastrophic. Hopefully the officer would have made the choice to run off the street (ha, ha) and avoid hitting a tree.

Does it make any sense to pursue a vehicle at 90 MPH for not having a license plate or registration? This is just ludicrous. I understand a murder suspect, but a simple, MINOR, traffic violation.

Was is honestly worth the risk to pursue a vehicle at 90-MPH through the city? The decision making skill is incomprehensible.

The Pacesetting Times said the vehicle had been operating in the area, so why didn't the HSB police stop him and cite him then? The officer stated he recognized the vehicle, and probably knew exactly who the driver was. Of course, the driver should have not fled, but to chase someone for no license plate is outrageous and could have had deadly consequences.

The mayor and city council need to review this situation before any other officer decides to chase someone at 90-MPH. Absolute BS.

I don't know who else really cares. If the officer had killed someone, the city would be sued. A family would suffer for the rest of their life.

The officer would probably go on and get a promotion. FUMU. Or, we could have a cop's funeral and then hire someone competent to do the job with skill, integrity, and good decision-making skills.
Retired State Police

Rogers, AR

#2 Mar 14, 2013
Retired Cop wrote:
The Pacesetting Times ran an article about a 90-MPH chase through the city. Are you kidding me? What is the pursuit policy of the HSB police department?
Where is it illegal to park a vehicle on a street and have a conversation with a friend? What was the reasonable suspicion or probable cause for the officer to even approach the vehicle? You can park any place you want and should not be harassed by a police officer just because you parked on an unused street. The police generally just cannot stop and detain you. There has to be a reasonable belief or probable cause that there might be criminal activity involved.
Anyone could have been in the roadway, a citizen, a pet, or even a deer. The outcome could have been catastrophic. Hopefully the officer would have made the choice to run off the street (ha, ha) and avoid hitting a tree.
Does it make any sense to pursue a vehicle at 90 MPH for not having a license plate or registration? This is just ludicrous. I understand a murder suspect, but a simple, MINOR, traffic violation.
Was is honestly worth the risk to pursue a vehicle at 90-MPH through the city? The decision making skill is incomprehensible.
The Pacesetting Times said the vehicle had been operating in the area, so why didn't the HSB police stop him and cite him then? The officer stated he recognized the vehicle, and probably knew exactly who the driver was. Of course, the driver should have not fled, but to chase someone for no license plate is outrageous and could have had deadly consequences.
The mayor and city council need to review this situation before any other officer decides to chase someone at 90-MPH. Absolute BS.
I don't know who else really cares. If the officer had killed someone, the city would be sued. A family would suffer for the rest of their life.
The officer would probably go on and get a promotion. FUMU. Or, we could have a cop's funeral and then hire someone competent to do the job with skill, integrity, and good decision-making skills.
But then again your Talking about HSB.When have you ever heard the police and its so called Chief make a good sound intelligent Decision.
Concerned Citizen

Cherokee Village, AR

#3 Mar 15, 2013
Yes it was not a wise idea to chase a vehicle for no license plates.

What is the educational level of these guys?

Sequoia is such a hilly and curvy road that cop could have killed somebody.

Who supervises these guys anyhow?
ugh

Mountain Home, AR

#4 Mar 15, 2013
somebody has got to stop the drug trade in whoreshoe
Old Timer

Mountain Home, AR

#5 Mar 24, 2013
That is why that town has dried up. Worthless police force that do shite like that because the old yankees don't want any one at all in their town. The police could spend the next five years getting the dope out of the trailer park but that involves too much paper work. I lived their once and had a cop named Hamrick scream and yell at me in my own yard because I had a tail light out and got out of my truck when he pulled into my driveway without his blue lights on. I should have pimp slapped him. I moved after that. I hope that place falls off the map.
Someone who knows

Mountain Home, AR

#6 May 28, 2013
The officer knew the individual and his prior criminal history. He had reasonable cause to suspect that the reason the individual ran was because of something other than a simple traffic violation.
David

Rowlett, TX

#7 May 28, 2013
Really?! Cops get away with murder. Laze-asses looking for a thrill.
smarter than you are

Mountain Home, AR

#8 May 30, 2013
Old Timer wrote:
That is why that town has dried up. Worthless police force that do shite like that because the old yankees don't want any one at all in their town. The police could spend the next five years getting the dope out of the trailer park but that involves too much paper work. I lived their once and had a cop named Hamrick scream and yell at me in my own yard because I had a tail light out and got out of my truck when he pulled into my driveway without his blue lights on. I should have pimp slapped him. I moved after that. I hope that place falls off the map.
I know you Renfew! I should taken you in fer manufacture of Meth. but was trying to work with you because you are a paid Federal Drug Informant. I asked you why you almost ran over that elderly ladt crossing the stree in front of Dollar General.......It is funny how METH affected your brain!
Retired FBI

Mountain Home, AR

#9 May 30, 2013
You folks critical of the police in HSB are on the other side of the law.That is why you are so critical......there was a high speed chase all right but it was not within HSB city limits.It was out of town over Strawberry River Bridge.You folks are so retarded on that Meth of yours it is no wonder you don't become zombies and eat yourselves to death and then you would become Zombies.The Feds have you giuys on thier radar and we will be talking soon face to face!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Horseshoe Bend Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Autism 2 hr Homegirl 6
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 2 hr kennie23 32,670
tow boater (Jun '11) 13 hr popo Yucko 178
was Chris Bryant involved in a shooting? (Jan '13) Sat Ru4Real 7
David "Adam" Craig Sat Sick_of_it 1
Horseshoe Bend is not a town for good folks (May '14) Dec 1 Taxpayer 22
Ivey's automotive (Aug '10) Dec 1 Kim 25

Horseshoe Bend Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance