Financial pressures force closure of ...

Financial pressures force closure of Southside Elmira YMCA

There are 1 comment on the Star-Gazette.COM story from Jan 26, 2011, titled Financial pressures force closure of Southside Elmira YMCA. In it, Star-Gazette.COM reports that:

The Chemung County YMCA will close its Southside Elmira branch, effective March 31, and will instead focus on programs for parents and children at its Horseheads branch, located in the Broad Street School.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Star-Gazette.COM.

Richard Gunderman

Vestal, NY

#1 Jan 27, 2011
leave the horseheads branch open? What about the kids and parents that live in the elmira area? Parents that love to bring there kids and just shoot some hoops for a couple hours or throw the cball around or go to watch an indoor soccer game!? I think its a very sad day when we take away the one and only good thing left in this town.not only are you taking away the dayly stuff but you are taking away from all the basketball leagues that play there on saturdays and the soccer leagues on sundays. I think everyone will shed a tear the day that they close this great facility down.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Horseheads Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Arbya s on Arsenal Street gets a major facelift Jul 19 food4thots 8
News Diabetes Alert Day: Get Your Health Assessed Apr '16 Lucy Jane 1
News James Hohmann: Is Trump a 'choke artist'? Apr '16 Lucy Jane 1
Singles in the area Mar '16 14905ABC 2
Discrimination In Horseheads (Sep '07) Aug '15 Concerned 3
how r the schools (Feb '11) Aug '15 gudlyf 3
News Residents oppose natural gas compressor station... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Fat Bellied Utican 1

Horseheads Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Horseheads Mortgages