Gun at the airport

Gun at the airport

There are 97 comments on the WHEC-TV Rochester, NY story from Nov 6, 2009, titled Gun at the airport. In it, WHEC-TV Rochester, NY reports that:

Team 10 has learned a man recently tried to board a plane at the Rochester international airport with a loaded gun in his carry-on bag.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHEC-TV Rochester, NY.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Leroy Jones

Rochester, NY

#1 Nov 6, 2009
How come no pictures???
Is he white??
And don't you mean a
"semi-automatic weapon"?????
Sounds funny to hear the media describe weapons lately as if they know what they are talking about.
CNN the other day called a M-16 a sniper's rifle.
Mom wayne county

Grafton, NY

#2 Nov 6, 2009
"Keep up the good work security guys.
Get Real

Rochester, NY

#3 Nov 6, 2009
Leroy Jones wrote:
How come no pictures???
Is he white??
And don't you mean a
Sounds funny to hear the media describe weapons lately as if they know what they are talking about.
I would be willing to bet that 80% of people do not know the difference between semi-automatic and fully-automatic weapons, let alone the Media. They don't seem to know jack-shit when it comes to weapons. In this case, what difference does it matter if he's white or otherwise?
Dewey

Rochester, NY

#4 Nov 6, 2009
Leroy Jones wrote:
How come no pictures???
Is he white??
And don't you mean a
They do have sniper's rifles that were originaly the M-16 A2. You put a 20x scope on it w/ a colaspable bipod on the stock and call it a sniper rifle.
keith

Newark, NY

#5 Nov 6, 2009
Thanks to Security for being on the job when needed,This guy still should spend some time in prison.
jim

Pittsford, NY

#6 Nov 6, 2009
sorry he is BLACK
Don

Albion, NY

#7 Nov 6, 2009
You mean Greater Rochester International Airport...

Since: Aug 09

Medina, NY

#8 Nov 6, 2009
How do you forget you have a loaded handgun in you luggage when you're boarding an airplane ??
keith

Newark, NY

#9 Nov 6, 2009
What is the Freater Rochester International Airport?
U R My Dingleberries

Rochester, NY

#10 Nov 6, 2009
Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
I would be willing to bet that 80% of people do not know the difference between semi-automatic and fully-automatic weapons, let alone the Media. They don't seem to know jack-**** when it comes to weapons. In this case, what difference does it matter if he's white or otherwise?
Semi-automatic,you pull the trigger once for each round you want to squeeze off.

Automatic, you pull and hold the trigger and the weapon continues to fire, until magazine is empty, weapon jams, etc.
Woodie14470

West Henrietta, NY

#11 Nov 6, 2009
We should all be taking guns onto planes when we travel after 9/11. I see nothing wrong with what he did.
CityRes

Rochester, NY

#12 Nov 6, 2009
Leroy Jones wrote:
How come no pictures???
Is he white??
And don't you mean a
Remember when 10 reported some PR throw an explosive in their news van, but it was really only a fire cracker? LMFAO

Remember when 10 reported there was another City Shooting and the Victim Shot was taking to the Hospital, but it was really only a BB gun? LMFAO

I'm not surprised they tried to sensationalize this one by calling it an """Automatic """ Weapon.
Woodie14470

West Henrietta, NY

#13 Nov 6, 2009
Mom wayne county wrote:
"Keep up the good work security guys.
Wouldn't need security guys if we all took our rightful place in the scheme of things. Problem is, the government has taken our ability (rights) away. And, we haven;'t said I, yes, or no, when they have done these unconstitutional things.
CityRes

Rochester, NY

#14 Nov 6, 2009
I guess you can't say firecracker.
black and white

Elmira, NY

#15 Nov 6, 2009
My uncle shut down the entire GRA pre-9-11 when I was a teenager. He had flown in from Georgia. Aunt had to go to the restroom. He sat on a bench, setting two carry-ons on the floor in front of him and the small bookbag with the trivial pursuit game in it on the end of the bench. When she came out, he got up, but forgot one of the bags.

Some old lady freaked out, called security, they called in a bomb squad, shut down the airport. Dissected the box open to disarm "the bomb". Called Georgia to track him down. Had to go back to the airport to get questioned, etc. Scary, but funny now how a simple mistake could cause so much trouble.
Frank

Rochester, NY

#23 Nov 6, 2009
They let him on the airplane? Makes me feel real safe. A nut case for sure. He did not know it was in the luggage? Sure? A loaded gun? This was not a mistake.
CityRes

Rochester, NY

#26 Nov 6, 2009
Hey 10,
Your story says the guy with the gun is being charged with a felony, and you say it's not the first time a gun has been found at the airport,
and we now know that this guy is black, so my question to you is:

where the other people caught with a gun at the airport charged with a felony?????
And if NOT, where they white???
clueless

Farmington, NY

#27 Nov 6, 2009
I'm guessing the only reason they did this story is because they want us to know that the security at the airport is working and not playing solitaire on there computers. sorry but how come they did the story now instead of doing it the first time a gun was found in a carry on??? its because of the police officer who was caught playing solitaire on his computer... now they want us to believe that airport security do there job even if the police officers dont.
Leroy Jones

Rochester, NY

#28 Nov 6, 2009
So, how about a follow up story on the cop playing solitaire???

Was he fired????

Have ALL games been removed from police car computers????
black and white

Elmira, NY

#29 Nov 6, 2009
we keep paying for security upgrades...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Horseheads Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
prison talk (Jul '11) Mar 14 One day closer 3
twin tiers eye care Jan '17 nnsudl y 1
News Hussain pleads guilty to harassment of SUNY Pot... Jan '17 searching 1
News Horseheads cops bust pot-growing operation (Oct '09) Aug '16 420kind 2
Singles in the area (Mar '16) Mar '16 14905ABC 2
Discrimination In Horseheads (Sep '07) Aug '15 Concerned 3
how r the schools (Feb '11) Aug '15 gudlyf 3

Horseheads Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance