Council to state: Don't close Monterey

Council to state: Don't close Monterey

There are 1 comment on the Press & Sun-Bulletin story from Oct 7, 2013, titled Council to state: Don't close Monterey. In it, Press & Sun-Bulletin reports that:

Elmira City Council voted unanimously Monday to oppose the proposed closing of the Monterey Shock Incarceration Correctional Facility.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Press & Sun-Bulletin.

Elizabeth Crowley

Milford, MA

#1 Oct 11, 2013
Closing Monterey Shock Camp is penny-wise and pound-foolish! The men that come out of Monterey are far less likely to return to prison than those who are confined in regular prisons. They actually LEARN something at Camp Monterey, not only about discipline, but also how to work and try to live a better life. I am not sure, but the cost to house an inmate at Monterey would be less than to confine an individual to a prison where there is no work or help them become productive citizens upon release. Prisoners have been huge assets to surrounding communities helping with their work on a variety of projects and in several towns, saving taxpayers even more money. PLEASE KEEP CAMP MONTEREY OPEN!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Horseheads Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LOST RELATIVE: Larry M Sweet (Apr '13) May 24 Christine 7
News Erin Kelly to appear on TODAY Show May 20 KellyWeak 1
News Elmira area courts report (Oct '11) May 2 the Ace of Spades 5
Eric Collins (Jan '12) Apr '15 abc 2
News Pierce's 1894 Restaurant closes its doors (Oct '08) Mar '15 Pam 3
Discrimination In Horseheads (Sep '07) Feb '15 Jazz 2
how r the schools (Feb '11) Feb '15 Jazz 2
More from around the web

Horseheads People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE