Arrest Made In Death Of Teen Found In...

Arrest Made In Death Of Teen Found In Hog Field Last Winter

There are 64 comments on the WFMY-TV Greensboro story from Jan 23, 2011, titled Arrest Made In Death Of Teen Found In Hog Field Last Winter. In it, WFMY-TV Greensboro reports that:

The Asheville Citizen-Times is reporting that an arrest was made Friday in the death of a Transylvania County teenager whose battered body was found in a hog field last winter.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMY-TV Greensboro.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Ghost Dog

Franklin, NC

#2 Jan 29, 2011
Drunk, puked, aspirated because of vomit! Simple, happens quite often but sometimes friends, fellow drunks clear their airway, only takes seconds to die. Why is alcohol legal? You don't puke from marijuana or become agressive or lose your inhibitions or kill people while driving drunk. Why is marijuana illegal? OH, people make money off putting pot smokers in prison, lawyers, police departments, DEA, Private prison companys, towns and citys all make money from Pot and who picks up the tab? Familys of those incarcerated and taxpayers who have to pay for SWAT/Drug interdiction teams, drug rehab/halfway houses, etc. Legalize pot and tax all aspects of it, it couls bring in $5 Billion or more to NC each year, just like alcohol does!
Ghost Dog

Franklin, NC

#4 Jan 29, 2011
Truthseeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I completely agree Ghost Dog. Yes, it's tragic to lose any young person but this clearly isn't a case of someone being beaten to death. I've thought for years that alcohol should be much more closely monitored.
You cannot protect people from themselves. When alcohol was "prohibited", people made all sorts of concoctions, some lethal, ie, Methyl Alcohol/Wood Alcohol, by distilling mash to only the first level, too soon and when the product was good it tasted bad so "cocktails" were invented to make it paletable. In prisons, convicts filtered shoe polish and other things through bread/cloth, people drink cough syrup, vanilla even rubbing alcohol to fulfill their desires/needs. It is the ones who drink because its "cool" or to impress their peers/be accepted who are usually the victims of alcohol poison or aspiration and then there are the victims of drunk drivers. Pot, on the other hand, makes people giddy, hungry and slows down their driving and mellows them out, alcohol, on the other hand, usually brings out the reckless inhibitions and quick tempers/anger, along with making you puke if you drink too much/too fast and can poison you. It is amazing that NC takes in over $5 Billion each year from alcoholic beverages, thats a lot of drinks, lot of drunks, lot of wasted money by family members, lot of wasted lives, lot of sorrow.
Ghost Dog

Franklin, NC

#5 Jan 30, 2011
In the news today, a 4 year old girl in Fulton County, GA, died from excessive alcohol poisoning after being given booze by two adults. They are being charged with murder and child abuse.
HuhHuh

Lillington, NC

#6 Jan 31, 2011
Ghost Dog wrote:
It is amazing that NC takes in over $5 Billion each year from alcoholic beverages
It's a huge cash cow. I'm amazed that the USA hasn't learned that marijuana could bring in such money, too.
babymama

Brevard, NC

#7 Jan 31, 2011
Wow are you guys serious this boy was beat stabbed and left for dead. This was murder nothing less
Ghost Dog

Franklin, NC

#8 Jan 31, 2011
babymama wrote:
Wow are you guys serious this boy was beat stabbed and left for dead. This was murder nothing less
Read the Coroner's report. He was beaten and left beside the road, near a bridge. His injuries were abrasions and bruises, NO internal injuries, No Stabbing! He died from apirating his stomach contents into his lungs, plus, he suffered from hypothermia because it was cold that night. Fact is, he choked his own breath with his own vomit from drinking too much and getting in a fight with his friends at a party and they left him. One guy is charged with manslaughter for leaving him there.
HuhHuh

Lillington, NC

#9 Feb 1, 2011
Ghost Dog wrote:
One guy is charged with manslaughter for leaving him there.
Not their problem. Not guilty.
Ghost Dog

Franklin, NC

#10 Feb 1, 2011
HuhHuh wrote:
<quoted text>
Not their problem. Not guilty.
When you throw your drunk friend out on the side of the road, you are responsible for him, especially when he has passed out and was beaten up. They could easily have dropped him off at a hospital emergency room and fled like the cowardly rednecks they are but they chose to dump him on the side of the road, prison is what they deserve!
HuhHuh

Lillington, NC

#11 Feb 1, 2011
Ghost Dog wrote:
<quoted text>When you throw your drunk friend out on the side of the road, you are responsible for him, especially when he has passed out and was beaten up. They could easily have dropped him off at a hospital emergency room and fled like the cowardly rednecks they are but they chose to dump him on the side of the road, prison is what they deserve!
Clearly we have differing viewpoints. I look forward to meeting the likes of you on jury duty one day.
babymama

Brevard, NC

#12 Feb 1, 2011
Ghost Dog wrote:
<quoted text>Read the Coroner's report. He was beaten and left beside the road, near a bridge. His injuries were abrasions and bruises, NO internal injuries, No Stabbing! He died from apirating his stomach contents into his lungs, plus, he suffered from hypothermia because it was cold that night. Fact is, he choked his own breath with his own vomit from drinking too much and getting in a fight with his friends at a party and they left him. One guy is charged with manslaughter for leaving him there.
There is more to it then that I know this from some of the kids who were there the whole story isn't being told however a young man is still dead the fire department who responded to the call where his body was found said they couldn't even tell if he was male or female from his face from being beat so bad I think there is a cover up happening so you believe what you want I will believe what I want
Ghost Dog

Franklin, NC

#13 Feb 1, 2011
babymama wrote:
<quoted text>
There is more to it then that I know this from some of the kids who were there the whole story isn't being told however a young man is still dead the fire department who responded to the call where his body was found said they couldn't even tell if he was male or female from his face from being beat so bad I think there is a cover up happening so you believe what you want I will believe what I want
Exactly as it was reported and I said, he was beaten at a drunken party with friends and they left him on the side of the road, in freezing weather, to die, that is what happened, so, what is your story? What is the cover story/lies being told to defend the ones who beat him and left him to die in the cold on the side of the road instead of calling 911 or droping him off somewhere wher he could be helped? Why do you defend participants in a criminal act?
HuhHuh

Lillington, NC

#14 Feb 1, 2011
Ghost Dog wrote:
Why do you defend participants in a criminal act?
Because it's an integral part of our judicial system? Oh, crap, I'm starting to sound like some creep on this forum. I've got to get out of this city.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#15 Feb 1, 2011
Truthseeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I completely agree Ghost Dog. Yes, it's tragic to lose any young person but this clearly isn't a case of someone being beaten to death. I've thought for years that alcohol should be much more closely monitored.
Any idiots that are really stupid enough to believe that alcohol beat this child, okay. The dumbass that had the party should have alcohol poured down his throat, be beaten over and over, have his clothes taken and be left in a pig lot in freezing temperatures. Think he's out on bail. Could happen. After all, it would certainly be an accident. You junkies need to quit smoking so much marijuana. You can't afford to lose any more brain cells.
mos 13B10

United States

#16 Feb 2, 2011
HuhHuh wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it's an integral part of our judicial system? Oh, crap, I'm starting to sound like some creep on this forum. I've got to get out of this city.
hmmmmmmmm.........starting to?
;-p
babymama

Brevard, NC

#20 Feb 8, 2011
Truthseeker wrote:
<quoted text>How does minor & superficial bruising & abrasions lead to beaten so bad they couldn't tell if he was male or female? Sounds a little ridiculous to me.
Did you see him because my friends did the whole story isn't being released you believe what you want I'll believe what I want God is the main one who knows what happened he will take care of it in the end so you have a bless life
Ghost Dog

Franklin, NC

#21 Feb 8, 2011
babymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you see him because my friends did the whole story isn't being released you believe what you want I'll believe what I want God is the main one who knows what happened he will take care of it in the end so you have a bless life
The Coroner's report said minor bruises and abrasions with NO internal injuries. He was stripped and left naked to die of exposure and drunkeness. Cause of death, "death by aspirating into his lungs", ie, he puked and breathed it into his lungs, therefore suffocating himself with his own puke after being left on the side of the road by his "drinking buddies"!
HuhHuh

Lillington, NC

#23 Feb 9, 2011
Ghost Dog wrote:
<quoted text>The Coroner's report said minor bruises and abrasions with NO internal injuries. He was stripped and left naked to die of exposure and drunkeness. Cause of death, "death by aspirating into his lungs", ie, he puked and breathed it into his lungs, therefore suffocating himself with his own puke after being left on the side of the road by his "drinking buddies"!
So the kid was careless and drunk. Chalk it up to another antialcoholism ad we'll see over the next few years.
Ghost Dog

Franklin, NC

#24 Feb 9, 2011
HuhHuh wrote:
<quoted text>
So the kid was careless and drunk. Chalk it up to another antialcoholism ad we'll see over the next few years.
The issue here is that his so-called friends who were drinking with him, beat him up and dumped him on the side of the road with no concern about what would happen to him. They left him in a drunken stuper, passed out, beaten up and took most of his clothes on a very cold night. How hard would it have been for them to dump him at McDonald's, a hospital, his home, ring the doorbell and run?
Ghost Dog

Franklin, NC

#26 Feb 9, 2011
Truthseeker wrote:
<quoted text>
He was in more than one fight that night before he arrived at the party.
So? They still dumped him like a used McDonald's bag on the side of the road, therefore, they are responsible for his death, negligent or deliberate.
med doc

Brevard, NC

#27 Feb 9, 2011
Ghost Dog wrote:
<quoted text>The Coroner's report said minor bruises and abrasions with NO internal injuries. He was stripped and left naked to die of exposure and drunkeness. Cause of death, "death by aspirating into his lungs", ie, he puked and breathed it into his lungs, therefore suffocating himself with his own puke after being left on the side of the road by his "drinking buddies"!
you seam to be getting off on the fact that he aspirated. thats funny that the cheif medical examiner ruled it a homicide. obviously there was more to it. you and truth seeker only wish to put doubt in every ones minds. good luck but FACT is FACT and you cant change the fact that these people are cowards their parents are cowards.funny thing the car they was in was impounded for several weeks due to the amout of blood found in it. if it was just aspirating then there wouldnt been blood all over the car.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Horse Shoe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
E. Dorsey (Dec '14) Jun 3 Haha 3
Drugs in Flat Rock NC (Feb '09) Apr '16 Telling you 2
Hookers in Hendo (Apr '12) Apr '16 Telling you 4
News Fallout from North Carolina LGBT law worries sm... Apr '16 Curmudgeon Patrol 1
what do you think about dss workers doing drugs (Jan '12) Apr '16 Makes me sick 2
no one up here uses Topix Why ? (Nov '15) Mar '16 For real 4
News Absent Henderson County sheriff nears deadline (Dec '11) Mar '16 just saying 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Horse Shoe Mortgages