condeming homosexuality
First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Jesus Bash

Nashville, TN

#1 Jan 16, 2010
Of all the horrible things that people do in this world, and you people continue to blast homosexuals as often as possible. I don't give a crap what you think you're Bible wants, leave people's personal lives alone. Jesus Christ, do you really think that having sexual relations with someone of the same sex puts them in the same category as murders and rapists? If so, you are the ones who really need the prayer. You people are supposed to be all about love, but you refuse to open your eyes to other people's definition of the word.
SISTER LOU

Glasgow, KY

#2 Jan 16, 2010
BOY...THAT REALLY MUST HAVE STRUCK A NERVE WITH YOU!!! THE WORD TEACHES US THAT ONE SIN IS THE SAME AS ANOTHER. THERE ARE NO BIG SINS AND NO LITTLE SINS. YOU BREAK ONE, YOU MIGHT AS WELL BREAK THEM ALL BECAUSE YOU ARE JUST AS GUILTY.
JAMES 2:10 "FOR WHOSOEVER SHALL KEEP THE WHOLE LAW, AND YET OFFEND IN ONE POINT, HE IS GUILTY OF ALL."
JAMES 2:11 "FOR HE THAT SAID, DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, SAID ALSO, DO NOT KILL..."
GOD BE WITH YOU!!!
REV WHO

Murfreesboro, TN

#3 Jan 16, 2010
DEAR MR. BASH,MAYBE IF YOU OPENED YOUR EYES,YOU WOULD SEE GODS DEFINITION OF THE WORD,LOVE.NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY, YOU CANT CONFORM GODS WORD TO FIT YOUR LIFE,YOU HAVE TO CONFORM YOUR LIFE TO FIT HIS WORD.BY THIS I MEAN,WE HAVE TO LIVE OUR LIFE BY HIS STANDARDS NOT OUR OWN.YOU MAY THINK YOU ARE A GOOD PERSON BY YOUR STANDARDS,BUT BY GODS YOU MAY NOT BE.MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND KEEP YOU.
Jesus Bash

Nashville, TN

#4 Jan 16, 2010
So in other words, since a person is gay, they might as well go knock off a bank and kill a few people because they are going to hell anyway? Please! It is simply another form of bigotry. The same thing that has held back people of different color, sex, and belief for years.

To say that being gay, or even a sin such as telling a lie, is just as bad as murder or rape is sickening. Even some of the hardcore Bible thumpers cannot believe that garbage.
Jesus Bash

Nashville, TN

#5 Jan 16, 2010
Oh, and to Rev Who, I will do my best to live a good and happy life. And that's all that matters. I do not have to conform to anyone else's ideas. I can respect others ideas, when they decided to give the same in return. Trust me, I know how the church and church goers feel about homosexuals, and they are no different than the Klan in my eyes.
SISTER LOU

Glasgow, KY

#6 Jan 16, 2010
GOOD EVENING MR. BASH,

If you are not pleased with GOD'S law then you should take that up with GOD!

As for as being gay, well,...GOD made ADAM and EVE,not ADAM and STEVE! Don't you think HE had in mind for man and woman to be together, not man and man, or woman and woman?Stands to reason to me thats what HE meant!

MAY GOD ALWAYS BE WITH YOU!!!
Jesus Bash

Nashville, TN

#7 Jan 16, 2010
Somehow I expected a better comment than the old Adam and Steve thing. I could care less what God thinks about being gay. It is one of those so-called sins that hurts no one. I know gay couples who have been together for over thirty years happily. Then I see that most of my straight friends can't hold together a relationship for more than a few months and be faithful. And yet it's the gays going to hell?

You completely dismissed everything I said in my last post to try to be witty with a prejudice comment.But again I ask, do you honestly consider gays in the same boats as killers and rapists?

Another question. What happens it you would have had a child who came to you and said he or she was gay? Disown them? Electro shock? Christians have been known to love that last one.
REV WHO

Murfreesboro, TN

#8 Jan 16, 2010
dear mr. bash,

like sister lou said,if you dont like what the bible says take it up with God.the lifestyle you or anyone else leads is up to you/them,i totally respect that. but as the old saying goes,you do the crime/you do the time.every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that he is lord,even you mr. bash.we will all pay for our sins,me, you and every other person living or that has ever lived.all i can say is good luck when you meet the lord,everyone will pay the piper.
REV WHO

Murfreesboro, TN

#9 Jan 16, 2010
dear mr bash,

you are the one who completely dismisses what anyone else says.you completely dismiss what the bible says.i am no ones judge,but to answer your question,sin is sin no matter how you look at it.but sin can be forgiven through repentance.as far as the kid thing goes, i have children.if one of them turned out to be gay,i would still love them just as much and would still be there for them.but i would not condoan their actions.
SISTER LOU

Glasgow, KY

#10 Jan 16, 2010
OF COURSE,If I had a child, and that child came to me and said," MOM, I AM GAY!" I would still love that child!You don't put away love just because they are different!You can't turn real love off like a water faucet! I have to say tho I would be disappointed in that child.A sin is a sin, no matter who commits it, even your own children!And then I would spend alot of time on my knees praying for that child, that he/she would turn their life over to GOD and live as GOD'S children should live!!!Now this goes for any sin,(stealing, murder,rapist,adultery),and so on!

I know, you have made it clear, that you do not believe in GOD or HIS WORD, that is your choice. That is between you and GOD.Me, it is my choice to believe EVERY ONE OF THE WORDS WRITTEN IN THE BIBLE AND LIVE BY THEM TO THE VERY BEST OF MY ABILITY! I cannot remove whatever words that you don't like in it to make you or anybody else more comfortable with it.You either have to take it all or none at all!It is your choice if you choose none at all! I WILL STAND ON HIS WORD NO MATTER WHO DISAGREES!!!

MAY GOD BE WITH YOU!!!
scoobie

Cave City, KY

#11 Jan 16, 2010
Jesus Bash wrote:
Of all the horrible things that people do in this world, and you people continue to blast homosexuals as often as possible. I don't give a crap what you think you're Bible wants, leave people's personal lives alone. Jesus Christ, do you really think that having sexual relations with someone of the same sex puts them in the same category as murders and rapists? If so, you are the ones who really need the prayer. You people are supposed to be all about love, but you refuse to open your eyes to other people's definition of the word.
other peoples definition of the word?....thats pretty laim....i mean,if somebody wants to be a homo...then let them be a homo....but if somebody wants to be a christian homo,well....then there lies the problem....i can beleive what i want and you can too,and on,an on, an on, an on..........but the bottom line is...if you want to follow the bible(if u dont,dont)...then its plain as day that God and jesus condem homosexuality...and in Gods eyes its the same as murder or rape...because God says no....there is NO private inturpitation of the bible...it says what it says....so if you want to play russian rullett then go ahead....i love God and his law and love what he has given little ol me...i bet he is pretty good to you too bash.
scoobie

Cave City, KY

#12 Jan 16, 2010
Jesus Bash wrote:
Somehow I expected a better comment than the old Adam and Steve thing. I could care less what God thinks about being gay. It is one of those so-called sins that hurts no one. I know gay couples who have been together for over thirty years happily. Then I see that most of my straight friends can't hold together a relationship for more than a few months and be faithful. And yet it's the gays going to hell?
You completely dismissed everything I said in my last post to try to be witty with a prejudice comment.But again I ask, do you honestly consider gays in the same boats as killers and rapists?
Another question. What happens it you would have had a child who came to you and said he or she was gay? Disown them? Electro shock? Christians have been known to love that last one.
and it sounds like yur unfaithful fornicatin friends are goin to hell too....i love everybody....and im far from pefect,so i gotta watch my own butt from time to time....God says fornicators,liers,murdurers,th eives,homosexuals,are hell bound(dont shoot the messenger)....and just because a man is attracted to another man doesnt give him the right to screw him,no more than it gives the right to a man mad enuff to kill....TO KILL!!...we need to quit bein candy's and take responsability for our actions....thats the way john wayne would do it!
SISTER LOU

Glasgow, KY

#13 Jan 16, 2010
AND FUTHERMORE, IT DOES NOT MATTER WHETHER I SAY YES I AGREE OR NO I DISAGREE!!! GOD WORD WILL NEVER CHANGE FOR NEITHER MAN NOR WOMAN!!! I COULD SAY I DISAGREE, BUT THAT WILL NOT CHANGE A THING! A SIN IS A SIN NO MATTER WHO SAYS IT IS NOT!!!IT IS GOD'S LAW, NOT YOUR LAW AND CERTAINLY NOT MY LAW!!! THAT ,MY FREIND, IS THE WAY IT IS!!!
GOD BE WITH YOU ALWAYS
Jesus Bash

Nashville, TN

#14 Jan 16, 2010
See, it's things like the Bible's demonizing of homosexuality that cause more rifts between people. Okay, there are plenty of gay people who do wonderful things and their only flaw seems to be that they are in love with someone of the same sex. So all the good they have done, no matter how great, is wiped out by who they chose to spend their life with? That's unfair. That's wrong. I believe in the good of people. Beliefs, sexual preference, or anything else be damned. And if God can truly tell me that that is the wrong mindset to have, I would gladly tell him he was mistaken. I may have come across as harsh on here before, mainly just to mess with people, but this is on a serious level. I could never worship a god who could be so unfair.

And as for the no sin worse than the other, I dare you to tell me that a woman who steals food to feed her children is on the same level as a man who rapes children. Guess it doesn't matter. By your definition, they will both burn in hell. No exception, right? There's nothing that says stealing is ok sometimes.
Kentucky Momma

Glasgow, KY

#15 Jan 16, 2010
Bash, wrong is wrong all the time and is never candy coated to fit our needs or wishes. Homosexuality is WRONG. Common sense even tells us this. God gave a man a penis and a woman a vagina. Get it. He did not give man a penis to go with a bunn hole. Just doesn't make sense. I am sorry that some people have deep seated problems and they lust after those of the same sex. The way to handle this is even tho you have the feelings you should be strong enough to overcome these feelings. Those who do not overcome these feelings are committing a sin just as the person who wants to kill someone and does it. Wrong is wrong whether you like it or not. Part of being a good person is being strong and overcoming the temptations of the body. That is real love that we can deny our desires for the edification of God and his holy word. I like to eat and if I overdo it it is a sin because it is not good for the temple(body) of the Holy Spirit. Sounds little but it is just as wrong as killing a person in God's eye. The only pardon we have against our sins and short comings is forgiveness. If we continue to do these things and do not ask for God's forgiveness and discontinue the sin, then our soul is in danger of hell. A person can be a good person but if they do not accept Jesus and they do not believe in the virgin birth of Jesus and the death, burial and resurrection and confess their sins then they will be in danger of hell. Good luck to you Mr. Bash and God bless you.
Jesus Bash

Nashville, TN

#16 Jan 16, 2010
What a prejudice thing to say. You just referred to all homosexuals as sick people. That it's just lust. Yet, there are loving homosexual couples who do more good than a church full of Bible thumpers. Even those who adopt children and give them the love that their mother and father did not. Because just because they had a penis and vagina, and they seemed to 'fit', those parents abandoned their child. How dare you refer to good men and woman in such a way and claim to believe in the 'Good' word. You may as well be using racial slurs. And if you are a minority, you should be even more ashamed.
Kentucky Momma

Glasgow, KY

#17 Jan 16, 2010
No sir, Mr. Bash whether you believe it or not Homosexuality is WRONG. Doing a good deed is not what makes a person good or bad but how they conduct their lives does. I did not say they were sick people I only said they had a problem. Why do you insist on calling Christians Bible thumpers? That is not exactly right either but I am not going to shoot you for saying it. I am only going to pray for you. Saying a person had a problem is NOT making racial slurs. I n case you don't know what a racial slur is Mr. Webster can tell you, just look it up. Good day
Jesus Bash

Nashville, TN

#18 Jan 16, 2010
I'd like to share some writing of Rev. Mel White, a man who has studied the Bible very closely. A man who believes that the Bible does not in fact condem homosexuality. And I am sure that when I share some of this, some of you will still believe what has been drilled in for years. But, even while I don't believe in religion, perhaps some of this will help you rethink some things. Topix will not allow too long of comments, so I must do this in a few posts.

'Many good people build their case against homosexuality almost entirely on the Bible. These folks value Scripture, and are serious about seeking its guidance in their lives. Unfortunately, many of them have never really studied what the Bible does and doesn't say about homosexuality.'
Jesus Bash

Nashville, TN

#19 Jan 16, 2010
Because the text says it is "natural" that a man and a woman come together to create a new life, some people think this means gay or lesbian couples are "unnatural." They read this interpretation into the text, even though the text is silent about all kinds of relationships that don't lead to having children:

* couples who are unable to have children
* couples who are too old to have children
* Anti-gay protestcouples who choose not to have children
* people who are single

Are these relationships (or lack of relationships) "unnatural"? There's nothing said here that condemns or approves the love that people of the same sex have for each other
Jesus Bash

Nashville, TN

#20 Jan 16, 2010
Some people say the city of Sodom was destroyed because it was overrun by sexually obsessed homosexuals. In fact, the city of Sodom had been doomed to destruction long before. So what is this passage really about?

Jesus and five Old Testament prophets all speak of the sins that led to the destruction of Sodom -- and not one of them mentions homosexuality. Even Billy Graham doesn't mention homosexuality when he preaches on Sodom.

Listen to what Ezekiel 16:48-49 tell us: "This is the sin of Sodom; she and her suburbs had pride, excess of food, and prosperous ease, but did not help or encourage the poor and needy. They were arrogant and this was abominable in God's eyes."

Today, heterosexuals and homosexuals alike do well to remember that we break God's heart when we spend all we earn on ourselves, when we forget the poor and hungry, when we refuse to do justice or show mercy, when we leave strangers at the gate.

I admit, there are a lot of gay folk who are Sodomites (and a lot of straight folk as well). Sodomites are rich and don't share what they have with the poor. Sodomites have plenty and want more.

The sexual act that occurs in the story of Sodom is a gang rape -- and homosexuals oppose gang rape as much as anyone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Horse Cave Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Adult bookstore (Feb '16) 11 min Curious couple 159
Dart stud 6 hr No way 4
horse cave bookstore (Oct '17) 15 hr MrBig 39
Time for henry to get indicted Wed Linda 45
Caverna youth league Tue Concerned parents 5
Robert Davis? Tue Concerned parents 4
Hopeful mayor Tue Ellis Pitchford 9

Horse Cave Jobs

Personal Finance

Horse Cave Mortgages