Famous people from hart county?
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Person

Glasgow, KY

#21 Aug 26, 2012
The lady that has written several books exposing some of the Amish customs, I believe her last name is Garrett (may have that spelled wrong), was living in Hart County the last time I heard. I believe she still lives there. She wasn't born there but moved there after marrying her "English" husband. I believe her first name is Irene. Anyway, she is banned by the Amish including her own family. She really doesn't say very many bad things about the Amish in her books. I know a lot more that they do that she could have said and I'm not even Amish. IMO she probably still has hopes that she can get back with her family and doesn't want to say all that she could say. She was on TV not long ago, can't remember which show, and is helping other Amish that want to leave the Amish. I believe nearly all her books has been written while she was living in Hart County.
Well

Glasgow, KY

#23 Aug 29, 2012
Odell Martin , what he has done for the city of Horse Cave.......
Person

Glasgow, KY

#24 Aug 31, 2012
huh wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't really mean any offense to your comments but if you cannot remember her name or any concrete details about her, then she is NOT famous. One of the rules for fame is that people know who you are when your name is spoken. How far and wide you go and are known by your name indicates how famous you are. If the person you are referring to WAS famous you could (a) remember her full name and (b) we would know who you were talking about without any description. Thanks for plyaing, though.
OK, her name is Ruth Irene Garrett and you can do a search on the Internet and see that she is probably better known than several of the people already mentioned. She wasn't born in Hart County but she has lived there for the last 10 or so years. It has been awhile since I read one of her books and just didn't remember her name. Her books are available at most libraries, not sure about the one in Horse Cave since they don't have much to choose from.
Clyde W

Glasgow, KY

#26 Aug 31, 2012
The Trojan man lived in horse cave.
History

Glasgow, KY

#27 Aug 31, 2012
Hard-Times Henry. They named Henrytown after him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Horse Cave Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brina Nie 3 hr Probably 38
Why did he come back?! 4 hr Z 9
Leaving Your Wife When She's Pregant. 13 hr Iknowyou 16
Caverna youth league 16 hr Mom 2
Adult bookstore (Feb '16) 22 hr Bicurious Man 165
Dart stud Sun Honestly 9
horse cave bookstore (Oct '17) Sat dirty old doc 48

Horse Cave Jobs

Personal Finance

Horse Cave Mortgages