Train Wreck

Glasgow, KY

#1 Sep 7, 2010
What ever happened to the agent orange buried on a knob in Horse Cave.Strange how many poeple have cancer?
im just saying

Glasgow, KY

#2 Sep 7, 2010
thought this was interesting

Kentucky

Dates: 1945
Project Description: In 1945, a special project known as Sphinx was conducted jointly by CWS and the ARML to investigate the use of chemical agents for increasing the flammability of vegetation prior to flame attack.
Agents: Various
DoD Involvement: Yes
Mee

Louisville, KY

#3 Sep 7, 2010
Train Wreck wrote:
What ever happened to the agent orange buried on a knob in Horse Cave.Strange how many poeple have cancer?
I and my family, in-laws, out-laws, etc. have lived around Horse Cave since the early 1900's, and I never heard this story before. I'm not saying it's not true. I will agree that a lot of people in and around Horse Cave do/have had cancer. Might it not have more to do with the caves and sink holes in the region, rather than chemicals buried by the railroad or the feds? There's no telling what kind of cover-ups have taken place. I'm just asking. Good fodder for a movie, huh?

“Be true to yourself....”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#4 Sep 11, 2010
I have heard of this before. I believe that at one time there was a topic on here about it that was pretty long and detailed. I have not seen it in a while though.
Irritated

Glasgow, KY

#5 Sep 12, 2010
The railroad did bury agent orange back years ago because they buried it on my uncle's farm and he and his son both died from cancer and my cousin's wife also has cancer.
Some of the stuff was buried on the farm owned by Albert Wilkins.
Alienated

Cave City, KY

#6 Sep 12, 2010
My brother served in Vietnam during the war and was exposed to Agent Orange many times. When he came home he had sores, mostly on his legs, that the doctors could not heal and my brother always blaimed it on Agent Orange. He was never as healthy after he finished his military duty as he had been before he went in. The doctors that he went to, mostly military doctors, never would say that they believed his health issues were caused by Agent Orange. My brother always believed they knew the truth but were covering it up. He did die from cancer but he was a heavy smoker and it was lung cancer so it would be hard to put the blaim on Agent Orange there. I do know of several people in the area that have either died from cancer or have it now and it does make you wonder. Most of the ones I know though have a very poor diet (junk food junkies)and wouldn't change no matter what. You've got to feed your body good food in order to help it heal itself. MDs know very little about nutrition and most don't seem to care whether their patients are eating right or not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Horse Cave Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will Dart Container become unionized? 4 hr Jay Jay 10
Judge Reed (Jul '14) Thu randy logsdon 12
Nathaniel Turner and Jennie Adams Thu #andheishot 12
Horse cave adult book store right now (Jul '14) Thu Wildamore 357
C. Cable Nov 30 Dart 1
Jennie Adams at Dart (Mar '14) Nov 29 Surprised 6
Jennie Adams (Apr '13) Nov 29 Surprised 14

Horse Cave Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance