Glasgow, KY

#1 Nov 4, 2008
Who won the election anyone know?
SanfordT

Greenville, IN

#2 Nov 4, 2008
ohmy wrote:
Who won the election anyone know?
Randall Curry got the most votes then Sue Nunn!!!! Also incumbent David Lindsey won his bid.

We have two new members, Jason England and Joanne Smith. I hope with Miss Smith on the council she and Odell do not use the monthly city council meeting as their battle ground.
OHNO

Glasgow, KY

#4 Nov 4, 2008
IT GOING TO BE A WAR!!!!
JS HAS GOT HER BANDWAGON GOING
RC,SN,DL,
WATCH OUT ODELL!!!
ohmy

Glasgow, KY

#5 Nov 4, 2008
Who is thw sixth person?
ohmy

Glasgow, KY

#6 Nov 4, 2008
excuse me I mean the instead of thw. sorry
trigger

Glasgow, KY

#7 Nov 4, 2008
OHNO wrote:
IT GOING TO BE A WAR!!!!
JS HAS GOT HER BANDWAGON GOING
RC,SN,DL,
WATCH OUT ODELL!!!
I hope they donot take that type of approach, how childish and totlly immature out of 2 educated adults. That's all Horse Cave needs, and also let's all try to get along with each other for the sake of the community. Put aside your personal issues and focus on the things that need to be done.
SanfordT

Greenville, IN

#8 Nov 4, 2008
I am afraid the council sessions will turn into a battle each month.. I sill can not understand how Smith got elected. People know she is at way with Odell plus...she is SUEING the city!!!!! Shouldn't that be a conflict of interest?
OHNO

Glasgow, KY

#9 Nov 4, 2008
I DIDNT VOTE FOR HER BECAUSE IF SHE WINS HER CASE (WE) THE TAX PAYER WILL BE TAKING CARE OF HER BILL!!!(so what were you ppl thinking)
i do not think so

Glasgow, KY

#10 Nov 4, 2008
SanfordT wrote:
I am afraid the council sessions will turn into a battle each month.. I sill can not understand how Smith got elected. People know she is at way with Odell plus...she is SUEING the city!!!!! Shouldn't that be a conflict of interest?
I thought she was suing Odell not the city! Odell is telling everybody that it is the city instead of him.
SanfordT

Greenville, IN

#11 Nov 4, 2008
She is sueing the city. Odell said the things he said as Mayor so she is sueing the city. Her cronies wanted everyone to think she was just sueing Odell but that is not the case. Go as a council member. Go ask to look at the lawsuite!
bee

Glasgow, KY

#12 Nov 4, 2008
who is the other council member?
so what

Centerville, TX

#13 Nov 4, 2008
Odel has spent all his term so far blaming the previous mayor now city council member for every thing but global warming. All he will be remembered for is a vacant lot, and refusing to work with the current council, it must be a control issue, he must have forgotten he is a mayor not King. JS will stand up to him but it makes you wonder how JE could get elected did't anyone else run?
SanfordT

Greenville, IN

#14 Nov 4, 2008
so what wrote:
Odel has spent all his term so far blaming the previous mayor now city council member for every thing but global warming. All he will be remembered for is a vacant lot, and refusing to work with the current council, it must be a control issue, he must have forgotten he is a mayor not King. JS will stand up to him but it makes you wonder how JE could get elected did't anyone else run?
I think between her and Odell HC's council meetings will turn into a joke. She wa WAY down the list on who got elected, just goes to show some people really don't care about Horse Cave at all
enigma

Glasgow, KY

#15 Nov 5, 2008
SanfordT wrote:
I'm sure those against Martin voted her in just to see the crap hit the fan.

And if she is suing the city and/or Odell that should be considered a conflict of interest.
curious

Glasgow, KY

#16 Nov 5, 2008
This may sound crazy but I like them both!Joann seemed to have been better at helping new business come to town where as Odel has done a great job making the town look nicer and cleaner.I don't know about you people but I am glad to see that eye sore of a house beside the tracks gone!I got sick of watching those dogs get it on everytime I drove by!
Patty

Glasgow, KY

#17 Nov 6, 2008
Each one of the council members need to put their personal battles to the side and act like the adults they're supposed to be.
I believe that Odell has had some good opinions and that JoAnn has had some good opinions as well,
They are 2 educated and mature people and should take their years of wisdom and use it for the good of Horse Cave.
Good Luck to the rest of the council members having to keep them in line during the meetings.
Put David Lindsey in charge of keeping order,
Didn't he use to be a judge or teacher or something, either way he should have the experience and know how.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#18 Nov 6, 2008
Patty wrote:
Each one of the council members need to put their personal battles to the side and act like the adults they're supposed to be.
I believe that Odell has had some good opinions and that JoAnn has had some good opinions as well,
They are 2 educated and mature people and should take their years of wisdom and use it for the good of Horse Cave.
Good Luck to the rest of the council members having to keep them in line during the meetings.
Put David Lindsey in charge of keeping order,
Didn't he use to be a judge or teacher or something, either way he should have the experience and know how.
I sure hope they will keep things civil. Smith should have waited 2 more years before she got back into politics. She told me that Odell forced her to run. Why does she see it that way? Believe me, I will ask her face to face. I understand that Odell and her would get into it in the past. I just hope Horse Cave does not turn into a laughing stock Like Cave City did. By the way those in CC that caused CC to be a laughing stock are no longer on the council. We do not need this drama.
Susan Ward

Glasgow, KY

#19 Nov 8, 2008
OHNO wrote:
I DIDNT VOTE FOR HER BECAUSE IF SHE WINS HER CASE (WE) THE TAX PAYER WILL BE TAKING CARE OF HER BILL!!!(so what were you ppl thinking)
One reason why I didn't vote for her. She is sueing to get tax payer money for herself. Greed.
Patty

Glasgow, KY

#20 Nov 8, 2008
The reason I voted for her is so the city council will have someone with some strong back bone to stand up to martin,
He has had some good intentions, but mannerism means a lot.

Maybe with her being on the city council she will be able to put some things behind her.,
Who knows??
Goose and Gander

Glasgow, KY

#21 Nov 8, 2008
Well, the way I see it is he served on the council while she was Mayor. Now why can't she serve as a council member while he is Mayor?? What's fair for the goose is fair for the gander.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Horse Cave Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Adult bookstore (Feb '16) 10 min Blueball 168
Dart stud 3 hr Really 17
Constable 11 hr Paul 4
Hopeful mayor 18 hr Connie 14
horse cave bookstore (Oct '17) 21 hr Jeremy 49
Caverna high school Wed Curious 1
Shane Moran Tue Wannakno 1

Horse Cave Jobs

Personal Finance

Horse Cave Mortgages