cord of three

Posted in the Horse Cave Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of44
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
fan

Horse Cave, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Aug 15, 2008
 
Is the group Cord of Three still together? I used to hear where they were going to be playing and I have not heard anything for quite some time. Robbie, Randal, Mike and the rest are great, I would love to see them perform again soon.
Insane in the Membrane

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Aug 24, 2008
 
I hope they are still together.. .let me know thier next show.. ill whip mike ballards A$$
Fan

Murfreesboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 24, 2008
 
Does anyone know what Randal's last name is? I'm sure I know him from somewhere. He looks so familiar.
the right stuff

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Aug 25, 2008
 
does anyone know billy stover at dart
KyDude

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Aug 25, 2008
 
i know randal got married 2 mikeals sister a few months back.. i cant think of his last name for nothing though..
fan

Horse Cave, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Aug 25, 2008
 
www.myspace.com/mycord3 you can check out their myspace and read all about them. Randall's last name is Erskine
lol

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Sep 11, 2008
 
i heard this guy named steve jewell is playing guitar for them. ive heard him play the drums before. his dad is steve jewell to. his son tho is pretty awsume
Black Chick

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Sep 13, 2008
 
Still together adn playing at the heritage festival on the 20th at 6:30 so be there support the local talent.
Cheeto

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Oct 7, 2008
 
Steve Allen no longer plays with Cord of 3 anymore. But they're all still friends. And "Fan" what's your name? He's my husband and he'll probably remember you. He's good at that kinda thing. I'm awful with names. And "Insane" good luck with that. My brother has the worst temper I've ever seen other than mine.
Jennifer

Osage City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Oct 8, 2008
 

Judged:

3

1

They aren't a good band.
MercyMe

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Oct 8, 2008
 
Cheeto wrote:
Steve Allen no longer plays with Cord of 3 anymore. But they're all still friends. And "Fan" what's your name? He's my husband and he'll probably remember you. He's good at that kinda thing. I'm awful with names. And "Insane" good luck with that. My brother has the worst temper I've ever seen other than mine.
aww steve isnt playing with them? man that sucks. he is a really kool guy and musician. saw him this past weekend play in cave city with his dads band. he is a pretty good guitarists. i think that was his dad he played with but i dont kno. man...should have kept him lol. wish you guys the best. get another home show. i missed the one at the heritage festival. what happend with steve?
bootyyyy

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Oct 8, 2008
 

Judged:

1

I don't like this band at all. They might have a good message but all they play is heavy metal racket. It's almost Satenish. What's the message they are trying to convey?
Incessant_circle s

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Oct 8, 2008
 
bootyyyy wrote:
I don't like this band at all. They might have a good message but all they play is heavy metal racket. It's almost Satenish. What's the message they are trying to convey?
Hey that's cool if they're not your cup of tea, but psalm 150 said to praise Him with EVERYTHING. And that's how Cord of 3 chooses to worship God, and i think they are probably one of the best local band's we have around here (Christian and secular alike) It sounds satanic? Come on now, open your mind; do you have to play a piano and a banjo to play Christian music now? I don't think so, so don't cut em down just because you prefer different sounds. I get their messages plain and clear.
heather

Horse Cave, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Oct 9, 2008
 

Judged:

1

it's like Christian rock.
& Jennifer hates anything religious.
Jennifer

Osage City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Oct 9, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

1

bootyyyy wrote:
I don't like this band at all. They might have a good message but all they play is heavy metal racket. It's almost Satenish. What's the message they are trying to convey?
Christian metal bands are an oxymoron. I mean metal isn't satanic music. I mean we figured that one out after the nineteen eighties. However, your great metal gods like Ozzy, Deo, Blue Oyster Cult, Iron Maiden, etc, were no choir boys. Deo brought about "devil horns", ozzy pissed on the Alamo and bit the head off of a real bat on stage, Iron Maiden sang about satan and prostitutes, and Blue Oyster Cult well, the word Cult should be enough to make some Christians cringe. Lets not forget Motley Crue and Kiss were bands people were SURE were satanists.

When I see a christian metal band I think it's a slap in the face to all the true metal fans out there. Speaking as a metal fan myself. It's lame. Even though we don't worship satan..we enjoy music with satanic undertones because it's funny.
wtc

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Oct 9, 2008
 
It doesn't sound very pretty though. What's the reason for it if you don't like all of the screaming.
doublemint twin

Cub Run, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Oct 9, 2008
 

Judged:

1

okay guys.. now come on.. everyone is different with the music that they like.. if you wanna hear the gathers play (who by the way are old timey gospel singers) then good for you. Cord of 3 is simply expressing the word of God through a different musical tone. Probably one of the main reasons is so they can reach out to those who enjoy rock, not to mention it is probably their favorite variety. And if you think these guys are playing "satanic music" maybe you should listen to the lyrics.. it could solve the problem, but hey.. thats just me talking!
you guys are awesome.. keep spreading the Gospel!
Jennifer

Osage City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Oct 9, 2008
 

Judged:

3

1

1

Why the hell would I have said Deo? GEEZ. lol. That's not even how you spell his name hahaha. Brain fart? The god of metal should strike me down for that haha. OMG

The christian metal band as an oxymoron still stands though. Christian music should stay with the churchy stuff. I see those advertisements on tv..you know that song..."I can only imagine" blah blah. Yeah...it's not metal but seriously I don't see how the crowd is standing around for that crap. I'd be so out of there in a second.
incessant_circle s

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Oct 9, 2008
 
Jennifer wrote:
Why the hell would I have said Deo? GEEZ. lol. That's not even how you spell his name hahaha. Brain fart? The god of metal should strike me down for that haha. OMG
The christian metal band as an oxymoron still stands though. Christian music should stay with the churchy stuff. I see those advertisements on tv..you know that song..."I can only imagine" blah blah. Yeah...it's not metal but seriously I don't see how the crowd is standing around for that crap. I'd be so out of there in a second.
oxymoron? So i guess you think black ppl should still be slaves eh? Music is about expression, and Cord of 3 is expression. And who are you to even THINK about judging what metal is or isnt? Do you write it? Produce it? Play it? use and understand it? Did Cord of 3 even SAY THEY WERE METAL in the first place? I don't think so, you need to stare at the computer screen for a few more hours before you judge what is and isn't, or talk about what you THINK you know. We're all humans, with different messages to give, and different vessells and channels to express those messages through. Cord of 3 is what it is, leave it at that, they don't need or want your labels. I know a few of them, and they are amazing talented musicians, if you don't like it..get over it, and stop being mean, because i think Christian music is Christian music REGARDLESS of how it sounds, as long as it glorifies God, which is what Cord of 3 does. Thank you, and good night.
Jennifer

Osage City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Oct 9, 2008
 
incessant_circles wrote:
<quoted text>
oxymoron? So i guess you think black ppl should still be slaves eh? Music is about expression, and Cord of 3 is expression. And who are you to even THINK about judging what metal is or isnt? Do you write it? Produce it? Play it? use and understand it? Did Cord of 3 even SAY THEY WERE METAL in the first place? I don't think so, you need to stare at the computer screen for a few more hours before you judge what is and isn't, or talk about what you THINK you know. We're all humans, with different messages to give, and different vessells and channels to express those messages through. Cord of 3 is what it is, leave it at that, they don't need or want your labels. I know a few of them, and they are amazing talented musicians, if you don't like it..get over it, and stop being mean, because i think Christian music is Christian music REGARDLESS of how it sounds, as long as it glorifies God, which is what Cord of 3 does. Thank you, and good night.
I wouldn't have liked them in the first place. I don't agree with the message they are trying to convey regardless of the art form. They were doomed by me from the start. I could care less what they consider themselves as. I can be mean or whatever I want. Go whaaaaa in your soda or something because I bet you aren't drinking beer!! Someone starts a band..they are subject to scrutiny and opinions. If YOU don't like it...get over it. I have a right to an opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of44
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Horse Cave Forum right now

Search the Horse Cave Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min American Lady 146,103
the wet vote (Nov '13) 6 min Mr Peabody 38
Darts new fire truck 31 min Donnie Parker 1
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 2 hr but now 81,566
drug dealers 2 hr crime 59
bring back odell 15 hr huh 29
couponing 16 hr Debblair 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Horse Cave Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Horse Cave People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Horse Cave News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Horse Cave
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••