kank

Glasgow, KY

#3 Aug 19, 2009
have the bands been announced?
city taxpayer

Glasgow, KY

#4 Aug 19, 2009
there are 27 music acts including three stages
one at the baptist church, one at the cave, and the other at the farm bureau-midway wholesale area. there will be all types of music at the baptist church, bluegrass at the cave, and gospel music at the farm bureau area stage.This is more music than we have had in years.
kank

Glasgow, KY

#5 Aug 19, 2009
thank you for the info, city taxpayer.
Fred Flinstone

Glasgow, KY

#6 Aug 20, 2009
i wonder if that homo from the cave museums band is gonna be there again. they SUCK! anyone know if clay underwood or the Heads will be there?
kat

Glasgow, KY

#7 Aug 20, 2009
igloo jhonson band. will be playing.the best band around.go see them when they play. i think you will like them.they put on a good show.love them a fan.
Snoop Double

Glasgow, KY

#8 Aug 20, 2009
when you all gonna gonna have some BLACK people playing music at heritage fest, or is this just a party for crackers?

we got djs rappers and even country singers and yet our heritage aint worthy of being mentioned. how about THAT HUH?
hang on

Glasgow, KY

#9 Aug 20, 2009
Snoop Double wrote:
when you all gonna gonna have some BLACK people playing music at heritage fest, or is this just a party for crackers?
we got djs rappers and even country singers and yet our heritage aint worthy of being mentioned. how about THAT HUH?
what the F. Player please yall get a whole month for your stuff so don't go there!
turdhead

Glasgow, KY

#10 Aug 20, 2009
Snoop Double wrote:
?
Mostly for crackers cause when you mention HO Down they think a sisters been shot.
Hey

Glasgow, KY

#11 Aug 20, 2009
Snoop Double wrote:
We see enough of your heritage on TV, you would think whites where the minority any more.
Snoop Double

Glasgow, KY

#12 Aug 20, 2009
hang on wrote:
<quoted text>
what the F. Player please yall get a whole month for your stuff so don't go there!
So you are sayin there wont be no props for the black people of Horse Cave? whats up with that? we dont all pick banjoes and smoke meth round here
Cowboy up

Glasgow, KY

#13 Aug 20, 2009
Hey wrote:
<quoted text> We see enough of your heritage on TV, you would think whites where the minority any more.
they are you didn't know that.There are more cross breds than true white anglo saxtons.
purple

Glasgow, KY

#14 Aug 20, 2009
Snoop Double wrote:
i agree with ya bro,it should be all black performers on the west main stage,lets have djs,rappers,michael gough,you know,what ever the public wants to hear,but lets have some black music for the black heritage,the way it stands now there is nothing at all the interests the black community at the heritage festival,lets change it this time.
scoobie

Munfordville, KY

#15 Aug 20, 2009
Snoop Double wrote:
hey buttmunch!...micheal goff rocks,and he's there almost every year...and did you say WE?....man you need to grow up...dj's suck,rappers suck....why dont you learn to play guitar...stop shootin off at the mouth...and go to the festival and tear down...put up or shut up wuss!
scoobie

Munfordville, KY

#16 Aug 20, 2009
purple wrote:
<quoted text>
i agree with ya bro,it should be all black performers on the west main stage,lets have djs,rappers,michael gough,you know,what ever the public wants to hear,but lets have some black music for the black heritage,the way it stands now there is nothing at all the interests the black community at the heritage festival,lets change it this time.
cry,cry,cry.....buy a guitar....buy a bass...learn to play something....then take over.....if all you can do is cry about things instead of taking the bull by the horns.....what good are you?...i love what the black culture brings to rock an roll....ohio players,sly,rufus,stevie wonder,ray charles,tina turner....all frikin awesome.....of corse you have to spend a few thousand dollars,spend the next 5 or 10 yrs practicing...and put everything else onthe backburner to make it happen....thats what it takes
purple

Glasgow, KY

#17 Aug 20, 2009
scoobie wrote:
<quoted text>cry,cry,cry.....buy a guitar....buy a bass...learn to play something....then take over.....if all you can do is cry about things instead of taking the bull by the horns.....what good are you?...i love what the black culture brings to rock an roll....ohio players,sly,rufus,stevie wonder,ray charles,tina turner....all frikin awesome.....of corse you have to spend a few thousand dollars,spend the next 5 or 10 yrs practicing...and put everything else onthe backburner to make it happen....thats what it takes
scoobie you idiot,go smoke you another doobie okay.the blacks dont like that kind of music anymore,they like rap,they like djs,give them what they want okay,well take a hit off that joint also.scoobies doobies
to tell the truth

Glasgow, KY

#18 Aug 21, 2009
city taxpayer wrote:
there are 27 music acts including three stages
one at the baptist church, one at the cave, and the other at the farm bureau-midway wholesale area. there will be all types of music at the baptist church, bluegrass at the cave, and gospel music at the farm bureau area stage.This is more music than we have had in years.
The reason there has not been more music, is because the city is paying Mr. Underwood about 5,000.00, and the budget for other bands is cut short. So they get these bands that no one has ever heard of, or a one man show, pay them a little of nothing, and the music sucks. Then the sound people get about 2,000.00 to run the equipment, and the ones running it don't have a clue how to do it. That's my opinion. They need to stick with local people that everyone knows, and likes. Country, Bluegrass, etc.
tired of this crap

Glasgow, KY

#19 Aug 21, 2009
to tell the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason there has not been more music, is because the city is paying Mr. Underwood about 5,000.00, and the budget for other bands is cut short. So they get these bands that no one has ever heard of, or a one man show, pay them a little of nothing, and the music sucks. Then the sound people get about 2,000.00 to run the equipment, and the ones running it don't have a clue how to do it. That's my opinion. They need to stick with local people that everyone knows, and likes. Country, Bluegrass, etc.
i know for a FACT that that guy who manages the cave pays HIMSELF big bucks for his crappy band to play! Hey Horse Cave, Black people live here too, so do their kids, do they have NO HERITAGE? I like a MIX of music, but you all every year forget that we arent just a WHITE PEOPLE town. Why does that cave guy get to pay himself in so many ways from the city's treasury? what makes him so special? im tired of this crap!
who

Glasgow, KY

#20 Aug 21, 2009
tired of this crap wrote:
<quoted text>i know for a FACT that that guy who manages the cave pays HIMSELF big bucks for his crappy band to play! Hey Horse Cave, Black people live here too, so do their kids, do they have NO HERITAGE? I like a MIX of music, but you all every year forget that we arent just a WHITE PEOPLE town. Why does that cave guy get to pay himself in so many ways from the city's treasury? what makes him so special? im tired of this crap!
You are 100% right, he does pay his band a high amount, and they suck. As far as the black heritage, I think that ought to be brought up before the board. You know it won't do any good though, because THEY don't like it, and it will be voted out because they don't. Personally, I hate rap, but I can't stand Clay Underwood either (that is my personal opinion) but he gets all this money like he is some big shot, when infact he is nothing more than a Hart Co. Boy. He ought to do it for what ever the rest of the bands get, wich is around 300.00 There is more to for lack of a better term, black music like jazz, regge (hope i spelled that right) pop, even African folk music (I guess that's what it's called) not all of it is rap.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Horse Cave Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
does anyone no crystal perkins or damon dale ch... (Jul '09) 56 min Knows 30
Teacher arrested police cover up 5 hr x too 4
teacher 7 hr Yup 13
Moms encouraging kids to date outside of race 8 hr Dude 9
Whitney Williams (May '16) 17 hr Date 14
Church Mon Why 4
Horse cave adult book store right now (Jul '14) Mon Hose lover 502

Horse Cave Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance