Josh Anderson Mayoral Candidate South...

Josh Anderson Mayoral Candidate Southaven

Posted in the Horn Lake Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Byram, MS

#1 Apr 23, 2013
This has been running through my mind for the last several weeks.
Why did he gey FIRED from the Southaven Fire Dept.
He might have gotten to resigned bt it was after they said resign or be fired.
I am going to verify but heard it had something to do with a young lady...
If anyone know please advise...
Josh Anderson

Memphis, TN

#2 Apr 24, 2013
This is Josh Anderson. First, I pray this is not a retaliation from my speech from last night and simply a concerned citizen. I like to approach these RUMORS head on. I did resign and did NOT get fired from Southaven Fire. In fact I keep my personnel records with me at all times for this reason. I will be glad to speak with you on the phone or even meet in person to show you and explain my reasons for leaving my post in the fire service. Furthermore, my resignation had nothing to do with any "lady". I look forward to an email to [email protected] where we might meet or speak on the matter.
walkindesoto

North Liberty, IA

#3 Apr 24, 2013
Why not discuss it in public. I have also heard the rumors about why he was fired. I have not heard anyone discuss it and have been curious as well. If rumors are just rumors, then clarify them in public instead of asking people to contact you directly. put the rumor to rest and let everyone know.

As a member of the Republican Club, I wish I was there last night to have heard your speech. I have been told it was very accusatory towards the current mayor and other candidates. I was not there so I did not hear it first hand but it would seem to me that if you choose to spread rumors in a speech then you should probably clarify your own if asked.
Anonymous

North Liberty, IA

#4 Apr 24, 2013
I wish that i could be in town to participate in our current elections. Being out of town for the past month and a half has put me at a disadvantage and I will admit, the only info that I am getting is through word of mouth and the internet, but I have been trying to find the answers to the many rumors that are going out there.

I for one am actually glad to see so many people active, but i hope that they actually get out and vote and make the changes they are wanting in all the cities in Desoto County.

Luckily I will be back for the general election and can participate and help to choose our leaders in Hernando
Josh Anderson

Memphis, TN

#5 Apr 24, 2013
A topix forum is no place to shoot down RUMORS - the story of my leaving the fire department had nothing to do with a lady but I did face a new administration with different values. So I offer myself to meet up or speak with ANYONE on this topic. Most people with something to hide do not offer that. I was NOT accusatory at all last night and in fact received praise for clearing the air on the matter. I merely cleared MY name after hearing all the RUMORS from citizens when I am out in the community. They were asking if I was involved as well. That is why I said these things...to SIMPLY CLEAR THE AIR. I don't know if it was true (as I stated last night)and as republicans I just wanted everyone to know what was being spread about US as a party. That is not accusatory. I have great respect for our candidates. Quite frankly I cannot understand why an individual from another party would give money to any republican with whom they are running against.
Josh Anderson

Memphis, TN

#6 Apr 24, 2013
walkindesoto wrote:
I wish that i could be in town to participate in our current elections. Being out of town for the past month and a half has put me at a disadvantage and I will admit, the only info that I am getting is through word of mouth and the internet, but I have been trying to find the answers to the many rumors that are going out there.
I for one am actually glad to see so many people active, but i hope that they actually get out and vote and make the changes they are wanting in all the cities in Desoto County.
Luckily I will be back for the general election and can participate and help to choose our leaders in Hernando
You seem like a concerned citizen and I would be honored to speak with you on this or any matter (even if you do not support me or my agenda).
SHS1985

Canton, MS

#7 Apr 24, 2013
If you are making the comments as you did last night, then you will fit right in with all other mud slinging politicians.....
One question didn't you threaten to sue the city over letting you go but then decided otherwise after meeting with mayor?? Just curious..

If Mayor Davis gave money it will be found out eventually.. But the way you have carried yourself at both question and answering events is sickening.. You act as if you know what it would take to run a city and you have NO CLUE..
Kind of like Colton Nelson wearing a josh Anderson sticker at a event where he could have spoke but did not..
But back to your resignation from the city, you state you have your records with you at all times.. Is it because you wanna show what you have and not what the city has??? Kind of suspicious to me..
Then just like a guilty person at Parchman prison you start by saying: I PRAY !!!!!

Get real you are doing nothing but taking away votes from good qualified candidates and if the people of Southaven chose you as mayor they might as well vote the whole board back in cause it will never get better.. You claim the mayor did so wrong,not once have you said the board did the voting to cause these city issues...

Re think your comments Mr. Anderson and if you can do nothing but accuse Mayor Davis, you might better put your big girl panties on and get ready!!!!!!
Josh Anderson

Memphis, TN

#8 Apr 24, 2013
I did no mudslinging last night. I never threatened to sue anyone. I handled myself at both events very well -as I have gained MANY supporters after the fact. These records I have ARE from the city! Signed by the CAO - please call him if you'd like. I am a good qualified candidate. I have NOT done ANY mudslinging (please show me where I have). And if you actually listened to me, the nyou would know I have, on many occasions held the board JUST as responsible. And I am thoroughly ready. Thank you! I still challenge a call or meeting with any of you. Politics is dirty and I have run a clean race regardless of what you have heard. Thank you.

SHS1985

Canton, MS

#9 Apr 24, 2013
Show the facts put it out there on the donation of money from Greg Davis to the TWO..

Something signed by Chris Wilson, oh okay gotta believe that's accurate then...don't know many people who carry their own records around with them to prove you RESIGNED!!!!
Kind of fishy too me!!!!!

You honestly remind me of a gutsy who ran for sheriff the last time.. He used bible verses and was so ready caused he owned a security company and past employee of DCSO and he got embarrassed..

Good luck in your race cause if you have gained supporters from your speeches then Southaven is going to have more problems....
Steve Hopkins

Collierville, TN

#10 Apr 24, 2013
I love how people are SO brave using anonymous names in these forums. If you have nothing to hide use your real name and state your facts! If not then one can deduce that you are someone who is on the staff of one of the other Candidates who has come in here for the sole purpose of lying about Josh.
Josh is the only candidate in this race who has had the backbone to face the current administrations problems head on, the other candidates are dancing around it like they are scared of mayor Davis and this voter thinks that is just sad.
SHS 1985

Jackson, MS

#11 Apr 24, 2013
Mr. Hopkins

Why don't you ask Josh if the board voted to fire him and then the MAYOR vetoed it to allow him to resign.. Lets see how he answers that..

I am not on anyone's campaign as a matter of fact I live outside the area.. But choose to comment cause Southaven was my hometown and its a shame what it's gone too!!!!!!!

I choose to hide my name to protect my family from idiots that would do anything during election year..

Kind of like backing Josh Anderson!!!!!
Steve Hopkins

Cordova, TN

#12 Apr 24, 2013
SHS 1985 wrote:
Mr. Hopkins
Why don't you ask Josh if the board voted to fire him and then the MAYOR vetoed it to allow him to resign.. Lets see how he answers that..
I am not on anyone's campaign as a matter of fact I live outside the area.. But choose to comment cause Southaven was my hometown and its a shame what it's gone too!!!!!!!
I choose to hide my name to protect my family from idiots that would do anything during election year..
Kind of like backing Josh Anderson!!!!!
You are very brave hiding in anonymity! Thanks for making my point for me! The shame of all of this is that the focus should be on defeating Greg Davis as opposed to giving him ammunition for the general election. There is no doubt in my mind that ALL of the candidates are a million times better than Greg Davis and WHOEVER wins the Republican primary will get my full support. So whoever you support at this point GREAT support them but use common sense and don't feed the opposition. And "SHS1985" stick to listening to Alex Jones his conspiracy theories make more sense than yours.
SHS1985

Jackson, MS

#13 Apr 25, 2013
Do you even know what your talking about?????

Did Josh get you to get on here and speak for him before the REAL truth comes out and he gets MAD!!!???

I mean he is not the only candidate lying..
One was a president of the southaven chamber but was writing checks for unknown reasons so stepped down!!!!!
Since you know so much figure that one out!!!!

You must need a job in his administration !!! Lol
Investigator

Corona Del Mar, CA

#14 Apr 25, 2013
I have talked with Josh Anderson about why he left the fire department and how he left. The rumors and gossip were cleared up when I talked with him. My question is, SHS1985, if you have so many questions then why not set up a meeting with Josh on the phone or in person and ask him these questions. Be a man about it. All I see is that you attack Josh for one small thing but you have yet to bring up the other candidates and their "skeletons in the closet". Lets touch base on those for a moment....

Of course, we all know Greg Davis's skeletons and frankly I am sick of them. He screwed up and needs to apologize and walk away with what dignity he still has left. It is a slap in the face for the citizens of Southaven to have him run for re-election.

Mark Gardner, now there is a piece of work. Cheated on his ex-wife with his current wife and is now cheating on this wife. Once a cheater always a cheater. Youtube is crawling with videos of him interviewing Greg Davis and publicly supporting Davis when he ran for Congress and for Mayor. Now, if anyone believes that he is not accepting money from Greg Davis or being in coherts with Davis, you are blind. If Gardner is elected Mayor then he will be a puppet for Davis and nothing will change. Also, on top of all of this, he is quitting the job that we as the people in the county elected him to do not a year ago. Is he going to quit the mayor job when/if something else comes up? That is a lot of skeletons to deal with.

Darren Musselwhite, Greg Davis's insurance agent. This man woke up one morning to a check of $15,000 from Greg Davis to run for Southaven Mayor. His hidden agenda, however, is that he wants the county supervisor position. Sounds to me that history is going to repeat itself. Years ago when Davis was a state represenative he ran for Southaven Mayor and was backed by a gentleman that wanted that represenative positoin. They both worked together to get Davis elected as mayor and then were supposed to get the other guy elected as state represenative. Musselwhite and Gardner are all working together with Davis to get what they want. They are smart in doing so, Davis knows how to win an election and knows a lot of people. The only problem is that the supporters for Davis are seeing the light. Sorry Musslewhite, your chances on county supervisor are looking slim.

Gerald Wheeler, a man of moral values and integrity? Someone needs to ask him about the large number of kids that he used to bully and beat up years ago. Yes that still haunts those kids today. Also, someone explain to me how someone of his physical condition can still be a police officer in the state of Mississippi? The state has minnimum physcal requirements for the officers throughout th state and I do not think he could run a mile and a half in 20 minutes or even 30 minutes. That tells me that the police department are forging the state documents to keep him certified. No wonder citizens do not trust the police department. More importantly, Wheeler stated in the beginning of his campaign that he does not want this job he us running because he was asked to run.

These are just a few of the candidates and their skeletons. It looks to me that they have more issues than what Josh Anderson has. As citizens we are to pick the best candidate for the job. According to this informatoin, Josh Anderson is the right choice. If you want proof of any of this info, ask the candidates or ask around town. This is a small town, people talk. You will find that this all is true and there are hidden agendas for everyone but Josh Anderson.
Truth only

United States

#15 Apr 25, 2013
How dare you accuse a man of cheating on his wife. You have no idea what you are talking about.
Investigator

Corona Del Mar, CA

#16 Apr 25, 2013
I have a name of the lady, I have pictures of them together and they are not just talking either. This is not an accusation, this is fact. He cheated once before and now he is doing it again. That man just never learns from his past mistakes. It disgusts me to know what he is doing behind his wife's back and he has the arrogance to ask for my vote on May 7th...I do not think so. You sound like one of those citizens that has had the wool pulled over there eyes. I bet you believe that the senior center is not being built because of the personal attack of the board towards the mayor. Blinded by all of the lies and manipulation. I have to give it to these candidates, they are good at brain washing.
Anonymous

Oakland, TN

#17 Apr 26, 2013
Josh Josh Josh you pour little thing wants to be Mayor so bad you will do anything to try and win, must be feeling the heat from the real candidates to post this garbage. People keep asking you to show the proof but all we get is more lip service. Show some proof or shut up!!
Investigator

Corona Del Mar, CA

#18 Apr 26, 2013
The proof will come out when the time is right. People will know the real reason Josh left the fire department, the truth about candidates accepting money from Greg Davis, the truth of an affair and the truth of who is working with who. Maybe after all this discussion about these "skeletons in the closet", Gerald Clifton or Kris Klass is the best choice for mayor.
UR A CROOK

Henderson, TN

#19 Apr 29, 2013
walkindesoto wrote:
Why not discuss it in public. I have also heard the rumors about why he was fired. I have not heard anyone discuss it and have been curious as well. If rumors are just rumors, then clarify them in public instead of asking people to contact you directly. put the rumor to rest and let everyone know.
As a member of the Republican Club, I wish I was there last night to have heard your speech. I have been told it was very accusatory towards the current mayor and other candidates. I was not there so I did not hear it first hand but it would seem to me that if you choose to spread rumors in a speech then you should probably clarify your own if asked.
Sounds like Greg Davis or one of his lackeys have made an appearance on TOPIX!!
Teacher2

Henderson, TN

#20 Apr 29, 2013
Investigator wrote:
I have a name of the lady, I have pictures of them together and they are not just talking either. This is not an accusation, this is fact. He cheated once before and now he is doing it again. That man just never learns from his past mistakes. It disgusts me to know what he is doing behind his wife's back and he has the arrogance to ask for my vote on May 7th...I do not think so. You sound like one of those citizens that has had the wool pulled over there eyes. I bet you believe that the senior center is not being built because of the personal attack of the board towards the mayor. Blinded by all of the lies and manipulation. I have to give it to these candidates, they are good at brain washing.
Umm, I worked with her and I KNOW it's true. Once a cheater, always a cheater...in relationships and the Mayor's office!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Horn Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Are The Southaven Police Too Rude?? (Jan '08) May 22 ConstitutionSouth... 334
Breanna Madero (Apr '14) May 22 JwL 3
perverted teachers at NWCC May 18 poppet14 1
News Man died of LSD toxicity after leaving Widespre... May 18 Lala 4
Looking for Relatives May 16 Guest 1
Swingers (Mar '11) May 14 texasghost 12
Why are people rude & ignorant in mississippi. (Sep '12) May 13 burnthestupids 20
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Horn Lake Mortgages