Neighbors renew call for East Side ba...

Neighbors renew call for East Side bar to move out

There are 131 comments on the El Paso Times story from Feb 10, 2011, titled Neighbors renew call for East Side bar to move out. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

After the shooting death of a soldier in the Three Legged Monkey's parking lot, East Side residents are renewing their call to push the bar out of the neighborhood.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

Craven Morehead

El Paso, TX

#42 Feb 11, 2011
El Cucuy wrote:
Crime rate is going up, and it is undeniably related to soldiers. Are we supposed to just look and see how are city goes into shambles? General: your leadership isn't working!
Your a genius....why don't we close down Ft. Bliss.....are you stupid or just plain ignorant?
ainpayin

El Paso, TX

#43 Feb 11, 2011
Yeah! Security cameras will stop someone from shooting another when they're drunk! That's what we should do!!!!
Heck wrote:
I am not a soldier. Nor am I defending the soldiers actions but these soliders fight for our freedoms and allow us to walk and speak freely in this world. Who knows what this soldier saw or dealt with while on tour. Fort Bliss needs to monitor these soldiers actions more carefully. Do I have the answer, no. As far as the 3 legged **** goes it has come a long way, it was ghetto when he (armstrong) opened the bar and I know he has cleaned up that place and has gotten rid of most want a be gansters. He needs security cameras. You would be amazed at overall decline in thefts, vandalisms, violence, etc.... cameras have on a business. People change under the scope. How about Armstrong hire off duty cops, they are allowed to work weddings, stores, parties, i don't know if they are allowed to work bars, this might curtail some of the violence. People forget they are attending a bar. Some people can't handle their liquor.

Since: Nov 10

United States

#44 Feb 11, 2011
Was this shooting and isolated shooting or is it a trend at his location?

Investing $10,000 in soundproofing
hiring secutiry guards
Even calling police for assistance.
As far as patrons parking on residential streets, thats not his problem but the sole responisiblity of the driver who is making the desicion to park in a residential neighborhod.

Sounds like Armstrong is doing everything within his power to comply with city oridnances to maintain his business.

In regards to those neighbors complaining aboutthe "boom, boom, boom," and having to take sleeping pills EVERY night to get some sleep.......

Have they filed complaints with the city against the Three Legged Monkey
Have they called police on a nightly basis?

If police find that the bar/club is not comitting a violation, then there's little they can do.

But to have to resort to sleeping pills just isn't a wise idea for one nights sleep that can result in a permanent sleep.
Craven Morehead

El Paso, TX

#45 Feb 11, 2011
Jake wrote:
Don't blame Ft. Bliss, blame the idiots who do this stuff.
You got that right Jake! People are just ignorant when they point the finger at the military. There has been 8 or 9 murders in EP so far, why don't we just start closing down or blaming the 'murderers' employers? Better yet, if someone is killed at a super market or convenience store....let's close down the damn place! Sounds extremely stupid, but that's the way the majority of you stupid people sound when you put the blame on an establishment or organization.
We Rule

El Paso, TX

#46 Feb 11, 2011
Eastside Mr Mom wrote:
Yea, close it down and we can put more hard wring normal people on food stamps! Old people are pain in ****.
Judging by your post name - "Eastside Mr. Mom", it sounds like you know all the ins and outs of the welfare system. Can you say "Free cheese?" Old people rule simply because they have the money and can make the rules. Now get to work cooking, cleaning, and diaper changing you di_ckless man. Your wife will be home soon and needs to be fed more beans and tortillas so that she can work the streets.
Brad

United States

#47 Feb 11, 2011
Pony Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hence you are riff raff, actuall, that whole damn city is.
Bollocks to you. I'll scrap anytime you say. I'm rock and roll at the drop of a hat.
moosecholak

El Paso, TX

#48 Feb 11, 2011
Eastside Mr Mom wrote:
Yea, close it down and we can put more hard wring normal people on food stamps! Old people are pain in ****.
Hard "wring" normal people. Who probably party when the bar closes down!!! Everyone gets old and you will be someones pain in the *** someday!!
james russell

El Paso, TX

#49 Feb 11, 2011
The Police are not allowed to work the parking lot or the doors of any bar in this town. That is why there are security guards being hired at $7.50/hour. They are paid to watch the cars and call the police on drunks littering the parking lots. The Three Legged Monkey has already been through several investigations by TABC and THE City. The fire department recommended that occupancy rate be cut to no more than 500 patron. THE TABC has a policy of closing any bar for seven days when there is a shooting, stabbing or fight that results in critical injury or death. The Ft Bliss General needs to make his troops understand that carrying any weapon especially a firearm onto or into a bar or within 500 feet there of is a felony in and of itself. IT is up to the patrons to behave themselves and up to the bar to remove any unruly patron. When a patron comes to any bar in a motor vehicle he either parks in the parking lot or where ever he can find a place to park. His behavior once off the bar's limits is up to him not the bar security.
If the military has problems with a particular bar they can put it off limits and even go so far to check in at a bar to make sure the rules are being complied with. Of Course it would be nice if the military had a good place for these soldiers to go to on base.
call it as it is

O Fallon, MO

#50 Feb 11, 2011
honestly, these things happen at every bar, the only other place that has a comparable police record would be a comparable bar,(alehouse.) what we really need is for PD to lift the ban on off duty officers working a second job at establishments with a liquor license...
moreover, i would expect for tabc to do more than just police the bars, i would expect them to help protect us from these things (neighborhood association.) if mike is doing everything within his power to keep his establishment legal, why shouldnt he remain open. im sure hes complying with noise ordinances and parking is NOT his problem (he has adequate parking without wet being there and falls withing the city guidelines.) if i remember clearly, ft bliss used to patrol city bars for soldiers like this, so wheres the call for ft bliss to step up thier efforts of effectively managing thier people?
the people you should be going after are the lowest denominators, DAVID COOPER, and to a lesser extent MATT (republic, wet, peoria.)
so go ahead, cheapen the industry more by letting these fools run rampant, "bending" TABC laws, while prosecuting people making an effort to maintain thier establishments persuant to city and state laws.
this, ladies and gentlemen, is what is wrong
grtwyt

United States

#51 Feb 11, 2011
The Ft. Bliss commander should make the club off limits to military personel, then local PD can go in there and get the civilian trash that occupies the bar. Then the "courtesy patrols "can go to other such establishments
El Paso Eastsider

United States

#52 Feb 11, 2011
You all have it all wrong... I was there, and I will tell you exactly what happened. Mayor Cook bumped his guitar into someone and got angry. Shots rang out.
El Paso Eastsider

United States

#53 Feb 11, 2011
What the real problem is, I havent been able to pee without it burning since I banged that fat chick from Three Legged Monkey..
El Paso Eastsider

United States

#54 Feb 11, 2011
I can tell you with the utmost certainty, 3LM was nice until that stupid white boy trying to be black Joey Sapien from EPNL starting having his stupid hip hop nights there.... EPNL turns all places they go to into ghetto places... Joey is a freaking
Wh igger..
El Paso Eastsider

United States

#55 Feb 11, 2011
EPNL is the reason why bar suck..I know a bunch of bar owners who laugh at his constant pitches to make a bar an "Official EPNL" place. EPNL = ghetto ass people...
Westsider

United States

#56 Feb 11, 2011
I could not agree more with El Paso Eastsider.... My friend owns a bar on the eastside and Joey from E P Nightlife would constantly go there trying to peddle his crap website... Take a look at yourself Joey... YOU ARE WHITE!!!!!!!!
Party Animal

United States

#57 Feb 11, 2011
Ha!!! That is soooo true about Joey from EPNL.... He has to be at least 30% responsible for promoting all this ghetto crap out there. EPNL---- Make it Happen.. Make what happen??? White dudes trying to act black. Joey is a joke!!
STFU

Laguna Hills, CA

#58 Feb 11, 2011
call it as it is wrote:
honestly, these things happen at every bar, the only other place that has a comparable police record would be a comparable bar,(alehouse.) what we really need is for PD to lift the ban on off duty officers working a second job at establishments with a liquor license...
moreover, i would expect for tabc to do more than just police the bars, i would expect them to help protect us from these things (neighborhood association.) if mike is doing everything within his power to keep his establishment legal, why shouldnt he remain open. im sure hes complying with noise ordinances and parking is NOT his problem (he has adequate parking without wet being there and falls withing the city guidelines.) if i remember clearly, ft bliss used to patrol city bars for soldiers like this, so wheres the call for ft bliss to step up thier efforts of effectively managing thier people?
the people you should be going after are the lowest denominators, DAVID COOPER, and to a lesser extent MATT (republic, wet, peoria.)
so go ahead, cheapen the industry more by letting these fools run rampant, "bending" TABC laws, while prosecuting people making an effort to maintain thier establishments persuant to city and state laws.
this, ladies and gentlemen, is what is wrong
so you call the punk owner allowing drugs to be sold and consumed at the 3LM doing all he can to be legal. Close the bar and get that punk out of the bar bussness.
Gosh

El Paso, TX

#59 Feb 11, 2011
And El Paso was named the "safest" city. Hmmmm?????
HOSER

Washington, DC

#60 Feb 11, 2011
grtwyt wrote:
Wow Palin can say W T F on national TV but I can't type in W T F on a post
That's because you ain't Sarah Palin!
tocayo

United States

#61 Feb 11, 2011
The neighbors have NEVER stopped calling for this s c u m to move!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Horizon City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beware of La Choza Restaurant (Apr '09) Sun Baked Farts 97
Seeking A Fart Lactating Farting Woman Sun Its just farts 14
News Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) Sun just fart wondering 24,359
News Explore the weight of a border wall along the e... Sun Far tee fart 167
News Police, federal agents swarm Northeast neighbor... Sun 13 More Sharts 2
David Saucedo Is Not Mature Enough To Be El Pas... Sat rock the fart vote 4
News 3 arrested in firearms burglary after standoff May 27 So good fart 6

Horizon City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Horizon City Mortgages