DA race underway for June election

DA race underway for June election

There are 114 comments on the The Ukiah Daily Journal story from Dec 25, 2009, titled DA race underway for June election. In it, The Ukiah Daily Journal reports that:

Candidates for Mendocino County District Attorney are gearing up for the June 8, 2010 election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Ukiah Daily Journal.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Since: Jul 09

Laytonville, CA

#1 Dec 25, 2009
matt finnegan has demonstrated himself to be emotionally balanced, non-vindictive, fair, and objective, without an undue amount of personal attachment to his work. lintott.... seems to fail on all of those. like my step-mother. and ex-wife. and hillary clinton. jeez. seems like we're finding a common theme here. lets not put someone who uses their emotions to bully people in the DA'a office in '10.
Matt stinks

Covelo, CA

#2 Dec 25, 2009
Matt and his "union lawyers" are one of the reasons the County has a budget problem. They refused to take any cut in pay or hours (even though the court is closed 1 day a weeks now). They are selfish a holes and he is only runnign to get more mony for his buddies.
Realist

Mill Valley, CA

#3 Dec 25, 2009
Matt stinks wrote:
Matt and his "union lawyers" are one of the reasons the County has a budget problem. They refused to take any cut in pay or hours (even though the court is closed 1 day a weeks now). They are selfish a holes and he is only runnign to get more mony for his buddies.
Sounds like sour grapes. Matt Finnegan is a good alternative to those who think Lintott has not lived up to expectations.
Thankful

United States

#4 Dec 25, 2009
DA Lintott was instrumental in removing one of the worst criminal offenders from the streets of Mendocino County that we have ever scene. Her and her offices support of DDA Tim Stoen in this prosecution was instrumental in attaining a guilty verdict in this case. Kenneth Allen Rogers, former Mendo. Co. Republican Committee Chairman and convicted attempted first degree murderer, will never bring his KKK and Pelican Bay Hardened Criminal Aryan Brotherhood Peckerwood Prison Gang associates here again to threaten or hurt anyone ever again.
She has shown that she has the guts to be our District Attorney in a most difficult and changing time.
anonymous

Arcata, CA

#5 Dec 25, 2009
If DA Lintott went after CRIMINALS instead of legitimate medical cannabis users and producers, she would win re-election hands down. Wanna bet she looses 72% to 28%.
(That is unless she gets the vote rigged like the measure B people did.)( It is common public record that the pro b faction had many members in the election office and that they illegally disqualified over 11000 votes.)
Not Thankful

Menlo Park, CA

#6 Dec 25, 2009
Thankful wrote:
DA Lintott was instrumental in removing one of the worst criminal offenders from the streets of Mendocino County that we have ever scene. Her and her offices support of DDA Tim Stoen in this prosecution was instrumental in attaining a guilty verdict in this case. Kenneth Allen Rogers, former Mendo. Co. Republican Committee Chairman and convicted attempted first degree murderer, will never bring his KKK and Pelican Bay Hardened Criminal Aryan Brotherhood Peckerwood Prison Gang associates here again to threaten or hurt anyone ever again.
She has shown that she has the guts to be our District Attorney in a most difficult and changing time.
Well Thankful. I don't know where you have been but this case against Rogers and Peacock started a long time before Lintott. Peacock was convicted and sent to prison before Lintott ever anounced her intentions to run. How she gets credit for this by you could only be because you didn't know the case. Let
s give Lintott credit or discredit for things started and accomplished during her administration.
concerned

Daly City, CA

#7 Dec 25, 2009
Ding dong the witch is dead......
Election Watcher

Daly City, CA

#8 Dec 25, 2009
I will volunteer this year to help count the votes or as an observer. I for one will be screaming if we have a measure b repeat and try to throw out the votes of those living as large groups on large tracks of land.
Tired of the stench

Ukiah, CA

#9 Dec 25, 2009
rootsfarmer wrote:
matt finnegan has demonstrated himself to be emotionally balanced, non-vindictive, fair, and objective, without an undue amount of personal attachment to his work. lintott.... seems to fail on all of those. like my step-mother. and ex-wife. and hillary clinton. jeez. seems like we're finding a common theme here. lets not put someone who uses their emotions to bully people in the DA'a office in '10.
By your statement, it appears you have a major problem with women with any power, or connection to your life.
Thankful

Amity, OR

#10 Dec 25, 2009
Not Thankful wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Thankful. I don't know where you have been but this case against Rogers and Peacock started a long time before Lintott. Peacock was convicted and sent to prison before Lintott ever anounced her intentions to run. How she gets credit for this by you could only be because you didn't know the case. Let
s give Lintott credit or discredit for things started and accomplished during her administration.
It is too bad you are Not Thankful. This case was dead in the water until Ms. Lintott dedicated resources to see that Rogers would be prosecuted. Rogers was scheduled to WALK AWAY with a SLAP on the wrist! He and Peacock will now be spending the rest of their lives where they belong, IN STATE PRISON!
Peacock was the easy case and Veromen had decided that the Rogers Case was just too hard!!!!!!! Circumstantial!!!!! He was a POLITICAL BUDDY, Veromen fund raiser!!!!!! Political, Republican, Party Chairman!!!!! Too Hot To Handel?!!!!!!

Cases are assumed by incoming DAs and often times are simply put aside by the incoming DA so they can do what you say, pursue their personal agendas. Meredith did the COURAGEOUS thing in following this case to completion. She dedicated her offices budget and personnel to the task!!!! The result is that Rogers will never see the light of day outside a prison complex!!!! SHE WON THIS CASE THROUGH TIM STOEN and SO MANY OTHERS!!!!

I suppose your argument would give Norm Veromen the Win in the Rogers case? Sorry, you are in Space!!!! Veromen, who called Rogers a "Good Guy" would still have Rogers back on the streets more dangerous than ever!!!!!

Give credit where credit is due. DA Lintott secured this win through Diligence and Courage. Thank You DA Lintott. Our homes are more secure because of your courage.

Since: Jul 09

Laytonville, CA

#11 Dec 25, 2009
Tired of the stench wrote:
<quoted text>By your statement, it appears you have a major problem with women with any power, or connection to your life.
a ha. you caught my drift. in all truth, i have no problem with ANY type of person of ANY type of persuasion being in power.
MOF, i'd love to see more sub-saharan african women in power!
HOWEVER, i do have a major problem with the behaviors i mentioned above, ESPECIALLY when demonstrated by people in power.
yes, all those mentioned in my post were women. and yes, they also unquestionably demonstrate those behaviors. frequently. accompanied by temper-tantrums. im kinda sick of it. im even sicker of being told i should shut up and learn to like it. off topic. im sorry.
Say NO 2 Lintott

Jackson St Forest, CA

#12 Dec 25, 2009
Huuum,
Lets look back at the threads concerning Lintott for the Year:
Allman and Lintott's Mendocino POLICE STATE
http://www.topix.com/forum/source/ukiah-daily...
RECALL LINTOTT: Kids in County Jail is WRONG!
Recall of Lintott Under Way
LINTOTT and ALLMAN Should RESIGN!!
Recall Lintott Website Forum Online
Lintott relieved that DA recall effort deadline is over
Lintott Fumes Over Recall

Too bad the People of Mendocino would NEVER elect a New World Order Pawn for a DA!
Now I know she is running, I will work non-stop to see she is NEVER elected again.

Mendocino County doesn't need a Pot Nazi District Attorney
rotf lmfao

Jackson St Forest, CA

#13 Dec 25, 2009
Say NO 2 Lintott wrote:

Too bad the People of Mendocino would NEVER elect a New World Order Pawn for a DA!
Now I know she is running, I will work non-stop to see she is NEVER elected again.
Mendocino County doesn't need a Pot Nazi District Attorney
LOL Who do you think Matt Finegan is? He is everything you say about Lintott and more. She does not target medical marijuana growers. If anything, she has been too weak on pot.
rotf lmfao

Jackson St Forest, CA

#14 Dec 25, 2009
anonymous wrote:
If DA Lintott went after CRIMINALS instead of legitimate medical cannabis users and producers, she would win re-election hands down. Wanna bet she looses 72% to 28%.
(That is unless she gets the vote rigged like the measure B people did.)( It is common public record that the pro b faction had many members in the election office and that they illegally disqualified over 11000 votes.)
She does prosecute criminals, but she turns most of the dopers free. Don't you ever pay attention before you start your ignorant spew? Lintott is too weak on marijuana, but you all are too stoned to know what is going on.

And what a fantasy about Yes on B stealing the election. It was No on B that registered thousands of trimmers and dope heads who do not live in Mendocino County. There were vans and buses full of them here to register to vote just before the deadline. Several registered at the No on B mailbox at a local copy and print shop. You stoners really crack me up with your made up stories. LOL. I hope you vote for Finnegan and he wins, then we will see how you cry and whimper.
anonymous

Arcata, CA

#15 Dec 25, 2009
rotf lmfao wrote:
<quoted text>
She does prosecute criminals, but she turns most of the dopers free. Don't you ever pay attention before you start your ignorant spew? Lintott is too weak on marijuana, but you all are too stoned to know what is going on.
And what a fantasy about Yes on B stealing the election. It was No on B that registered thousands of trimmers and dope heads who do not live in Mendocino County. There were vans and buses full of them here to register to vote just before the deadline. Several registered at the No on B mailbox at a local copy and print shop. You stoners really crack me up with your made up stories. LOL. I hope you vote for Finnegan and he wins, then we will see how you cry and whimper.
There is nothing illegal with those registered voters.
Nothing but there legal votes being turned away.
buttered bread

United States

#16 Dec 25, 2009
bye bye Lintott...
Two questions... 1.how many speed freaks has she cut deals with?

2. How much has she contributed to our counties debt by harassing medmar patients?
rotf lmfao

Jackson St Forest, CA

#17 Dec 25, 2009
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing illegal with those registered voters.
Nothing but there legal votes being turned away.
Glad to see you admit they were not residents who came here only to register and vote against Measure B. After all the denials from the No on B liars it is refreshing to see you admit the truth. Now what about this baloney about no on B votes being tossed out? What have you been smoking now?
rotf lmfao

Jackson St Forest, CA

#18 Dec 25, 2009
buttered bread wrote:
bye bye Lintott...
Two questions... 1.how many speed freaks has she cut deals with?
2. How much has she contributed to our counties debt by harassing medmar patients?
Is your name buttered bread or buttered brains? Lintott does not harass or prosecute medical patients. She barely prosecutes the criminal dope growers. They are much harder on meth. THe poor meth users get charged for simple possessionn or walking around under the influence. THat seldom if ever happens to pot smokers. But in your stoned world you think she is picking on the pot smokers. Wake up and pay attention.
buttered bread

United States

#20 Dec 25, 2009
rotf lmfao wrote:
<quoted text>
Is your name buttered bread or buttered brains? Lintott does not harass or prosecute medical patients. She barely prosecutes the criminal dope growers. They are much harder on meth. THe poor meth users get charged for simple possessionn or walking around under the influence. THat seldom if ever happens to pot smokers. But in your stoned world you think she is picking on the pot smokers. Wake up and pay attention.
ok... so according to you Lintott is stain free?? ok... She does not prosecute medmar patients (growers) because there is no way she could win... are these people harassed? I would have to say yes they are! I don't know what else you could call it. What would you call it einstein?? playing around? just kidding? punked? what?
Courthouse Whispers

United States

#21 Dec 25, 2009
The rumour around the courthouse for weeks now has been that David Eyster is going to be running for DA. A lot of people are waiting to see if that happens, including people in the DA's Office. I remember Eyster from a few years ago when he was the big DA. He has real experience and the cops respect him (not the case with the two mentioned in the article) so that should help him. Any new info on this?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hopland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hash,' honey oil' lab raided on S. State St. (Apr '10) 16 hr the fear tator 80
News City of 10,000 Buddhas turns to solar energy to... 17 hr walterd 1
Trump Kidnapped By Space Aliens? 21 hr who dat man dere 1
News FB pair arrested with 2 pounds, 10 plants of ma... (Dec '10) Aug 26 Lmfao 33
Make Bosses Happy w NO Coporate TAXES Aug 25 Hongry Toady 1
Harry Calls Trump a Russian Puppet Aug 24 Ronamal 2
News Ukiah police and fire log: Tuesday, Dec. 15, 2015 (Dec '15) Dec '15 Here Is One 1

Hopland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hopland Mortgages