Hopland man held over in attempted mu...

Hopland man held over in attempted murder, arson case

There are 5 comments on the The Ukiah Daily Journal story from Oct 20, 2010, titled Hopland man held over in attempted murder, arson case. In it, The Ukiah Daily Journal reports that:

The wife of a man accused of trying to kill her by setting their Hopland home on fire described the "whoosh" of blue flame that ran to the ceiling during her testimony Tuesday at his preliminary hearing.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Ukiah Daily Journal.

Hopland Hoopala

Courtland, CA

#1 Oct 20, 2010
isnt our legal system great? the prob with hopland is we have NO local law enforcement. You want to wait an hour or more for some bored Sheriff or CHP officer to bother coming this way? People know that in this rural area an individual can do what they want. I hope at least the courts puts this guy away for a long time, and not a slap on the wrist so he can re violate the restrainin order. I am sorry to hear this woman has been through all of this pain and terror.
Mountain Blowing Wind

Nice, CA

#2 Oct 20, 2010
This story sounds like "The Tracey Thurman Story" or a movie off Lifetime!! I hope for her sakes he gets a sentence that protects her life. And men say women are kniving or vendictive...sheesh he is just nuts!!
Rastawoman

Vacaville, CA

#3 Oct 20, 2010
I'm so glad she lived to tell.
bigeyesandnose

Stockton, CA

#4 Oct 20, 2010
Sounds to me like she needed a gun and the ability to use it, would have saved us a lot of money. A restraining order is only a piece of paper. The cops are not going to hang around your house or job all the time.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#5 Oct 20, 2010
Rastawoman wrote:
I'm so glad she lived to tell.
Absolutely! I hope he rots in h*ll.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hopland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mendocino Ballet brings holiday performances to... Dec 8 Smith smith famly 1
Clearlake.....is it a nice place to live (May '06) Dec 7 Long gone 130
Poor Must Support Rich Dec 6 trump4ever da 1
New Trump Resort on Manus? Dec 4 secureForm Topic... 1
News Gang ties alleged in torture case (Jan '10) Dec 1 points out the truth 1,223
News Pomos seek to create long-needed homeland, casi... (Oct '16) Nov 27 mammy and boyz 56
cloverdale, ca postal problems (Jul '15) Nov 21 jim jones 3

Hopland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hopland Mortgages