Recent raids locate 85,000 pot plants

Recent raids locate 85,000 pot plants

There are 21 comments on the The Ukiah Daily Journal story from Jul 14, 2010, titled Recent raids locate 85,000 pot plants. In it, The Ukiah Daily Journal reports that:

Raids conducted last week by the County of Mendocino Marijuana Eradication Team and the state Campaign Against Marijuana Planting team destroyed 85,393 marijuana plants, the Mendocino County Sheriff's Office reported.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Ukiah Daily Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Koalabear2525

Antioch, CA

#1 Jul 14, 2010
who messed up ? you were to pick the pot growers, not just the pot . now you should turn around and sell the stuff and help the county out and make money off it .
get real

United States

#2 Jul 14, 2010
The plant ripping fanaticles at it again.Now I feel safe!(no arrests..wtf)
Real American

Redwood Valley, CA

#3 Jul 14, 2010
It costs too much to house these criminals, much better to hit them where it hurts.. in the pocketbook! Keep destroying their wares MCSO it is less pot on the streets and just another broke criminal loser on the streets... in light of the two recent shootings aimed at agents I think a shoot first areest survivors policy would benefit all greatly and maybe a few less druggies would try to grow this abomination of the medicine world!
lavender

Jackson St Forest, CA

#4 Jul 14, 2010
Real American wrote:
It costs too much to house these criminals, much better to hit them where it hurts.. in the pocketbook! Keep destroying their wares MCSO it is less pot on the streets and just another broke criminal loser on the streets... in light of the two recent shootings aimed at agents I think a shoot first areest survivors policy would benefit all greatly and maybe a few less druggies would try to grow this abomination of the medicine world!
A real american would want another american shot? Sounds american alright. Grow up, it's costing us millions of our tax dollars, while our borders are wide open and we occupy two foreign countries and our economy is collapsing! But your right, shoot first ask questions later. wake up america
Real American No 2

Ukiah, CA

#5 Jul 14, 2010
Real American wrote:
Amen...I am all for the policy!
Real American No 2

Ukiah, CA

#6 Jul 14, 2010
lavender wrote:
<Quoted text> A real American would want another American shot? Sounds American alright. Grow up, it is costing us millions of our tax dollars, while our borders are wide open and we occupy two foreign countries and our economy is collapsing! However, you are right, shoot first ask questions later. wake up America
It is costing millions of tax dollars housing you criminals! "Shoot first & arrest survivors" This policy would cost Americans half million of tax dollars. Do the math...it would be a big savings!

Amen! Adopt the policy!
Real American No 2

Ukiah, CA

#7 Jul 14, 2010
lavender wrote:
<quoted text> A real american would want another american shot? Sounds american alright. Grow up, it's costing us millions of our tax dollars, while our borders are wide open and we occupy two foreign countries and our economy is collapsing! But your right, shoot first ask questions later. wake up america
Wake up "Lavender"...smoke another bowl and try again! LOL ;) What a crook of Crap!
ur dumb

Fresno, CA

#8 Jul 14, 2010
Real American No 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is costing millions of tax dollars housing you criminals! "Shoot first & arrest survivors" This policy would cost Americans half million of tax dollars. Do the math...it would be a big savings!
Amen! Adopt the policy!
and NOT looking for weed and NOT keeping people locked up and NOT having to pay so many cops would save our country more money than that. if growers knew cops had a shoot first policy they would shoot too. is that what u want? according to my government most of this weed is cartel weed and they can afford nice guns so go ahead and shoot first then the Daily Urinal headline will read something like CAMP chopper shot down. this forum is full of idiots.
Vexed

Las Vegas, NV

#10 Jul 14, 2010
Coming to a neighborhood near you soon:

http://www.latamdaily.com/2010/07/03/us-warsh...
But but but

United States

#11 Jul 14, 2010
How is it they skipped right over the Ten Mile area over by the coast?? The thing more tragic than the pot would be if there was water diversion going on. But, but, but what about the Ten Mile area?
Humboldt Thug

Georgetown, TX

#12 Jul 14, 2010
Willits Watcher wrote:
<quoted text>
make night flights over China and drop the drug dealers and their drugs onto Chinese turf and let these dealers see a different side of world opinion.
The same amount of heroin that triggers a 7 year sentence in the U.S. can warrant the death penalty in China. Yet, heroin is one of the drugs of choice in China (along with meth and ecstasy), especially among the young factory workers who make our computers.

China's own government is realizing there is a surging drug problem and implementing methadone clinics, needle exchange, and counseling/outreach programs.

And here we are batting around the silly topic of marijuana. Americans need to drop the control fantasy. Drug prohibition does not work, even communist drug prohibition has issues.
get real

United States

#13 Jul 14, 2010
Humboldt Thug wrote:
<quoted text>
The same amount of heroin that triggers a 7 year sentence in the U.S. can warrant the death penalty in China. Yet, heroin is one of the drugs of choice in China (along with meth and ecstasy), especially among the young factory workers who make our computers.
China's own government is realizing there is a surging drug problem and implementing methadone clinics, needle exchange, and counseling/outreach programs.
And here we are batting around the silly topic of marijuana. Americans need to drop the control fantasy. Drug prohibition does not work, even communist drug prohibition has issues.
To much sence, they never get it..(way over there head)
RealAmericansEqu alFacists

Port Costa, CA

#14 Jul 15, 2010
That's right summary judgement: cops should be judge, jury and executioner. Not only will it save time but we can do away with that messy habeas corpus process. Better yet why don't we all start packing and administer street justice when and where we see fit.

Are you people f**king serious? This is sounding more and more like an authoritarian state.
Vexed

Las Vegas, NV

#15 Jul 15, 2010

“Kids are the future”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#16 Jul 15, 2010
Humboldt Thug wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe that you have even the slightest grasp of what it would be like in the US if all drugs were to be made legal. I thing all that's on your mind is how wonderful it would be if you could walk down the street smoking a joint and then hit a line of cocaine while your waiting at the light to cross the street. The problem with this situation is that drug users don't have the ability to consider all the negative aftereffects of full drug legalization.

“30yrs in this garbage state ”

Since: May 10

sheeple country USA

#17 Jul 15, 2010
Willits Watcher wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe that you have even the slightest grasp of what it would be like in the US if all drugs were to be made legal. I thing all that's on your mind is how wonderful it would be if you could walk down the street smoking a joint and then hit a line of cocaine while your waiting at the light to cross the street. The problem with this situation is that drug users don't have the ability to consider all the negative aftereffects of full drug legalization.
O darn they got your plants, snivel some more.
Norcal121

Ukiah, CA

#18 Jul 16, 2010
Here we ago again, another season of retards battling there whits on this topix.. Put it this way, it's illegal you get busted.. Plain and simple, I speed I get ticket, you choose to break the law, don't whine and bitch like a lil girl when you get busted or your crops get raided. All you pro MJ growers are pathetic excuses for decent people. I don't care if yor 18 or 90 and growing, if your doing it illegal and not specifically using it for your OWN medical purposes then you need to be busted. It may be the bottom end of the drug war with law enforcement but it is a growing rash of a problem in our area. If you really can't see that then you are truly just an idiot or have blinders on so dark you see nothing.
Who needs 85000 plants, all of California would have to have chronic pain to need that.. C'mon people get real...

“Kids are the future”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#19 Jul 16, 2010
Norcal121 wrote:
Here we ago again, another season of retards battling there whits on this topix.. Put it this way, it's illegal you get busted.. Plain and simple, I speed I get ticket, you choose to break the law, don't whine and **** like a lil girl when you get busted or your crops get raided. All you pro MJ growers are pathetic excuses for decent people. I don't care if yor 18 or 90 and growing, if your doing it illegal and not specifically using it for your OWN medical purposes then you need to be busted. It may be the bottom end of the drug war with law enforcement but it is a growing rash of a problem in our area. If you really can't see that then you are truly just an idiot or have blinders on so dark you see nothing.
Who needs 85000 plants, all of California would have to have chronic pain to need that.. C'mon people get real...
Your very right to wonder what kind of people ignore laws, harm the environment, endanger and poison children, lessen public safety, live a lie and then insist that they have a constitutional right to do all these things.

The answer to this question is being assembled every day. There are other questions too like, what kind of sheriff and BOS's would champion and try to profit from the actions of these drugged out criminals?
Vexed

Las Vegas, NV

#20 Jul 16, 2010
Willits Watcher wrote:
<quoted text>
Your very right to wonder what kind of people ignore laws, harm the environment, endanger and poison children, lessen public safety, live a lie and then insist that they have a constitutional right to do all these things.
The answer to this question is being assembled every day. There are other questions too like, what kind of sheriff and BOS's would champion and try to profit from the actions of these drugged out criminals?
The kind you have in Humboldt and Mendo and some counties in Kentucky, Arkansas and Tennessee.

“30yrs in this garbage state ”

Since: May 10

sheeple country USA

#21 Jul 16, 2010
Norcal121 wrote:
Here we ago again, another season of retards battling there whits on this topix.. Put it this way, it's illegal you get busted.. Plain and simple, I speed I get ticket, you choose to break the law, don't whine and **** like a lil girl when you get busted or your crops get raided. All you pro MJ growers are pathetic excuses for decent people. I don't care if yor 18 or 90 and growing, if your doing it illegal and not specifically using it for your OWN medical purposes then you need to be busted. It may be the bottom end of the drug war with law enforcement but it is a growing rash of a problem in our area. If you really can't see that then you are truly just an idiot or have blinders on so dark you see nothing.
Only completely stupid people will not recognize federal law, it does not just mean pro MJ people either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hopland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barry aka Garry Cramer and Janice Wohlert 21 hr Mike Johnson 1
EBT at pumpkinfest Dec 3 Dwayne Wayne 3
Allow Tinckle Down Economics To Work!!! (May '16) Nov 28 isabel 4
Trump Moves to Haiti? Nov 25 the fear tator 8
News Time to sign up for the Ukiah Holiday Truckers ... (Nov '12) Nov 16 James h 2
News UHS students arrested on suspicion of dealing d... (Mar '10) Nov 15 Dan 48
Nude Beach Sunday A Go! Nov 13 the fear tator 4

Hopland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hopland Mortgages