Coming soon: Campovida

Coming soon: Campovida

There are 19 comments on the The Ukiah Daily Journal story from May 11, 2010, titled Coming soon: Campovida. In it, The Ukiah Daily Journal reports that:

When Anna Beuselinck and Gary Breen look at their 50-acre Mendocino County property, they think of Italy, a magical place they remember from when they were married there 10 years ago.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Ukiah Daily Journal.

hopeitworks

Hayward, CA

#1 May 11, 2010
This is the type of growth Mendocino County needs. Looking forward to checking it out.
Gone West

Eugene, OR

#2 May 11, 2010
We were long-time residents of Mendocino county and now live out of state. We will certainly pay a visit to Campovida during our next trip to the area.
kindness

United States

#3 May 11, 2010
YIPPEE!!! So excited to see the gardens again. We used to go there several times during the summer and have lunch.
AreaCode707

Seattle, WA

#4 May 11, 2010
How fabulous! Anna and Gary, you have certainly given a gift to Mendocino by re-opening this cherished property to the public. I can't wait to meet you both. You have a wonderful vision for Campovida and you seem to be going about it in a purposeful and successful way. Congratulations on living out your dream and sharing it with all of us.
Local

United States

#5 May 13, 2010
Thanks for the update on what you plan to do with the Valley Oaks Ranch. Nice to have you as "neighbors". We look forward to seeing it come to fruition. As an executive retreat I wonder if the public will be able to visit and picnic there like in the past?
Jack Tripper

North Hills, CA

#6 May 13, 2010
good luck.....

mendocino isnt tourist friendly.
Samantha Levy

Tampa, FL

#7 May 19, 2010
Can't wait to visit and see the magic of the place!
Jack Tripper

Bronx, NY

#8 May 19, 2010
Samantha Levy wrote:
Can't wait to visit and see the magic of the place!
bring seeing aids, but i cant promise anything.
Campopuka

Sausalito, CA

#9 Jul 23, 2010
Megan who seems to be the one running that place better get her act together if they want to be successful.
Tom Brians

Redwood City, CA

#10 Jul 29, 2010
A hand to you two, I have seen work going on at the site and was wondering who was doing what, hoping that it could be reopened, it is such a beautiful place. Nice to find it is the offspring of a long time friend, Mike, Garys father. Looking forward to visiting when you open later next month. Best regards to you, and congradulations for your insight and courange.
getting screwed

San Francisco, CA

#11 Oct 4, 2010
Campovida wants $14,000 for a wedding there and Jeriko in Hopland wants $6,000. You do the math. Good luck Campovida, you'll last 3 years at this rate.
BEWARE

Oakland, CA

#12 Oct 20, 2010
Campovida (Gary Breen) GMB Realty, during the construction process have constantly lied, bounced checks, not paid their bills. Credit cards have been given that are declined. They have had materials delivered in several different peoples names that are not paid. It is a business I doubt very highly will last very long. Financially they seem a mess. BEWARE.
Sour grapes

San Francisco, CA

#13 Oct 20, 2010
BEWARE wrote:
Campovida (Gary Breen) GMB Realty, during the construction process have constantly lied, bounced checks, not paid their bills. Credit cards have been given that are declined. They have had materials delivered in several different peoples names that are not paid. It is a business I doubt very highly will last very long. Financially they seem a mess. BEWARE.
So exactly what did you get fired for when Campovida got rid of you?
Hopland Hoopala

Courtland, CA

#14 Oct 20, 2010
winetasting is great, love the drunk drivers who drive thru our town...doing 50 mphs while kids playing in front of their houses. I guess its better than the tweeks that walk our streets up to the rez to cop dope..Supposedly its wine "tasting" but why is it, being a long time resident here I have seen mostly people under the influence leaving the local wineries or downtown events? Again, lack of law enforcement and the wineries not wanting to miss out on making a buck so they keep refilling those glasses....
hoplandite

Courtland, CA

#15 Oct 24, 2010
yea, we were almost hit head on coming round that curve yesterday. left from getting pizza and some white car with the driveractually drinkin or :sipping: fromhis wine glass, thank youwineries for being potentialaccessoris to vehicler manslaughter because of your :wine tasting events:
Fetzerman

Palo Alto, CA

#16 Dec 22, 2010
hoplandite wrote:
yea, we were almost hit head on coming round that curve yesterday. left from getting pizza and some white car with the driveractually drinkin or :sipping: fromhis wine glass, thank youwineries for being potentialaccessoris to vehicler manslaughter because of your :wine tasting events:
The way you spell it looks like you have had your share of vino.
To tell the truth

Los Gatos, CA

#17 Dec 28, 2010
I still think that if possible the county should charge a sin tax on all alcohol sales. A nickel a beer, a buck per bottle of wine and 2 bucks a bottle for the hard stuff. Alcohol causes many of our health and safety problems. This tax could help pay for services that these drugs incur.
Pissed in Ukiah

Ukiah, CA

#18 Apr 13, 2015
Well Campovida has been open for a few years now. This place SUCKS!$10.00 to taste wine and after you pay them they only give you the option of three wines. To walk through their gardens $5.00. Besides that they are snobby and rude in the tasting room. Yes It's a beautiful place, but the management and staff SUCKS! Don't waste your time, you'll just get pissed off. I will tell everybody that will listen, don't go there.
the Fear tator

Jackson St Forest, CA

#19 Apr 14, 2015
Your folk sounds nice...the tator will not troll you here...HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!! I eddie and jimmy!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hopland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where is moron mickey Mar 25 Munggo Man 5
News COMMET makes arrests in marijuana cultivation o... (Feb '12) Mar 23 Larree Allene 10
News Pomos seek to create long-needed homeland, casi... Mar 15 Anonymous 51
Executive Order Search Mar 4 Exec Order Search T 1
News Assignment: Ukiah - Ukiah then and now (Sep '09) Mar 2 meat loafing 23
News Ukiah police and fire log: Tuesday, Dec. 15, 2015 (Dec '15) Dec '15 Here Is One 1
News Mendocino County citizens hope for hack-and-squ... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Here Is One 1

Hopland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hopland Mortgages