Texas Girl

Madisonville, KY

#21 Mar 19, 2012
Burger Man wrote:
They are every bit as expensive on their burgers as the horseshoe. But they are not even in the same league!
Actually you must not pay attention to prices because a Davo's Burger and Fries are $5.99 while at The Horseshoe a burger and fries is $10.45...I'd say that's a pretty significant difference.
Texas Girl

Madisonville, KY

#22 Mar 19, 2012
Unbias opinion wrote:
While Davos Is good putting them In the same category as Five Guys Is like comparing a Dodge to a Rolls Royce.
You're exactly right, but keep in mind....This is HOPKINSVILLE- think about the cities that have Five Guys...not much of a comparison to Hoptown. I'd say we're pretty lucky to get what we can in this town. Which is why I gave them the review I did, I'm comparing them to what else Hopkinsville has to offer, which isn't much. If I compared them to where I'm from...they wouldn't score so hot.
wimpy

Corbin, KY

#23 Mar 19, 2012
Texas Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
You're exactly right, but keep in mind....This is HOPKINSVILLE- think about the cities that have Five Guys...not much of a comparison to Hoptown. I'd say we're pretty lucky to get what we can in this town. Which is why I gave them the review I did, I'm comparing them to what else Hopkinsville has to offer, which isn't much. If I compared them to where I'm from...they wouldn't score so hot.
Why are we lucky to have a burger joint that can't cook a burger?
The houseshoe sells their burger and fries at 1/2 price one night a week.
This maybe Hopkinsville but we should not settle for sub-par food.
Ushldread

Kuttawa, KY

#24 Mar 19, 2012
Love It wrote:
A Wendy's burger?? Really??
I've had Davo's several times since they've opened and I love it! I love the atmosphere, love the tv's, and I love the food as well. The fries are awesome, the fried pickles are great and I thought the burgers were good too. I just went through the drive-up to make sure I tried their new fresh burger patties, and I have to say, it makes a big difference. The burgers now in my opinion aren't just good (good like better than any other fast food burger around here), they're awesome now. They have a great "steak" taste to them. Anyone who doesn't like the burgers now, is just a critical idiot and should just keep their opinion to themselves and continue to give your money to the other fast food places here.
Yes, Wendys. Guess what THEY dont freeze their beef! Yes their quality had slipped, but ppl complained and now they actually have a good burger for they price (not the dollar burgers). The number 1 burger was good, really! Oh but it was in clarksville, not hoptown. Im telling you its a good burger now.
Texas Girl

Madisonville, KY

#25 Mar 19, 2012
wimpy wrote:
<quoted text>Why are we lucky to have a burger joint that can't cook a burger?
Why not? There's not a whole lot Hoptown has to offer that's top notch. Why do you think everyone takes their money to Clarksville...?
Im so cool

Hopkinsville, KY

#26 Mar 19, 2012
Yeah you need to let me join you buddy
Wimpy

Corbin, KY

#27 Mar 19, 2012
Texas Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not? There's not a whole lot Hoptown has to offer that's top notch. Why do you think everyone takes their money to Clarksville...?
So that makes us lucky to have a burger place that can't cook a good burger???? What does Clarksville have to do with it????
new customer

Madisonville, KY

#28 Mar 19, 2012
Myself and co-workers ordered Davo's for lunch today. Burgers were delicious, chili cheese dogs were the best, french fries were ok, onion rings were the best I've ever had. We will definately go back.
Texas Girl

Madisonville, KY

#29 Mar 19, 2012
Wimpy wrote:
<quoted text>So that makes us lucky to have a burger place that can't cook a good burger???? What does Clarksville have to do with it????
lol. I love the fact that you feel the need to defend this town, but quite frankly I'm not going back and forth with you about what this town has and doesn't, what it lacks and what it doesn't--in comparison to other towns/cities. I've been all over the country, so I know what I'm talking about. Everyone is entitled to their opinion,'cause that's all it is...an OPINION. So get over it.
Wimpy

Corbin, KY

#30 Mar 19, 2012
Texas Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. I love the fact that you feel the need to defend this town, but quite frankly I'm not going back and forth with you about what this town has and doesn't, what it lacks and what it doesn't--in comparison to other towns/cities. I've been all over the country, so I know what I'm talking about. Everyone is entitled to their opinion,'cause that's all it is...an OPINION. So get over it.
No you can't defend a stupid remark, so now you have to tuck tail and run!
hotmess

United States

#31 Apr 16, 2012
I'm glad I gave Davos another try cause food, service was much better then when they first opened! Overall fresh meat, thank goodness
Appearance

United States

#32 Apr 17, 2012
I've eaten there once and won't be back. The burger tasted awful and it made me sick. The poor waitress didnt have a clue! Train ur staff
Good food

Washington, DC

#33 Apr 17, 2012
Ate there today not bad for Hoptown!
Lady75

Greenville, KY

#34 Apr 18, 2012
I picked up Davos for the first time Monday night for my crowd of 6. I can't say that it was anymore expensive than any of the other fast food places! Unless you are expecting to eat off the dollar menu, you will pay 5- 8$ a combo meal just about anywhere. Actually, the only complaint that some of us had with the burgers were that they were too spicy, and or salty! But, for the money the fries and burgers were good! I asked for well done burgers and they were well done, they were juicy, not dry. And they were not soaked in grease! The size of the burgers were more than enough! I purchased 2 for my husband being he usually eats 2 sandwiches from Arby's or McDonald's and he only finished one! But, we will definitely grab dinner there again! I can always say hold off on the salt! I hope they do well! I only used the drive thru, but experienced no problems! It is nice to have something different without having to dress up and go out to ocharleys or horseshoe for a burger other than a big Mac or whopper!
Alumni

Louisville, KY

#35 Apr 18, 2012
Horseshoe is the best for the money! This a great decorated place but the food is average. they will need to add to the menue if they want to make it. Pizza or Subs and drop the prices and it might have a chance.
hotmess

Mooresboro, NC

#37 Mar 13, 2013
Never again!!! Food is horrible and service is bad.
ukgirl

Greenville, KY

#38 Mar 13, 2013
Love Davos. The Hawaiian chicken sandwich is my favorite.
dr robert

Duluth, GA

#39 Mar 14, 2013
wimpy wrote:
<quoted text>Why are we lucky to have a burger joint that can't cook a burger?
if they can sell it at half price one day a week ..shows how much of a mark up they are making on it..
trevon

Corbin, KY

#40 Mar 14, 2013
Boi I tellz ya wat me an mi 15 cousinz went dwn thure sn dat food taste lik slave food but dem wyte gurls was lookin gud az hell
dr robert

Duluth, GA

#41 Mar 15, 2013
trevon wrote:
Boi I tellz ya wat me an mi 15 cousinz went dwn thure sn dat food taste lik slave food but dem wyte gurls was lookin gud az hell
what did you say?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hopkinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why is gin gin getting a divoece 3 min Farmer 2
guy Howie chief at Glasgow 13 min ann cherry 1
Slumlords (Jul '11) 1 hr babyb 59
Terri Barbee 1 hr Ville3522 3
Meth Heads 2 hr true 7
johnboy smith 3 hr Toni 77
Bobby Lanford? (Apr '11) 5 hr His ol lady 2
Bank employee 8 hr spiritinthesky 30
More from around the web

Personal Finance