First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Wimpy

Middlesboro, KY

#1 Mar 17, 2012
Afriend just gave me a slip of paper that reads: WE LISTIONED AND RESPONDED...Now serving fresh never frozen patties.

I'm going to give them another try in the next few days, i'll give an update when i do.
Windy

Kuttawa, KY

#2 Mar 17, 2012
Has anyone ate a wendy burger in the past few weeks? They have changed and it was actually good!
Love It

Madisonville, KY

#3 Mar 17, 2012
A Wendy's burger?? Really??
I've had Davo's several times since they've opened and I love it! I love the atmosphere, love the tv's, and I love the food as well. The fries are awesome, the fried pickles are great and I thought the burgers were good too. I just went through the drive-up to make sure I tried their new fresh burger patties, and I have to say, it makes a big difference. The burgers now in my opinion aren't just good (good like better than any other fast food burger around here), they're awesome now. They have a great "steak" taste to them. Anyone who doesn't like the burgers now, is just a critical idiot and should just keep their opinion to themselves and continue to give your money to the other fast food places here.
Wimpy

Middlesboro, KY

#4 Mar 17, 2012
Well i'm not a critical idiot, i hated the frozen patties Davo had and just tried the fresh pattie. First of all if you're going to call yourself a burger joint you need make your pattie thick enough that you don't have 5 times more bun than burger, then find a cook that doesn't over cook the pattie. My buger was dry.
I agree the overall taste of the fresh pattie was better but far from good.
Windy's is just as bad!
Sorry for the bad review, because i really want a good burger joint in hoptown but it's a waste of money.
Burgermeister

Bowling Green, KY

#5 Mar 17, 2012
Love It wrote:
I've had Davo's several times since they've opened and I love it! I love the atmosphere, love the tv's, and I love the food as well. The fries are awesome, the fried pickles are great and I thought the burgers were good too. I just went through the drive-up to make sure I tried their new fresh burger patties, and I have to say, it makes a big difference. The burgers now in my opinion aren't just good (good like better than any other fast food burger around here), they're awesome now. They have a great "steak" taste to them. Anyone who doesn't like the burgers now, is just a critical idiot and should just keep their opinion to themselves and continue to give your money to the other fast food places here.
Who are you, the owner?
Unbias opinion

Hopkinsville, KY

#6 Mar 17, 2012
I ate at Davos for the first time today. Ill just go straight to the point and say......

I was initially impressed with the appearance at first glance. The owner obviously put a lot of time and money Into redioing the interior and structure of the place. It was very clean and inviting and I was surprised to see 5 flat screen tvs very well place around the business. The price was not bad but slightly more than I would expect from what I ordered. The serve we had was sub-par. She didnt talk with us very well and we never received a refill the entire time. We only saw her twice at our table. When we ordered and when she brought us our food. However, by observing other servers that wasnt the case. We just got the only bad one. Size of the burger was very good and so were the topings. But, the meat of the burger had no taste because It was frozen patty. The portion of the fries was extremely small but they tasted very good. All In all I will probably go back to Davos and hope to see them grow as a business. I must add that the owner Is very polite and personal. I saw him come out and greet and talk to every sinlge customer that came into his establishment. You can tell he certainly cares about his customers experience and appreciates their business.
Unbias opinion

Hopkinsville, KY

#7 Mar 17, 2012
I will add one thing. My girlfriend who I ate with at Davos made a very good summation when she mentioned that to the naked eye they put more money into the renovation than they did the quality of the food. If they could somehow find a way to balance the two they would take off. That type of business In that complex could really help It grow again. We live very close to that complex and being able to do business close to home rather than go out to the FT. Camp Blv Is a tremendous convenience.
newshound

United States

#8 Mar 18, 2012
I think they need to do a little more training with the cooks... The burgers are over cooked causing them to ne very dry... You don't have to cook the juice out of it to make it done! For the price... They should be asking how you would like it cooked.... They are trying to be upscale, but these burgers won't make it cooked to death.
Opine American

Middlesboro, KY

#9 Mar 18, 2012
Love It wrote:
I have heard about people like you but neve really thought they existed. Could someone be so stupid as to get on a site, setup to express opinions and tell people to keep their opinions to themselves?
Hey moron what site did you think you were on, in fact what country do think this is? Newsflash Obama hasen't got that much power yet! So you have to put up with the American way for now.
anonymouse

Bowling Green, KY

#10 Mar 18, 2012
I will have to give them a try again then. Even if I don't like it, I do appreciate that they are listening to the customers and are willing to make a change.
fatty

Kuttawa, KY

#11 Mar 18, 2012
Well its obvious that from the beginning they thought that people would just eat anything and they purposely started out with low quality meat.

The main item they planned their whole restaurant around.

This just shows what kind of people they are.

Why start a business based on disappointment? I mean in a relatively small town dont you want REPEAT business?
I just dont get it.
Nate

Shepherdsville, KY

#12 Mar 18, 2012
Burger was ok Chilli cheese fries were good but the prices are too high for the food servings
Burger Man

Shepherdsville, KY

#13 Mar 18, 2012
fatty wrote:
Well its obvious that from the beginning they thought that people would just eat anything and they purposely started out with low quality meat.
The main item they planned their whole restaurant around.
This just shows what kind of people they are.
Why start a business based on disappointment? I mean in a relatively small town dont you want REPEAT business?
I just dont get it.
I have to agree with you. They gave the impression they were going to be quality like Five Guys or something but they only offered overpriced crap. I will stick to Ferrells and the Horseshoe!
im so cool

Hopkinsville, KY

#14 Mar 18, 2012
Unbias opinion wrote:
I will add one thing. My girlfriend who I ate with at Davos made a very good summation when she mentioned that to the naked eye they put more money into the renovation than they did the quality of the food. If they could somehow find a way to balance the two they would take off. That type of business In that complex could really help It grow again. We live very close to that complex and being able to do business close to home rather than go out to the FT. Camp Blv Is a tremendous convenience.
I like to meet your girl friend she sounds sexy.
Texas Girl

Madisonville, KY

#15 Mar 18, 2012
I've eaten at Davos a couple times, the first time the service was not very good at all and my food took forever to come out. The other times the service has been great. I agree that when you compare this place to Five Guys or The Horseshoe, it doesn't meet up at all...but when you compare it to any other fastidious burger place like Wendy's McDonalds, Burger King...it's great. The prices aren't much higher then those places and I don't mind paying a little more if it's good. The portions were good, I've never been able to finish everything. I also spike with who you are calling the owner, he's not the owner...the owner is from Clarksville and asked the man that's in there all the time to open and run it. He said he wants to please the customers, so I suggest if you have an unpleasant experience or you think they should change sometime, make sure you let him know. I'm sure he will make it right for you. Overall, I give the place a five star review for the simple fact that it's an establishment that is trying to please-can't say the same about alot of places in this hick town.
Texas Girl

Madisonville, KY

#16 Mar 18, 2012
Please excuse all the grammatical errors in my comment above....did this review on my phone and autocorrect took over it looks like!
wimpy

Middlesboro, KY

#17 Mar 18, 2012
I hope the 5 star was a grammatical error. lol
2 1/2 maybe 3 stars tops.
Burger Man

Shepherdsville, KY

#18 Mar 18, 2012
They are every bit as expensive on their burgers as the horseshoe. But they are not even in the same league!
Unbias opinion

Hopkinsville, KY

#19 Mar 19, 2012
While Davos Is good putting them In the same category as Five Guys Is like comparing a Dodge to a Rolls Royce.
Unbias opinion

Hopkinsville, KY

#20 Mar 19, 2012
im so cool wrote:
<quoted text>I like to meet your girl friend she sounds sexy.
Shes very sexy. I make sure to give her mustache rides on the regular.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hopkinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Josh knight 12 min Oh my 3
Big underage party 13 min Shutup 5
Is Donnie langhi hiding out 15 min Wrong 5
Ashlee Welker 19 min Denise 13
Rite to work state 1 hr Question 27
Sub deb winter formal 1 hr Iud 3
Puckett ( aka snitch) 2 hr Just sayin 3
Is Doris Lamb honest 16 hr Obama 14
Ref parks in handicap parking at catholic school 17 hr Jimmy Adcock 44
Peebles closing on Tuesday 21 hr Store managers 10