I've Got 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One.
Posted in the Hopkinsville Forum
Since: Dec 11
1. As head of the investment company Bain Capital, Mitt Romney laid off thousands of workers.
[CBS News, 01/28/2008]
2. Mitt Romney's advice on the foreclosure crisis: "Don't try and stop the foreclosure process."
[Mother Jones, 10/18/2011]
3. The former Bain Capital managing director said of Mitt Romney's tenure: "We had a scheme where the rich got richer."
[Los Angeles Times, 12/16/2007]
4. Mitt Romney set up shell companies in the Cayman Islands and Bermuda to avoid U.S. taxes.
[Los Angeles Times, 12/19/2007]
5. Mitt Romney calls Obama's payroll tax cut that would save middle class/lower income families $1,500 a year "temporary little band aids."
[Yahoo! News, 10/18/2011]
6. Mitt Romney's first budget as governor included $240 million in fee increases.
[Meet the Press, 12/16/2007]
7. As governor, Mitt Romney made it more expensive to use an ice skating rink, register a boat, take the bar exam, and transport hazardous waste.
[Associated Press, The Boston Globe, 08/28/2007]
8. Mitt Romney's plan for a "middle class tax cut" would provide zero benefits to 73.9 percent of the middle class.
9. In 2008, Mitt Romney proposed a $233 billion "stimulus package" to boost the economy.
[USA Today, 01/20/2008]
10. Under Mitt Romney's leadership, Massachusetts ranked 47th among the 50 states in job creation.
11. During Mitt Romney's tenure, Massachusetts' job growth was at 0.9 percent, far behind the national average of over 5 percent.
12. A Northeastern University economist found that Massachusetts lagged on virtually every economic indicator while Mitt Romney was in office.
13. Mitt Romney has proposed tax cuts for the rich and corporations that would cost $7.8 trillion over 10 years.
14. Mitt Romney boasts a record for creating private-sector jobs, but as governor, state employment grew twice as fast as the private sector.
15. Mitt Romney called the Occupy Wall Street movement "dangerous."
16. Mitt Romney's top economic adviser Greg Mankiw said the "offshoring" of American jobs was a good thing.
[Washington Post, 02/11/2004]
17. Mitt Romney called for taxes on the poor, saying low-income Americans having no income tax liability is "a problem" that will "kill the country."
18. Mitt Romney called the auto bailout "tragic." After it succeeded his campaign claimed he "had the idea first."
19. Back in 2002, a spokesman for Mitt Romney derided an anti-tax pledge as "government by gimmickry." He signed the Americans for Tax Reform pledge in 2011.
20. Mitt Romney admits he couldn't reduce Massachusetts' multi-billion dollar budget deficit without new revenue.
[The Boston Globe, 04/6/2003]
Since: Dec 11
21. Mitt Romney would repeal the Dodd-Frank bill, which regulates the risky practices that led to the 2008 crisis.
22. Mitt Romney, who lambasts the "failures" of government-backed mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, profits from investments in the firms.
23. Mitt Romney: "Corporations are people, my friend."
24. In 1996, Mitt Romney called the flat tax a "tax cut for fat cats." In 2011, Romney said "I love a flat tax."
[New York Times, 10/24/2011]
25. Mitt Romney supports privatizing Social Security.
26. Mitt Romney defended his belief that we "should consider a higher retirement age" for Social Security and Medicare to preserve tax breaks for corporations.
27. Mitt Romney signed a budget that cut K-12 spending by $181.6 million (4 percent) and higher education spending by $100 million (10 percent).
[The Boston Globe, 10/24/2005]
28. Mitt Romney said he wants to "get the federal government out of education."
29. As governor, Mitt Romney vetoed a minimum wage increase to $8 an hour.
[The Boston Globe, 08/1/2006]
30. Mitt Romney said he "cannot see that a Cabinet position would be justified" for an American Muslim.
31. Mitt Romney opposes troop withdrawal from Iraq.
32. Mitt Romney says the U.S. should cede humanitarian aid and global leadership to China: "We ought to get the Chinese to take care of the people."
33. Mitt Romney vowed to increase the size of the military by 100,000 troops.
[Associated Press, 10/8/2011]
34. Mitt Romney said that catching bin Laden would be "insignificant" and it's "not worth moving heaven and earth."
[New York Times, 05/3/2007]
35. Mitt Romney wanted "bombardment" of Iran.
[New York Times, 10/26/2007]
36. Mitt Romney advocated doubling the size of Guantanamo.
37. Mitt Romney says Obama's worst foreign policy mistake is the START treaty, a modest treaty originally negotiated by Reagan to ensure nuclear stability between the U.S. and Russia.
38. Many of Mitt Romney's foreign policy advisers helped push the U.S. into war with Iraq.
39. In 2008, Mitt Romney said if a Democrat won the White House it would mean "attacks on America."
40. Mitt Romney says it was "entirely possible" that Saddam did have WMDs.
Since: Dec 11
oops did mr know it all mess up? Haha keep googling you'll get it right
Since: Dec 11
No actually topix didn't show that I had posted the previous one after I refreshed it so I reposted. Big deal right? Jokes on you silly ass. Wanna know why your boy didn't get elected? Facts speak for themselves. Please debate me so I can make you look like the fool you are.
honey the only fool here is you. There is no debate when a fool is talking about another fool. Obama is not even worth talking about. He was a no body four years ago and he is still a no body today. He only floats on top because he is a big turd. Now you go else where and have a great day.
Who cares? The election is over....
Election may be over but we got the wrong man sitting in the white house. The one sitting in there now is only thinking about himself. He doesn't give a rats butt what the ppl want or needs. It's a very sad situation.
“Dewey Beats Truman!”
Since: Apr 12
Mitch filibusters himself!?!?! How embarrassing for his party and our state. Each day longer this man holds his job the worse he makes us look to the whole nation!
12 Users are viewing the Hopkinsville Forum right now
|KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10)||6 min||JOE NASTY||26,182|
|KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10)||37 min||Le Jimbo||145,946|
|Sheena Hotson||47 min||jimmie||75|
|Debate: Gay Marriage - Hopkinsville, KY (Jul '10)||1 hr||Brian_G||249|
|In a WAR between RUSSIA and GLOBALISTS, I'm "RO...||4 hr||SnuffAGlobalist||3|
|The real reason why white girls date black guys!!! (Jun '12)||6 hr||Aseptolsn||635|
|Hoptown Hopper MMA Team||7 hr||Boo yeah||5|