Westerfield a Waste
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
get god out of gov

Eddyville, KY

#1 Apr 6, 2013
http://www.kentuckynewera.com/web/news/articl...

"Freshman state Sen. Whitney Westerfield went to Frankfort to serve God, the 3rd District and the people of Kentucky — in that order."

Disgusting...I feel disgusted that this person got elected. The people who voted for him are old and wont be the majority for long because they are all about 80 years old and ignorant to the actual world they live in....and will soon die out.

I would like Mr Wasterfield to write a nice little paper about the separation of church and state. It’s obvious he missed that year of school.

Personal free speech does not mean govt speech. He is SUPPOSE to represent ALL Kentuckians.....he does not care that he is alienating many Kentuckians.

What a waste. The arrogance of ignorance is nauseating.

Mr Wasterfield you are a fool and an embarrassment to many Kentuckians. I would be embarrassed to introduce you as my Senator. You don’t stand for the constitution……you stand for confusion; you are so blind and brainwashed its sad. You sound foolish.
Please

Hopkinsville, KY

#2 Apr 6, 2013
get god out of gov wrote:
http://www.kentuckynewera.com/ web/news/article_3166ab58-9e73 -11e2-bcb7-001a4bcf887a.html

I would like Mr Wasterfield to write a nice little paper about the separation of church and state. It’s obvious he missed that year of school.

Mr Wasterfield you are a fool and an embarrassment to many Kentuckians. I would be embarrassed to introduce you as my Senator. You don’t stand for the constitution……you stand for confusion
Great point!

I guess you didn't miss the day of school that separation of church and state was taught.

Please post that part of our constitution for all to see.

“Dewey Beats Truman!”

Since: Apr 12

Here

#4 Apr 6, 2013
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof."
If you cannot promote, establish, or prohibt a religion by passage of law, then no religion could be allowed to hold sway over our laws and lawmakers. It is pretty simple. The man who helped write the very Constitution you try to twist to your own views says that it is not just implied, but meant to be a separation. You can split hairs and reinterpret the Constitution til the cows come home, but you know the "will of the Founders" is this when writings by Jefferson himself even back this up!
Please

Hopkinsville, KY

#5 Apr 6, 2013
I see your point.

Joey showed what a great drunk he was without bragging about it.
get god out of gov

Eddyville, KY

#6 Apr 6, 2013
Funny if someone was elected who was a muslim and they said "I first serve allah then ky's people" ...

Well lets just say that there would be a shoratge on depends undergarments. There would be a lot of pants being crapped full.

Why cant people see that keeping a religious view private protects us all from a few being in control over the rest of us?
Truth

Hopkinsville, KY

#8 Apr 6, 2013
All the Westerfields are holier than thou bible thumpers. They think Its a status symbol not a religion.

“Dewey Beats Truman!”

Since: Apr 12

Here

#10 Apr 6, 2013
His Christian values never stopped him from aggressively smashing people to a pulp with that collection agency. Does Jesus teach one to ruin people just for the money?
How a man who gained so much by running others into the ground for cash would be as bold to post something like this? http://whitneyesq.files.wordpress.com/2012/08...
get god out of gov

Madisonville, KY

#12 Apr 7, 2013


"When Theocrats Have Power"

Theocracy is dangerous. Dont stand for it.

"Religion is like a moss that will cover everything and smother freedom unless you constantly keep pushing it back"

Yes....it will.
get god out of gov

Madisonville, KY

#13 Apr 7, 2013


Facist Theoocracy and the Great Zappa.....

“Dewey Beats Truman!”

Since: Apr 12

Here

#14 Apr 7, 2013
The worse part is these "true believers" are the cannon fodder sent out ahead in the culture war the Corporations invented to enslave us all. Once they take over, destroy democracy, and turn everything back to a Dark Ages style fiefdom where we are mere wage slaves/serfs. They will no longer need these convenient idiots.
spamin

Hopkinsville, KY

#15 Apr 9, 2013
Please wrote:
<quoted text>
Great point!
I guess you didn't miss the day of school that separation of church and state was taught.
Please post that part of our constitution for all to see.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
king

Hopkinsville, KY

#16 Apr 10, 2013
They are a bunch of fakes
been there

Gilbertsville, KY

#17 Apr 10, 2013
some of you need to go to the middle east where if you do not believe and worship as a muslim you will be killed. that is your seperation of church and state. no one forces any of you to do or worship any way you don't want to. but you don't want me to have the freedom to say what i want to. yes i am a christion and i have fought in war for you to mouth off about God. I know he will bless you. think about the soldier that is dying for you to say these things and maybe you will keep quiet.
\

“Dewey Beats Truman!”

Since: Apr 12

Here

#18 Apr 10, 2013
been there wrote:
some of you need to go to the middle east where if you do not believe and worship as a muslim you will be killed. that is your seperation of church and state. no one forces any of you to do or worship any way you don't want to. but you don't want me to have the freedom to say what i want to. yes i am a christion and i have fought in war for you to mouth off about God. I know he will bless you. think about the soldier that is dying for you to say these things and maybe you will keep quiet.
\
This is what most Americans do not get. Islam is not a monolith. There are many different denominations of Islam. That is why they have "sectarian violence" in those countries. Sunnis and Shiites kill each other over which is the "right" Muslim faith.
That is why Christians should be thanking the founders for making a wall between religion and government. You might be in a similar situation as say.. Syria. Where the government is made mostly of the Alawite minority, the laws benefit members of that faith and because they hold the power, they can oppress the Sunni/Sufi majority. Think if that were true here. The majority of the signers of the Declaration of Independence and Constitution were Episcopalian and Anglicans. Now what if they had made this the official religion. They could have banned your faith or made you pay a tax to have your faith or perhaps even imprisoned you if your faith openly opposed them. The separation of church and state has allowed the proliferation of Christianity in all it's forms in America, not hurt it as some of these kooks on here imply.
Freedom From Religion

South Fulton, TN

#19 Apr 10, 2013
been there wrote:
some of you need to go to the middle east where if you do not believe and worship as a muslim you will be killed. that is your seperation of church and state. no one forces any of you to do or worship any way you don't want to. but you don't want me to have the freedom to say what i want to. yes i am a christion and i have fought in war for you to mouth off about God. I know he will bless you. think about the soldier that is dying for you to say these things and maybe you will keep quiet.
\
Well thats what Im trying to tell you!!!!!!!!!! How would you like (since Catholics are a really big denomination) Catholicism to be voted by the govt the official religion of the USA? And you would be held to laws based on the catholic religion?

See thats how I feel about your christ-tard religion making laws now.....Its wrong and we should condemn it. I wont stand for it and neither will many other Americans.

Your problem is you are a "repeater". You repeat lies that have been told to you and you never research your beliefs...you simply repeat. You are not repeating facts.....but you dont understand.

Go research the foundering fathers...their beliefs....their reasons for leaving "god" out purposely.....When you actually learn the facts and not just the common churchy church lies (invented to make you feel superior and retain your arrogance so you won’t question anything) your idea will change. The church tells lies in order to control you....plain and simple

If you would only research and read unbias info you could understand. You dont have to listen to me....research for yourself I swear you will be surprised at how much of what you believed is wrong.

been there

Gilbertsville, KY

#20 Apr 10, 2013
no scientist has ever shown me facts that will prove the Bible wrong. They have theories but no facts. Even they will tell you that. I also don't call your athiesim names. But that is ok you may attack me if it makes you feel better. Again I have fought in wars to give you that right. God Bless you.

“Dewey Beats Truman!”

Since: Apr 12

Here

#21 Apr 11, 2013
Probably because science isn't about proving your book wrong, it is about testing and discovering how our bodies, universe, and world work. Now some of this has proven ideas people get from your book wrong (like the Earth being round, the planets circle the sun instead of the Earth, no spontaneous generation of life, Earth being millions of years old instead of a few hundred thousand, the universe and the Earth taking much longer than 7 days to form). But there is no mission to disprove it, that is just a matter of where the facts lead. Sorry that you feel it is an attack on you, but it isn't anything personal really.
Truth n Facts

Calvert City, KY

#22 Apr 11, 2013
been there wrote:
no scientist has ever shown me facts that will prove the Bible wrong. They have theories but no facts. Even they will tell you that. I also don't call your athiesim names. But that is ok you may attack me if it makes you feel better. Again I have fought in wars to give you that right. God Bless you.
I respect and appreciate your service, sacrifice, love for fellow Americans and the safety of our country.

However we differ on the issue of the bible being accurate. I once thought it was the straight truth and key to life, well thats what I was told and I never researched anything but once I got really interested in researching the religion that was thrust upon me by my country/family/bible belt home town I soon found it to be all a fraud, as are ALL religions. Not just Christianity, I treat ALL religions the same…with disgust.

Sorry but it totally fell apart once I read it for myself. It was a good story to explain the world back when we were ignorant and had no science but its high time we put it where it belongs, at story time from the fiction shelf.

"God creates light and separates light from darkness, and day from night, on the first day. Yet he didn't make the light producing objects (the sun and the stars) until the fourth day (1:14-19). And how could there be "the evening and the morning" on the first day if there was no sun to mark them? 1:3-5"

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/science/lon...
Ark

Madisonville, KY

#23 Apr 11, 2013
Senator Westerfield is a great American, a great senator for Kentucky and is representing us well. Thos eo fyou that are attacking him, are really attacking God. It is not Whitney Westerfield that you are angry at it is God. Why?
I feel sorry for you people, including Joey and his unGodly Democrat friends.
been there

Dunmor, KY

#24 Apr 12, 2013
I am sorry but an attack on Christanity is a personal attack. I don't believe most Christians will go out and publicly attack Athiest. I say "MOST". But because we would like to put on a public display like a nativity scene you want to abolish it. You have the same right to put up an Athiest display. Just back off until we start attacking you and your beliefs. Thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hopkinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black people acting like savages 16 min Anderson 42
Ferrels 17 min 666for2016 4
Are the jews conspiring to take over Hoptown? 26 min jay 13
Okie Grovie police at it again 41 min Bigwilly 3
Jennifer loses again 56 min Family 3
Southern states sold 57 min Farmer brown 1
Fireman and Brothal at Oak Grove 59 min Always ready Alwa... 1
2016 1st Presidential Debate 1 hr larry_the_liberal 23
How does he get the treads pulled so fast 1 hr HtownCitizen 15
Drunks at Mary Poppins Tue Kent 21

Hopkinsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hopkinsville Mortgages