How Christians Stole Christmas

Posted in the Hopkinsville Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
WarmToday

Kuttawa, KY

#1 Dec 1, 2012
http://atheism.about.com/b/2005/12/09/how-chr...

"So, the next time a Christian insists that we put the Christ back in Christmas, tell them that they should also:
•Put the Mass back in Christmas
•Restore Michaelmas
•Restore Candlemas
•Restore Childermas
•Restore the Feast of the Epiphany
•Restore the Advent season
•Restore gift-giving to the real Christmas season, which occurs after Christmas day
•Don't put up a Christmas tree until Christmas eve — if at all
•Use Christmas as a day of contemplating Christ, not for engaging in commerce"

HoHoHo christians.
bigadams

Duluth, GA

#2 Dec 1, 2012
WarmToday wrote:
http://atheism.about.com/b/200 5/12/09/how-christians-stole-c hristmas.htm

"So, the next time a Christian insists that we put the Christ back in Christmas, tell them that they should also:
•Restore Michaelmas
•Restore Candlemas
•Restore Childermas
•Restore gift-giving to the real Christmas season, which occurs after Christmas day

HoHoHo christians.
if we did all that you athiest would have a freakin cow!! If you don't believe in Christ I see no reason why CHRISTmas concerns you at all. It's Jesus's birthday according to you something that never happened so why do you participate in this wonderful time of year? Seems kind of hypocritical.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#3 Dec 1, 2012
bigadams wrote:
<quoted text>if we did all that you athiest would have a freakin cow!! If you don't believe in Christ I see no reason why CHRISTmas concerns you at all. It's Jesus's birthday according to you something that never happened so why do you participate in this wonderful time of year? Seems kind of hypocritical.
i agree 100%
sugar baby

United States

#4 Dec 1, 2012
WarmToday wrote:
http://atheism.about.com/b/200 5/12/09/how-christians-stole-c hristmas.htm

•Restore Michaelmas
•Restore Candlemas
•Restore Childermas

HoHoHo christians.
you go back to fl. We will have Christ in everything. CHRISTmas is about the birth of Jesus. Don't ever forget that. I'm so sick of ppl putting Jesus down but they sure want to celebrate His special days. If you don't believe then fine don't but don't go around putting something down that you have no idea about. What cuz you don't believe we ( the believers ) are supposed to roll over and play dead? No we won't a true person of God will always tell those who dont believe the story of the Lord and how wonderful He is. So yes please put Jesus back in Christmas. If it wasn't for Him we wouldn't have anything to celebrate. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
christmas=love

United States

#5 Dec 1, 2012
This time of year is suppose to be filled with lots of love cuz Christ is love. That is one gift from God that everyone believes in. Christmas is not about toys, ties, and nic nacs. It's about the Lord and family and sharing a great time at least one day out of the year to put fights and worries to the side. Christ=Christmas=love. I pray everyone has a great Christmas filled with lots of love cuz if you do then Christ will be pleased that you used His gift.
Wow

Lynchburg, VA

#6 Dec 1, 2012
Lol
WarmToday

Kuttawa, KY

#7 Dec 1, 2012
Ten Stupid Things Smart Christians Believe
1.A mistranslated book written by cave people is a reliable guide to the modern world.
2.There’s an invisible man in the sky who likes to watch you while you’re showering.
3.Two thousand years ago, an alter ego of this invisible man knocked up a Jewess whose husband wasn’t satisfying her.
4.The progeny of this drunken coupling was both god and the son of god.
5.This son of god was killed (but not really, since he’s also god, and god can’t die) and then came back to life to seek revenge, just like J.D. Walker.
6.His killing was a necessary sacrifice in order that we might be forgiven for the sins of Eve, the first woman in the world, who lived 6000 years ago in a magical garden, where a talking snake convinced her to eat a forbidden apple.
7.To show our thanks for this sacrifice, we should put special crackers and wine in our mouths, where they will be magically transformed into his flesh and blood, which we should then swallow despite taboos regarding cannibalism.
8.If you don’t believe all the preceding items, then after you die you will be plunged into a lake of fire and tortured for all eternity.
9.If you do believe all the preceding items, then after you die you’ll get to go to heaven, which is a cloud in outer space connected to the earth with a dotted line bent into a heart-shape
10.Thomas Kinkade is an awesome painter.

You poor thing....Gee.

Location hidden

#8 Dec 1, 2012
WarmToday wrote:
1.A mistranslated book written by cave people is a reliable guide to the modern world.
2.ThereÂ’s an invisible man in the sky who likes to watch you while youÂ’re showering.
3.Two thousand years ago, an alter ego of this invisible man knocked up a Jewess whose husband wasnÂ’t satisfying her.
5.This son of god was killed (but not really, since heÂ’s also god, and god canÂ’t die) and then came back to life to seek revenge, just like J.D. Walker.
6.His killing was a necessary sacrifice in order that we might be forgiven for the sins of Eve, the first woman in the world, who lived 6000 years ago in a magical garden, where a talking snake convinced her to eat a forbidden apple.
7.To show our thanks for this sacrifice, we should put special crackers and wine in our mouths, where they will be magically transformed into his flesh and blood, which we should then swallow despite taboos regarding cannibalism.
8.If you donÂ’t believe all the preceding items, then after you die you will be plunged into a lake of fire and tortured for all eternity.
9.If you do believe all the preceding items, then after you die youÂ’ll get to go to heaven, which is a cloud in outer space connected to the earth with a dotted line bent into a heart-shape

You poor thing....Gee.
wow. Do you feel better?

“Shoot to protect!!!!”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#9 Dec 1, 2012
bigadams wrote:
<quoted text>if we did all that you athiest would have a freakin cow!! If you don't believe in Christ I see no reason why CHRISTmas concerns you at all. It's Jesus's birthday according to you something that never happened so why do you participate in this wonderful time of year? Seems kind of hypocritical.
And they would be the first to bitch if they had to work Christmas eve or Christmas day and didn't receive holiday pay for it

“Shoot to protect!!!!”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#10 Dec 1, 2012
WarmToday wrote:
2.ThereÂ’s an invisible man in the sky who likes to watch you while youÂ’re showering.
3.Two thousand years ago, an alter ego of this invisible man knocked up a Jewess whose husband wasnÂ’t satisfying her.
5.This son of god was killed (but not really, since heÂ’s also god, and god canÂ’t die) and then came back to life to seek revenge, just like J.D. Walker.
8.If you donÂ’t believe all the preceding items, then after you die you will be plunged into a lake of fire and tortured for all eternity.
9.If you do believe all the preceding items, then after you die youÂ’ll get to go to heaven, which is a cloud in outer space connected to the earth with a dotted line bent into a heart-shape

You poor thing....Gee.
I can see where you are going if you don't straighten up young man.
White ceaser

Irmo, SC

#11 Dec 1, 2012
WarmToday wrote:
2.There’s an invisible man in the sky who likes to watch you while you’re showering.
3.Two thousand years ago, an alter ego of this invisible man knocked up a Jewess whose husband wasn’t satisfying her.
5.This son of god was killed (but not really, since he’s also god, and god can’t die) and then came back to life to seek revenge, just like J.D. Walker.
8.If you don’t believe all the preceding items, then after you die you will be plunged into a lake of fire and tortured for all eternity.
9.If you do believe all the preceding items, then after you die you’ll get to go to heaven, which is a cloud in outer space connected to the earth with a dotted line bent into a heart-shape
You poor thing....Gee.
u have got to be the dumbest human being alive

“Dewey Beats Truman!”

Since: Apr 12

Here

#12 Dec 1, 2012
Would someone please inform them that they stole the holiday from pagans in the first place? They can't even come up with an original holiday because all the ones they have are stolen from other cultures!
really?

United States

#13 Dec 1, 2012
What's wrong with you people? Can't Christians have their celebration with Christ without all of your stupid comments? If you don't want to serve Him or Celebrate His birthday then don't. Just shut up and go serve your scientist or your rock or any other thing you believe in. One day He is coming back and oh boy the looks on your faces will be priceless but oh so sad. It's funny how people don't believe but yet they want to celebrate Christmas and everyone knows why we celebrate Christmas its the Lords birthday. Non believers are like party crashers. They want to play but they dont know the rules. Well best of luck to you all I hope you see the light before its to late. Putting the Lord in your heart would be the best gift you ever gave your self.
Xuande

Hopkinsville, KY

#14 Dec 1, 2012
My daddy always told me, "Don't raise a child that isn't yours." Damn Joseph.

“Dewey Beats Truman!”

Here

#15 Dec 1, 2012
It's not even his birthday, they didn't do the Roman census in December! Rome needed to convert the pagans so they just took the pagan holidays and changed them to Christian holidays. Why do you people deny the plain fact and act like you are being attacked when someone just mentions the truth? They say ignorance is bliss, but willful ignorance must be heaven, huh?

Location hidden

#16 Dec 1, 2012
Why do christians seem so happy with the thoughts of non christians burning eternally in hell? Its disgusting! Its sad.
really

United States

#17 Dec 1, 2012
the real anonymouse wrote:
It's not even his birthday, they didn't do the Roman census in December! Rome needed to convert the pagans so they just took the pagan holidays and changed them to Christian holidays. Why do you people deny the plain fact and act like you are being attacked when someone just mentions the truth? They say ignorance is bliss, but willful ignorance must be heaven, huh?
you don't know half of what you say. Why do you act like you care? If you don't believe then don't worry about the ones that do. Christ is and alway will be alive and well. Believe or don't believe either way go some where else where people want to hear you rant on and on.
really

United States

#18 Dec 1, 2012
EmpAtheist wrote:
Why do christians seem so happy with the thoughts of non christians burning eternally in hell? Its disgusting! Its sad.
no one wants to see anyone burn in hell. That's why children of God try and try to speak the truth to all you non believers. God told His people to go out into the world and spread the gospel. God should always be first in your life. He loves you so much that He sent His only son to die upon the cross so we could be free from sin. He rose from the grave so you can have ever lasting life. How many people would do that for you? None! God is real and He wants us to live for Him. He will carry you through the worst part of your life. He will also be by your side when your having good times. All you have to do is ask Him to forgive you of your sins and to come live in your heart. Oh what a feeling that is. Try it you might be surprised how wonderful it feels. Merry Christmas to all!!

“Dewey Beats Truman!”

Here

#19 Dec 1, 2012
The only majority that pretends it is a repressed minority in order to suppress the rights of actual minorities. It must be nice to use the power of numbers but have a victim mentality to fall back on. The plain truth is that you knew that this subject was going to offend your sensibilities, but you chose to come onto it and push your agenda, while pretending that you are being oppressed by a conversation you never had to participate in at all! Turn the other cheek or something, because you trespassed onto this thread to throw your weight about, not the other way around.

Location hidden

#20 Dec 1, 2012
Thanks for the non violent response. Being an atheist though... i can tell you its not all candy and roses coming from the christian side!... for example... i said what i said in my last comment because i just finished reading comments from christians with that message of joy knowing god will send us there. I was a christian my whole life until about 5 years ago... I not only know the story but i truely believed it and debated atheists on youtube.com .... After many months of honest discussion with an open mind.... i am now a non believer .... and i also gained an understanding of why atheist seem so angry. Its the condesending hate filled christians that get under their skin.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hopkinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
miss him 50 min Eliza 10
mcgee runs HHS baseball 56 min Proud tiger fan 6
old women in public not wearing bras 1 hr former bruce jenner 17
Kaleb Sandifer 1 hr dillard 6
Billy Cook (Aug '14) 1 hr bazinga 18
Mutt park. 2 hr obsessed 6
Head 2 hr Adam 1
Hoptown native and former local business owner ... 2 hr linda 6
biggest jerks in hoptown (Apr '12) 4 hr Just sayin 23
More from around the web