True believer

United States

#192 Apr 7, 2013
Yup, leave it all alone
jdw

Hopkinsville, KY

#193 Jun 1, 2013
Clpptt wrote:
My wife went to see him and now he is no longer working at the OB/GYN office and nobody will tell us anything about why he is gone. anyone know anything?
. Thank goodness I found him
KHarrington

Oak Grove, KY

#194 Jun 8, 2013
I used him as my primary care manager for a few years and was very upset when I was called telling me I couldn't go to my appointment with Dr. Dobay because he was no longer there. I fought with Tricare forever to get them to move me with him to Nashville but they wouldn't, wasn't until I left for Germany then came back that Tricare has now allowed me to have him as my primary care manager again. He a a great doctor and I have had nothing but great experiences with him, minus a 2 hour wait I had one time at a scheduled appointment. Everything he has done for me was awesome! He also was able to tell me in 2 visits what most doctors couldn't tell me in 10 years with what was wrong with me. Can't wait to make my first appointment to see him, I just hope it doesn't take me forever to get in to see him. His personal life has nothing to do with his competence as a doctor. I had no idea about what had happened until I googled his name to get contact info so I can call and make my appointment and after reading every last one of these comments I have not changed my mind about him one bit. People make mistakes, he is still a great doctor!
David of Nazareth

Versailles, KY

#195 Aug 18, 2014
Friend wrote:
You are old news.(Dubai,UAE) He has moved on. You should too. He is so intelligent and does not care what you people have to say. It's actually sad that you all have nothing going on in your life. Stop living in the past. Move on.
Yep, the vaunted Dr. Dobay, M.D. stands for "ME DICK". He's up to his old tricks again in Nashville. He just can't keep his hands off the women. He is a hedonist.

On top of his women problems, Dobay also has problems paying his taxes for the rent properties he has in Hoptown. He has a LOT of vacancies, because he let's his properties deteriorate. I needed things fixed like my leaky roof, but all the prop managers did was put a band aid on it. They kept my deposit when I left and I cannot afford to file a lawsuit.

Now I find out the wife of the husband wife team has a FELONY conviction for diverting funds ($164,000) from the property management company she used to work for. The bad thing is the management company she worked for was her husband's sister's husband. His name is Johnny Blane. She stole from HER RELATIVES. Probably she is stealing from Dobay too.

Birds of a feather flock together. He's scum and the property managers are scum. She took the deposit in cash, so probably she kept it right then.
concerned

United States

#196 Mar 9, 2015
I do not know Mr. Dobay, but I have heard many things over the years, , both good and bad. To me, the tipping point to my forming an opinion was this - I live in the historic district where he owns several properties. At one point, I was informed that he had rented one of his homes to a registered sex offender ( I was notified by the police which is required by law). Needless to say, I and the rest of the neighborhood were worried and shocked. One of my neighbors, who is a mental health professional, contacted Mr. Dobay by email and asked if he was aware of this. Not only did he respond, but sent a torent of emails in which he said he said he knew and didn't care about the safety of the neighborhood children as long as he was receiving rent. My sweet neighbor was so upset by the language and attitude expressed in this email, that they showed it to several of us. Of course, Mr. Dobay may rent to whomever he wishes, but this coupled with the rest of his questionable decisions(which are public record) make me wonder why anyone would choose him to be the person they trusted to bring their innicent child into the world.
HoptownLady

United States

#197 May 28, 2016
Well the good doctor has come back to Hoptown. He's cruising around in his Mercedes with a girl young enough to be his daughter.....but by the familiarity they have with each other, it appeares romantic. Michelle, the wife is nowhere to be seen. And it appears he's up to his old tricks, he's already been pulled over by the cops within 10 minutes of hitting town. Then several witnesses saw him drive off in his Mercedes drinking out of an open beer container. His being off the wagon would explain the weight gain. Gone is the sophisticated Doctor, Replaced with too tight clothes trying to cover his beer gut. He's just a Redneck Hoptown boy now. The mighty has truly fallen.
NoDobay

Nashville, TN

#198 Jun 14, 2016
If sitting in his waiting room for 2-3 hours before seeing him at every appointment wasn't bad enough...He was our Doctor in Nashville until a few issues arose. My girlfriend ended up in a hospital for a day, and we needed his office to fill a prescription for a medication suggested to us by the hospital doctor. We called his office every day for a week & still haven't heard back from them...this was 3 weeks ago.

We ended up finding a new doctor shortly after. We had her medical records transferred over. Apparently all of our blood work & ultrasound information was never filed in our records. Dobay also had us do a genetic test, which we pay for out of pocket, but told the genetic testers to not check for the specific things we needed tested (Down's syndrome, etc), so our results came back with "no result", which his nurse (that he is secretly sleeping with) said meant "negative". Our new doctor has told us that we have to do this test again. Oh, and the bill came to $12,000 even though Dobay told us it would be ~$200 (but that we could ignore the bill and not pay...because he is such a stellar human being) He is a scumbag with an unprofessional office. Do not put your health into his hands.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hopkinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shots fired on Morningside Dr. 11 min Clinton Circle 1
Ashley Webster 17 min Facts 5
Diamond rio 58 min Markus 12
Money raised for Dayton?! 1 hr jonn 5
stoneham auctions UK memorabilia 2 hr Keb 7
Harry Mason passes away 2 hr Hairy on the Floor 5
Chickens at summer slam 3 hr Fawn 1
Beer downtown 3 hr Swaggert 10
Tony Jones 3 hr Young pup 51
Dayton Jones 23 hr Trudy 6