Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated Nov 29, 2012
Player 25

Madisonville, KY

#1 Nov 15, 2012
Why can't they keep their coaches for any time? They have had some great coaches and for some reason they are run off or leave after a year. Coach Hallmark was great and he was run off. Why? Mr Sage was great at the school and he was run off. Why? This needs to stop and stop now! When you have a coach that won a state championship you need to do what it takes to keep him! There is a BIG problem and it need to be eliminated before we have no coaches wanting to work with our student athletics!
trotter

Cleveland, TN

#2 Nov 25, 2012
Player 25 wrote:
Why can't they keep their coaches for any time? They have had some great coaches and for some reason they are run off or leave after a year. Coach Hallmark was great and he was run off. Why? Mr Sage was great at the school and he was run off. Why? This needs to stop and stop now! When you have a coach that won a state championship you need to do what it takes to keep him! There is a BIG problem and it need to be eliminated before we have no coaches wanting to work with our student athletics!
Sage was the worst. Don't know where you're getting that info. He was hated by his team and most of the students and staff.
Patience

Murray, KY

#3 Nov 25, 2012
How about David Taylor?
melvin

Madisonville, KY

#4 Nov 25, 2012
I liked Sage, he was and is a stand up guy and not a slob.
trotter

Decherd, TN

#5 Nov 25, 2012
He may not be a slob, but he was a condescending elitist who always knew everything, especially when he didn't. The ball players did not respect or respond to him. Hallmark on the other hand chose to leave because he was tired of getting frustrated (which is a part of coaching) and wanted to enjoy retirement and his family rather than stress about basketball. Taylor begged him to stay.

I just can't stress enough about how Sage is not a stand up guy. He is an impulsive liar, with a small fraction of the heritage population he brainwashed into liking him.
Lambas

Madisonville, KY

#6 Nov 26, 2012
I assume you do not like him????
trotter

Nashville, TN

#7 Nov 26, 2012
To put it nicely.
Liars

Louisville, KY

#8 Nov 26, 2012
trotter wrote:
He may not be a slob, but he was a condescending elitist who always knew everything, especially when he didn't. The ball players did not respect or respond to him. Hallmark on the other hand chose to leave because he was tired of getting frustrated (which is a part of coaching) and wanted to enjoy retirement and his family rather than stress about basketball. Taylor begged him to stay.
I just can't stress enough about how Sage is not a stand up guy. He is an impulsive liar, with a small fraction of the heritage population he brainwashed into liking him.
Then why has he applied for other jobs in he Public schools???
Dogma High

Kuttawa, KY

#9 Nov 26, 2012
good ole christians.....hahahahahah too funny!

I see why everyone calls it-

Hypocrite Christian Academy.

You self righteous parents spend all that money to send your kids to a school for proper christian dogma brainwashing....and then you probably break all the bible teachings right in front of your kids on a daily basis...

And people wonder why their kids have problems...people like you put stress on children by forcing them to live lies.

Way to go! Good job! Praise jeeebus.
trotter

Decherd, TN

#10 Nov 26, 2012
Liars wrote:
<quoted text>Then why has he applied for other jobs in he Public schools???
The better question is, why has he not lasted anywhere for very long? If you want to go that route.
Agree with Trotter

Clarksville, TN

#11 Nov 27, 2012
Coach Sage is extremely condescending, and everywhere he has coached he picks favorites amongst the talentless, pathetic players. Don't know how it was at Heritage, but I've seen first hand the mouth/attitude that he has as a so-called Christian. When he picks his star players, nobody will get in the way of that, even if they're terrible and look like they haven't played a day in their life. Coaches are supposed to be role models, not authoritative a-holes who talk down to middle/high school kids. Sad excuse for a coach.
Help me Jeebus

United States

#12 Nov 28, 2012
Agree with Trotter wrote:
Coach Sage is extremely condescending, and everywhere he has coached he picks favorites amongst the talentless, pathetic players. Don't know how it was at Heritage, but I've seen first hand the mouth/attitude that he has as a so-called Christian. When he picks his star players, nobody will get in the way of that, even if they're terrible and look like they haven't played a day in their life. Coaches are supposed to be role models, not authoritative a-holes who talk down to middle/high school kids. Sad excuse for a coach.
Pray to baby jeebus that your team will win.
fan of KS

Hopkinsville, KY

#13 Nov 28, 2012
Mr Sage was always a kind and nice person to my children and they were in no way a star. Some folks are just stirring the pot and trying to make someone else a bad person but I have never heard a bad word come from anyone about Mr Sage other that one person who is posting on this site as a player and former parent. Shame on you Mr ------!
trotter

Decherd, TN

#14 Nov 28, 2012
fan of KS wrote:
Mr Sage was always a kind and nice person to my children and they were in no way a star. Some folks are just stirring the pot and trying to make someone else a bad person but I have never heard a bad word come from anyone about Mr Sage other that one person who is posting on this site as a player and former parent. Shame on you Mr ------!
You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but I have first hand experience, believe me. Ask people who have been around him alot, and not just around him when he smooches his holy self on the newbies. More players quit because of him than any coach i have ever seen.
fan of KS

Hopkinsville, KY

#15 Nov 28, 2012
Did not see as many quit while he was the coach as the others. From all reports I have about him is he is a stand up guy and he stood up to fat boy and was fired. Looks like you may be eating way to many of the bought cakes?
trotter

Decherd, TN

#16 Nov 29, 2012
fan of KS wrote:
Did not see as many quit while he was the coach as the others. From all reports I have about him is he is a stand up guy and he stood up to fat boy and was fired. Looks like you may be eating way to many of the bought cakes?
You literally don't know what you're talking about. He wasn't fired by the AD. The school told him they were not going to renew his contract a couple weeks before school ended and had him pack up. The school. Not the athletic department.
Concerned family

Hopkinsville, KY

#17 Nov 29, 2012
It looks like you are him or either his gay lover????
HCA Alumni

Madisonville, KY

#18 Nov 29, 2012
trotter wrote:
I <3 u
...you get it

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hopkinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 3 min Kane 1,238
KNE did not see Joey coming. 17 min The Preacher 5
amanda curtiss faughn ezell 42 min Chris not so real 51
Carter Hendricks Resigned From KNE 1 hr welcome 3
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr lordy 151,092
billy hightower (Oct '08) 1 hr erica 37
Stop Record Any Police Stop 3 hr The Preacher 25
Colonels losing athletics to Hoptown 7 hr cucu 143
hms baseball 7 hr cucu 23
Carter Hendricks or Joey Pendelton 13 hr Yellow Press 20
•••
•••
•••

Hopkinsville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••