How many hate Chevys??
Wrong

Shepherdsville, KY

#2 Jan 12, 2013
What planet are you from fords a joke
ObamaMotors

Hopkinsville, KY

#3 Jan 12, 2013
You mean those vehicles made by Government Motors?

“Dewey Beats Truman!”

Since: Apr 12

Here

#4 Jan 12, 2013
I never understood the brand loyalty fight between Ford and Chevy. Most normal human beings like a car based on normal factors like performance, appearance, or even price. Only an idiot would buy a shitty vehicle just because of a logo or name on it just because daddy and grandaddy owned one too. I am sure both manufacturers have made their fair share of both excellent and sh!tty vehicles between them over the years.
You'd think instead of stoking the fires between a dwindling fan base founded on arbitrary values, both companies would be less concerned with battling each other and instead figure out how to impress people with how to buy more American cars in general to grow their business.
Wrong

Shepherdsville, KY

#5 Jan 12, 2013
The girl in the title of your name says all I needed to know
hide away

Madisonville, KY

#6 Jan 12, 2013
Wrong wrote:
What planet are you from fords a joke
you mean found on road dead right l
ObamaMotors

Hopkinsville, KY

#7 Jan 12, 2013
the real anonymouse wrote:
I never understood the brand loyalty fight between Ford and Chevy. Most normal human beings like a car based on normal factors like performance, appearance, or even price. Only an idiot would buy a shitty vehicle just because of a logo or name on it just because daddy and grandaddy owned one too. I am sure both manufacturers have made their fair share of both excellent and sh!tty vehicles between them over the years.
You'd think instead of stoking the fires between a dwindling fan base founded on arbitrary values, both companies would be less concerned with battling each other and instead figure out how to impress people with how to buy more American cars in general to grow their business.
That's because you are a nut hugging homo.

Since: Jan 13

United States

#8 Jan 12, 2013
Chevy Ford dodge. As long as it has a bed ill drive it. Trucks are the way to roll.
SHAFT

Charlotte, NC

#9 Jan 12, 2013
the real anonymouse wrote:
Nice. U greedy capitalist.
judge

United States

#10 Jan 12, 2013
Over the years I have owned at least a couple of each from the "big three". It's been my experience that they're all about the same. They all had their strengths and they all had their weaknesses. I have to agree with Mouse on this one. If you're buying a certain brand of anything just because someone else did, you're a friggin' idiot!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#11 Jan 12, 2013
judge wrote:
Over the years I have owned at least a couple of each from the "big three". It's been my experience that they're all about the same. They all had their strengths and they all had their weaknesses. I have to agree with Mouse on this one. If you're buying a certain brand of anything just because someone else did, you're a friggin' idiot!
from my experience, fords have coolant problems dodge engines don't last and Chevy won't keep a transmission. But il take an American made truck with a sick engine that overheats and won't pull over a foreign pos any day.
resneck sophistication

United States

#12 Jan 12, 2013
I didn't c in the post anywhere that said they were gettin a certain make model or year cuz someone else was.

“Dewey Beats Truman!”

Since: Apr 12

Here

#13 Jan 12, 2013
Of course the real irony is that half of these vehicles are made in Mexico now, while half of the "foreign" cars are now made in the USA. Go figure?
Been There - Done That

Dunmor, KY

#14 Jan 12, 2013
I used to be a hard core Chevy fan, however after General Motors took the govt bailout money from Obama I simply REFUSE to buy Chevy/GM ANYTHING!

Besides, they should get rid of the unions; all American companies should get rid of unions, very bad for business, the consumers and the workers!
big sexy

Dunmor, KY

#15 Jan 12, 2013
The Real Antimouse wrote:
<quoted text>
from my experience, fords have coolant problems dodge engines don't last and Chevy won't keep a transmission. But il take an American made truck with a sick engine that overheats and won't pull over a foreign pos any day.
i think you mean dodge cant keep a transmission and chevy engines wont hold up and ford does have coolant problems and no power

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#16 Jan 12, 2013
big sexy wrote:
<quoted text>i think you mean dodge cant keep a transmission and chevy engines wont hold up and ford does have coolant problems and no power
I've only owned one dodge and it had a 318 and it just absolutely sucked no power no torque no nothing. I was puttin more oil in it than gas. Maybe it was just a lemon. But I will be the first to say the 700r4's are junk I've been through 3 of them myself. I have a Chevy now with the 4l60e tranny, no problems yet (knock on wood). But yea every ford I've had overheated. If I had to pick any new truck it would be a dodge and that's saying a lot because I'm a hard core Chevy fan. But the new Chevy trucks are ugly.

Since: Jan 13

United States

#17 Jan 13, 2013
Oh my the way you talk truck just sends shivers down my back baby :)
rdc

Hopkinsville, KY

#18 Jan 13, 2013
Ill line up my ss Camaro against any ford or dodge anytime
Been There - Done That

Madisonville, KY

#19 Jan 13, 2013
Al right rdc, this is a mans' conversation talking about TRUCKS, not some match box cars! LOL

@The Real Antimouse - we had a Dodge once with 318 engine, you are right no power, used more oil than gas and I'd never own another Dodge because of that POS.

If I HAD to buy another new truck today, it would be a Ford (I hate to admit). I'll never buy another GM product unless they dropped unions, paid back the tax payer money with interest, thanked and apologized to the tax payer for having to be bailed out and put in writing that big shot CEO's will never get more money than $1 million a year and never anymore bonuses or perks in excess than $500,000 a year.

Guess I'll never buy another GM product!!
here and now

Tucker, GA

#20 Jan 13, 2013
Al right rdc, this is a mans' conversation talking about TRUCKS, not some match box cars! LOL

And just why is it a mans conversation? I would test my knowledge of vehicles against any average male citizen any day of the week.

Anyone want to talk about 383 stroker bored 60 over with hydraulic lift 650 double pump carb and a reverse manual valve body trans...546hp

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hopkinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cchs baseball 36 min Coach 9
Ted Cruz drops out 45 min Retired Farmer 2
Michael Pape Running for Congress? it is to Laugh! (Oct '15) 1 hr Mike 22
Belmont school to new planet fitness 1 hr Jim 7
Is S & S Construction a reputable contractor? 1 hr Paula 16
Egg rolls 1 hr Holly 2
Copper still 1 hr Louis 3
Homes for sale in harton Place 1 hr James 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance