First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Actuallllllly

Owensboro, KY

#21 Feb 17, 2013
Actually your wrong Wildddd. While Im not going to bash your property because It sounds like you have done a nice job with It. I own a house on off Pyle lane and It Is 3 bed 1.5 bath with brick exterior and a nice sized fenced In back yard. My house payment Is right a $600 that includes homeowners insurance and property taxes.

But, what people dont realize Is the maintenance involved with owning your own home and the risk you take If the market crashes like It has In the last 12 years. If your looking for a long term commitment and investment then owning your own home IS for you. If your not looking for that then Its worth It to rent and let someone else deal with the hassles.

With that said, my girlfriend rents a house on Brock and while Its a cute house there are tons of things that the owner/landlord has neglected. Light switches and outlet plates missing screws left and right. Water damage and stains on the ceiling. Carpet not properly stretched and tacked. Ceiling fans not properly installed with the fixtures rattling. No caulking around the bath tub. Cheap fittings and trim. Poor water pressure and not enough hot water. It really gets on my nerves when I go over there and see all the little things that were not paid attention to. That tells me the landlord Is just trying to squeeze a buck wherever he can and she cant seem to get him over there to fix anything. Oh well It was her decision and shes happy with It so that's all that really matters.

I just urge people to look around and pay attention to the details and not fall In love with the idea of having a place and fall In love with the idea of living In the right place.
Wildddd

Somerset, KY

#22 Feb 17, 2013
I'm sorry about your girlfriends trouble and you are right! There are some people who own rentals who don't care! I'm amazed how someone can invest their money in a property and then not take care of it and how they treat people who are paying them good money to live in their property. I personally can't do that! I take care of my places and try to be fair with my tenants! By al means you should ask around about landlords and not rent from the bad ones. Unfortunately, with a shortage of housing some peopl can get by with being crappy landlords.
ALICE

United States

#23 Feb 15, 2014
I am interested in a duplex on Pyle Lane. My cousins live in Hoptown and I am planning to move from California. I have a 12 year old son, so I cannot afford to be in a neighborhood where the children are undisciplined. Now I'm scared because of these posts!! Help!
Mickey Mouse

Hopkinsville, KY

#24 Feb 15, 2014
Dont let this scare you! Most of these posts are from uneducated idiots who know nothing about what they are talking about! Drive around in neighborhoods you think look acceptable. I would suggest Millbrooke Lane area, Indian Hills, Pyle Lane/LC Ave & Springmont/Virginia Gardens. You should be able to find a nice 2 or 3 bedroom for $550-800 per month. There are also some nice apartments--Griffin Gate, Peachtree & Morris Estates but they are a little more expensive. There are some bad landlords in town but there are good ones also. I own several properties but I have no vacancies. Call Coldwell Banker or Sanderson Realty who manage several properties. There are nice neighborhoods in Hopkinsville & good rental properties to be found. Good luck!
ALICE

United States

#25 Feb 21, 2014
Thank you so much Mickey Mouse!:-)
Rogue

United States

#26 Feb 21, 2014
Anyone have a 1 bedroom for rent?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hopkinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mary jo conger 2 hr Witness 2
Thanks for a great Season Colonels 3 hr Former Colonel Fan 1
cadiz shooting post removed. 4 hr Mr pickles 71
Anonymity 4 hr Sad Mama 13
the jones boy that did the assault 5 hr uradumass 81
Poor Brandon Hawkins 5 hr omg 7
Amish people 5 hr uradumass 41
dayton jones (Mar '11) 9 hr whatever 16
dayton jones out on bond 11 hr brad 5

Freeze Warning for Christian County was issued at October 30 at 8:49PM EDT