First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Just wondering

Duluth, GA

#1 Dec 16, 2012
Has anyone tried tangy roots yet? I was wondering how they are price wise.
Jaysus

Newburgh, IN

#2 Dec 16, 2012
They're pretty good. .45 an ounce, big as you want it. That's about 222.22222223 times less than weed and it tastes way better. I don't know why I added that.
Jaysus

Newburgh, IN

#3 Dec 16, 2012
than an ounce of weed*

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#4 Dec 16, 2012
Jaysus wrote:
than an ounce of weed*
of course your a pot head. it all makes since now.
Jaysus

Newburgh, IN

#5 Dec 16, 2012
The Real Antimouse wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm actually not.
I Can Read

La Fayette, KY

#6 Dec 16, 2012
The Real Antimouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Anti, you ever gonna answer the alien religion question?

Or is it too hard for you?
bob the builder

Duluth, GA

#7 Dec 16, 2012
why wait till winter and open a ice cream store..don't make sense to me "
wna

Fayetteville, NC

#8 Dec 16, 2012
I eat ice cream all year roung n its actually frozen yogurt...and its pretty much been 55-70 this winter so nota big deal
Friend

United States

#9 Dec 16, 2012
I'll tell you what statistics show more ice cream is sold in December, January and February more than any other months lol....
mallory

Frankfort, KY

#10 Dec 17, 2012
it is yummy,, not to bad ,like they posted earlier it is by the ounce you pay for what you get.
y

United States

#11 Dec 17, 2012
I thought they were selling something to put on your root.

“Dewey Beats Truman!”

Since: Apr 12

Here

#12 Dec 17, 2012
It's ice cream? I thought it was a place that did braids and hair stuff?
They should have come up with a better name. That one is confusing as hell and is not going to help their business.
Wildddd

Somerset, KY

#13 Dec 17, 2012
Owned a restaurant for years and worked with restaurants even longer...they do not sell more ice cream in the winter! Horrible time to open an ice cream/yogurt place. Think they intended to open back in the summer but ran into some planning/zoning issues the weren't prepared for.
Disappointed

Brownsville, TN

#14 Dec 17, 2012
I was really excited for Hopkinsville to get a neat healthy yogurt place...until I got the total for my yogurt. 1 cup of yogurt was 5 dollars and some change!?! That is completely ridiculous! I will never go there again. I will take my business to Starbucks from now on. If I am going to pay 5 bux for a treat, it is going to be a highly caffeinated amazing tasting treat!

This place won't be open for long, mark my word. After the newness wears off and everyone has tried it once, they won't have any business unless they lower those prices.
Disappointed

Brownsville, TN

#15 Dec 17, 2012
Just wondering wrote:
Has anyone tried tangy roots yet? I was wondering how they are price wise.
The prices are HORRIBLE! They weigh your cup after you fill it with what you want, and it is outrageous! Mine was 5 dollars and my friends was too! We both agree that we will go to Starbucks from now on. Plus, we made it ourselves...so it's not like we were waited on and paying for service. I will never go there again.

Since: May 12

Hopkinsville, KY

#16 Dec 18, 2012
FYI it's just like berry bear in clarksvegas and they seem to be doing good. And how much are y'all going to pat at Starbucks last time I went it was let me see $5 and full of sugar and fat. And no I don't work there never been there but people from hoptown opened it so we need to at least try it. And yes I love ice cream in the winter.

But that's just me
Whatever

Brownsville, TN

#17 Dec 18, 2012
I think what disappointed was saying is that he/she would rather spend 5 dollars on Starbucks. Yes we all know Starbucks is a little expensive, but the drinks are made specialized for each and everyone. You can get non fat or skinny, and those are NOT filled with sugar and fat! Also, the way the workers personalize your visit makes it worth the money! I've never been to Tangy Roots and never will. Of course Starbucks is better, it's not such a successful business for no reason.

AND, I doubt those yogurts are as healthy as you think. I've been told about the oreos,m&m's,gummy bears, and all the other toppings everyone piles on there!
gooby

Hopkinsville, KY

#18 Dec 18, 2012
Whatever wrote:
I think what disappointed was saying is that he/she would rather spend 5 dollars on Starbucks. Yes we all know Starbucks is a little expensive, but the drinks are made specialized for each and everyone. You can get non fat or skinny, and those are NOT filled with sugar and fat! Also, the way the workers personalize your visit makes it worth the money! I've never been to Tangy Roots and never will. Of course Starbucks is better, it's not such a successful business for no reason.
AND, I doubt those yogurts are as healthy as you think. I've been told about the oreos,m&m's,gummy bears, and all the other toppings everyone piles on there!
"I've never been to this place, but this other place is obviously better."

And

"Starbucks drinks are available without fat and stuff, so it's healthy! But you can put gummy worms on your frozen yogurt, it's unhealthy!"

Like you can't get the yogurt without the gummy worms, but all Starbucks drinks are non fat lattes

I have a feeling you rode a little shorter bus than the rest of us to school. No offense, but these contradictions are so blatant and obvious if I didn't know any better I'd call you a troll.

I've tried both, and while I didn't spend five bucks at Tangy Roots (I got a pretty good size cup of peanut butter flavor and a couple banana slices), it was still a very good and satisfying treat. If you're going to either Starbucks or Tangy Roots for your healthy treat options, something is wrong with you. Neither is terrible for you, but they're dessert and after dinner options.

I don't know, I guess I just don't get this blind loyalty to corporations,
Paul

United States

#19 Dec 18, 2012
I agree their prices are extremely high to make yourself a cup of yogurt. I don't care about healthy or not. The price is why I won't be back.
wow

Hopkinsville, KY

#20 Dec 18, 2012
Yeah, I thought it was a little pricey myself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hopkinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hpd k-9 13 min Concerned Citizen 1
Bank employee 22 min moneyhungry 10
douglass auto tech 33 min lover 13
old ladys 34 min radio man 2
cute couples 2 hr Shannon 6
why do some men cheat on their wives 2 hr anonymous 5
sexaul assualt video 2 hr enter username 8
Judge Atkins - Don't know what to do 5 hr Bart 39
Tigers embarrass community 6 hr Cris 32
Hopkinsville Dating