HHS Coach Gillespie
New Day

Middlesboro, KY

#335 May 1, 2013
First off, the principal isn't calling the shots, doctors and judges are pulling the strings at HHS from the AD on down to all sports. Find out who the men behind curtain are and you can make a change.
Majority Opinion

Hopkinsville, KY

#336 May 1, 2013
Saw Blake Leach walking around the game today for a little while. Wonder if he will be the next coach? Wonder if Ol' G saw him. I'd be worried if I was the old man.
Win The Day

Spartanburg, SC

#337 May 1, 2013
New Day wrote:
First off, the principal isn't calling the shots, doctors and judges are pulling the strings at HHS from the AD on down to all sports. Find out who the men behind curtain are and you can make a change.
Nicely stated!
winner

United States

#338 May 2, 2013
Majority Opinion wrote:
Saw Blake Leach walking around the game today for a little while. Wonder if he will be the next coach? Wonder if Ol' G saw him. I'd be worried if I was the old man.
Leach couldn't beat Gillespie or Harrell... Not an upgrade by no means.
Win The Day

Greenville, SC

#339 May 2, 2013
Definately dont want Leach, he's a proven loser. Why do you think County let him go?
Majority Opinion

Hopkinsville, KY

#340 May 2, 2013
winner wrote:
<quoted text>
Leach couldn't beat Gillespie or Harrell... Not an upgrade by no means.
True, but did you see what he had to work with during that time? Hoptown was head and shoulders above them in Talent. He was able to compete with them I felt like. I'd for sure take him over this guy without a doubt.
Pick3

Hopkinsville, KY

#341 May 2, 2013
Win The Day wrote:
Definately dont want Leach, he's a proven loser. Why do you think County let him go?
Who do you want then?
Pick Four

Tucker, GA

#342 May 2, 2013
Pick3 wrote:
<quoted text>Who do you want then?
Coach Perry would be my choice! It is terrible that coach g ran him off this year.
politics

Middlesboro, KY

#343 May 2, 2013
I think County let him go because of pressure from the Hoppers board to keep Crawford in town, not to mention keeping a certain booster happy. As far as a coach it is too early to worry about a replacement, need to get through the season. Never assume that there will be a replacement, but stay optimistic all the same.
politics

Middlesboro, KY

#344 May 2, 2013
Oh yeah, check Leach's overall record, only disctrict loss in 3 years was to Hoptown. Think staff: Leach, Perry,Litte Perry, Wheeler, & possibly 2 or 3 more. Just staying optimistic.
Booster

Hopkinsville, KY

#345 May 2, 2013
Coaches contract will or will not be renewed in the next couple of weeks, if you want him gone you had band together and talk to Choice and Kelly...time is running out. One voice will not get this done' goin forces like your going after Frankenstein!
Florida Bound

United States

#348 May 6, 2013
I hear coach g has started looking into moving back to FL. He is thinking his contract will not be renewed this year.
Sure hope he is right about that.
Please

United States

#349 May 8, 2013
When you leave, please don't take all of our equipment. We have worked hard for all the stuff you spent our money on without permission.
Please leave it when you leave.
Double Play

United States

#350 May 8, 2013
We are pecking at the right time.. Coach is a
Mastermind and im hearing he will be back!!
Geritol

Hopkinsville, KY

#351 May 8, 2013
Double Play wrote:
Yeah peaking against a bunch of schools for the blind. They finish up the season against one team with a winning record. Those 2 guys need to move into retirement.
Player Momma

United States

#352 May 8, 2013
Double Play wrote:
These two coaches could not coach their way out of a wet paper bag with holes in it if their life depended on it. It is pretty sad to watch them coach. One just does not give a crap and the other wants to look pretty.
Softball Player

United States

#354 May 14, 2013
Coach was not in a good mood today. Wonder if it will spill over to the game this afternoon. Feel sorry for the baseball players who have to deal with his moody butt.
Tom Bodett

Hopkinsville, KY

#355 May 15, 2013
Well there may be a coaching change in the near future. Reason being the current tenants in Coach Pats double wide are moving making room for the new hire. There is a clause in the booster by-laws stating any new hire must endure the mandatory one year stay at the Dougherty Hilton.
Tom Bodett

Hopkinsville, KY

#356 May 15, 2013
I almost forgot.....We'll leave the light on for ya.
Band Together

Middlesboro, KY

#357 May 15, 2013
The Dougherty shit is getting old...this is not about a parent or a player, the entire club is tired of his crap. 12 game win streak & nobody wants you? Looks like it is deeper than wins and losses, looks like it is the inability to hire a staff, spending thousands of booster dollars without permission and trying to run off some great talent. Quit getting personal with each other and make it about the program.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hopkinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ashley Johnson 17 min Not mad at all 21
locals march in mlk parade 1 hr Meth Matt 4
Dos Bros 2 hr Lisa 1
Is Emmy dating andrew ly"s police azz??? 3 hr Lonnie p 9
Lieutenant Alexander lied to grand jury 3 hr Carter family 14
Dobay properties 3 hr doctor 3
Josh Fox in jail again 3 hr Flip it good 3
Eidth and Archie Bunker 4 hr IP Preacher 45
Mayor disrespects MLK Holiday 5 hr IP Preacher 145
Cchs 9 hr Freefalling 30